• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

D0rZJJg.jpg

Constantly getting murdered and then coming back to life where it all starts over again? That's Bryan's gimmick.

F2P model can work.

7 months of Marvel Puzzle Quest under my belt
I have no confidence in Capcom in putting together a functional free to play model lol. I shouldn't paint all free to play models with a broad stroke though. Knowing Capcom, it'll be gems upon gems of power up grinding and in game purchases.

Forget SF and Deep Down (don't know what the heck they're even doing with that game anymore), there should be a free to play RE: Mercenaries game, it screams for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be alright if every game strikes the right balance for ME3's multi's f2p stuff. Keeps me going juuuust enough and sometimes I'll get silly and buy something.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't watched wrasslin in days. Starting back with the Clash where Hogan made his official WCW debut. I believe Starrcade 1994 is going to be my next review.

Hogan vs Beefcake in the main event
Mr. T. vs Kevin Sullivan
HHH vs Alex Wright
Sting vs Earthquake
Nasty Boys vs Harlem Heat
Arn Anderson vs Johnny B. Badd
Vader vs Jim DOOGUN

OK, into 2002 we go with WWF Smackdown!

On the cards for Jan 2002:

XPW - New Years Revolution
WWF - Royal Rumble

I wish I had more Japan stuff, but even 2002 stuff seems difficult to find unless you go expensive 'tape' traders... who are now little more than digital distributors.

the mood changed yet?

They were going nuts for him! Dudleys beating up Spike, for some reason Taz is late (it's a tag match and he's his partner). Taz' music hits and the crowd are going nuts. WTF is this.

Devon nearly kills Spike too, nearly flips him right out of the ring onto his head.

Sblargh

Banned

I have watched the first of this. It was fun actually, better than I expected, tho I expected very little. What I liked:

- The setting: some empty space probably used by crack addicts and the people right there, no barricade, no nothing, it might as well not have a ring. I mean, if you are aiming to the low budget, gritty look, that's a great way to do it.

- It feels weirdly real: Fucked up problematic people hurting each other pretending they are performers pretending they are fucked up problematic people hurting each other.

- I guess there's no real gore unless I watch the videos where shit goes wrong: sure, there is blood and barbed wire and fire, but there's no exposed bones or shit like that. Blood seems mostly due to blading which, you know, creepy foreheads aside, it's all right.

- Psychology (?): Maybe psychology is too much of a strong word, but, like the weirdly real point above, those are four people risking themselves and enduring pain to prove some weird point. So the match feeds itself of that, there's never a sense that these people really fucking hate each other, but it sure as hell doesn't feel phony.

What I didn't liked:

- Er... very little? - I did not *loved omg blew my mind* what I liked, I just liked it, it was all right. Every flaw these dudes might have is usually hidden behind the fact that they are in a fucking wooden ring that was set on fire and has barbed wire instead of ropes. But really seems a matter of too much for not enough; if I were to watch this every week, I think it would soon sink in that people are setting themselves on fire just to mildy amuse me.

G-Fex

They were going nuts for him! Dudleys beating up Spike, for some reason Taz is late (it's a tag match and he's his partner). Taz' music hits and the crowd are going nuts. WTF is this.

Devon nearly kills Spike too, nearly flips him right out of the ring onto his head.

marking out for that angry midget, it was a thing I guess?

oooooooo burn!

I have been enjoying the Ric Flair v Vince McMahon power feud, which only makes me wish this had happened during the whole invasion angle. Maybe this way is better, I don't know.

Gorillaz

that DB pic is pretty scary. It's like the higher definition it is, the worst it looks...and the photoshopped one in Duncan's avatar looks some sort of hellish game

oh yea happy birthday breh

that DB pic is pretty scary. It's like the higher definition it is, the worst it looks...and the photoshopped one in Duncan's avatar looks some sort of hellish game

oh yea happy birthday breh

Daniel Bryan Diablo class ALL THE WAY BABAY.

My birthday is tomorrow tho. But it is somewhere in the world so thanks!

Oh damn this segment is awesome, crowd are chanting WHAT! so Vince McMahon turns off all the lights on the crowd haha. I'll put it on the youtube.

And just for you Sunflower...

Bp33qHwCcAATNfi.png:large

strobogo

Banned
Stunning Steve post-Col. Parker was basically Real Ass Stone Cold with hair. He had like 3 months where he cut out all the bullshit, did his BMF walk to the ring, had a BAD attitude, and knocked the shit out of dudes. He even had a goatee. Then Hogan and his buddies LEGIT buried him. If you want to see a burial, watch Steve Austin in 1994. He went from US Champion (when that was still and important title), feuding with and defeating former world champions to jobbing in 20 seconds to Jim Duggan and becoming a full on JTTS for the next year. No transition. He went from putting on great 20 minute matches with Ricky Steamboat to being a jobber in one show and he stayed that way.

