• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Hasney

Recent TNA attendance figures according to wrestlinginc.com:

June 6th in Bowie Maryland - 200 fans
June 7th in Salisbury, MD - 800 fans
June 8th in Aberdeen, MD - 225 fans

800 is decent for them I guess. But yeah, ROH regularly beats the 200-fan mark.

Also, Magnus is looking to Hollywood for work outside of wrestling.

I hope all of them are looking for work outside of TNA.

Wonder if WWE will pick any of these guys up when TNA eventually folds/completley downsizes to an indie. Probably Jeff if he'd want to go back again, but not sure who else. They'd have Kurt if he still wasn't intent on killing himself in the ring one day.

Kaladin

Those NYC Impact shows will tell how bad it is for TNA. That place is usually packed for a wrestling show, and they're hoping for a Ring of Honor atmosphere at that building. I hope they get it, but they're lacking in star power and I just don't see NYC fans coming out for a failing promotion.

Alucard

Banned
I hope all of them are looking for work outside of TNA.

Wonder if WWE will pick any of these guys up when TNA eventually folds/completley downsizes to an indie. Probably Jeff if he'd want to go back again, but not sure who else. They'd have Kurt if he still wasn't intent on killing himself in the ring one day.

TNA will live as long as the Carters are willing to pump money into it.

I can't imagine some of these guys making six figures and TNA being able to pay them with 200 fans a show and merch sales.

Alucard

Banned
Those NYC Impact shows will tell how bad it is for TNA. That place is usually packed for a wrestling show, and they're hoping for a Ring of Honor atmosphere at that building. I hope they get it, but they're lacking in star power and I just don't see NYC fans coming out for a failing promotion.

They'll come. Muta will be there. I fully expect TNA to try to tailor their shows specifically for the NYC audience. At least, I hope so. Otherwise, I see the fans shitting on the product if they get short matches and a string of promos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm one of those guys who says fuck the World Cup. Brings too much misery. Also fuck soccer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the World Cup
iD6MjL2fPVZjS.gif

Same. :) Hoping for Germany to win it all. Thought they were the best team in 2010 and got bored to death by Spain in the semis.

I'm pulling for South Korea even if they have no real shot. Gotta root my heritage. Plus all my World Cup gear should be here by next week. Really excited.

I'm one of those guys who says fuck the World Cup. Brings too much misery. Also fuck soccer.

You are missing out. Best sporting event ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You are missing out. Best sporting event ever.

Any sporting event that people are guaranteed to die making it happen is shitty. I think Brazil only had 6 die so far. That's really good, if that's your scale of good. I'm taking the moral high ground!

DMczaf

Really dislike the huge increase in backseat game development lately. Is it because of developers foolishly reacting to any community outrage and the rise of Kickstarter?

Thank god WWE doesn't listen to it's fans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really