Austin and Macho had a match on Saturday night that was a 2-3 minute squash. Had that happened in 1992-mid 1994, it would have been a very competitive match that Austin might have won by count out, DQ, or cheating. This is taking the heir apparent to the top heel spot (and he had been for the past 2 years) to full on JTTS in one month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have watched the first of this. It was fun actually, better than I expected, tho I expected very little. What I liked:

- The setting: some empty space probably used by crack addicts and the people right there, no barricade, no nothing, it might as well not have a ring. I mean, if you are aiming to the low budget, gritty look, that's a great way to do it.

- It feels weirdly real: Fucked up problematic people hurting each other pretending they are performers pretending they are fucked up problematic people hurting each other.

- I guess there's no real gore unless I watch the videos where shit goes wrong: sure, there is blood and barbed wire and fire, but there's no exposed bones or shit like that. Blood seems mostly due to blading which, you know, creepy foreheads aside, it's all right.

- Psychology (?): Maybe psychology is too much of a strong word, but, like the weirdly real point above, those are four people risking themselves and enduring pain to prove some weird point. So the match feeds itself of that, there's never a sense that these people really fucking hate each other, but it sure as hell doesn't feel phony.

What I didn't liked:

- Er... very little? - I did not *loved omg blew my mind* what I liked, I just liked it, it was all right. Every flaw these dudes might have is usually hidden behind the fact that they are in a fucking wooden ring that was set on fire and has barbed wire instead of ropes. But really seems a matter of too much for not enough; if I were to watch this every week, I think it would soon sink in that people are setting themselves on fire just to mildy amuse me.

Zandig is legitimately charismatic and amazing. He's a pure artist stuck with a palette of shit, but paints a fascinating work on his poop canvas.

Zandig is the best thing about any deathmatch wrestling. He's so over the top, it's perfect.

Daniel Bryan Diablo class ALL THE WAY BABAY.

My birthday is tomorrow tho. But it is somewhere in the world so thanks!

Watch out. After you hit 21, you're not allowed to call attention to your birthday. So enjoy your final birthday party!

Damn, Test was funny as hell in late 2001 early 2002 as the pervy guy who just went around trying to score with as many divas as possible. Not even sure it was a gimmick.

strobogo

Banned
Did two sets of kettle bell swings for 4 minutes. Fuuuuuck. It's been too long I forgot how it kicks the shit out of you. Only 25lbs, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did two sets of kettle bell swings for 4 minutes. Fuuuuuck. It's been too long I forgot how it kicks the shit out of you. Only 25lbs, too.

Don't lift like a twat!

Summer of Strobogo? Day 1 of summertime you begin Starting Strength program and get strong as a fuckin ox?

strobogo

Banned
Don't lift like a twat!

Summer of Strobogo? Day 1 of summertime you begin Starting Strength program and get strong as a fuckin ox?

Once upon a time I was strong as an ox. I worked at a call center that had unlimited over time, so I spent about 6 straight months with no days off, working 16 hour days during the week, 8 on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday. Picking all the big accounts clean, getting my goal a week into the month, and spending the rest racking up bonuses. But this place had a gym in the building, so every hour or so, I'd go in and throw up some weights for a couple of minutes, and spend my whole lunch break in there. I got down to BronsonLeeweight, which is 135, which even for a little person like myself is about 15 pounds underweight. And for my body type, it was way under, but I didn't really eat much and was lifting all the time.

I think my max bench was 225 while weighing 135, barely eating, certainly not doing any supplements or anything. My body looked like shit though because I don't have the genetics for a good looking body. Imagine like an anorexic Ric Flair or something.

Then I fell into a (shocker) long term suicidal depression and dropped all that nonsense for a couple of years, got back into it with my cousin, going to the gym 3 times a week and doing whey and all that. Got up to nearly 200 pounds, but my maxes were much lower and I just looked like a fat dude with good traps/shoulders. At various times took up biking, be it actual bike or stationary.

The last time I got into lifting it was strictly kettle bells that I was doing daily and got some dope ass arms, shoulders, and back. It's just hard to keep up the motivation. It'd be so much easier if you can get in shape and then you get to stay in shape. But over the past 6 years or so, I think I've swung between 135-190 2 or 3 times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I started my exercising and getting back in shape two or three years ago, lunges made my legs sore for 3 days straight to the point that I could't do it anymore until they were better. It was awful.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm doing some DDP yoga. Not as much as I should, but I like it. I actually like being skinny, I corner the niche market of women who doesn't like guys with lots of muscles, but I was developing a really off-putting beer belly. DDP Yoga solved that well enough. I'm sure if I keep at it, I'll go back to my skinny self.

Top Bottom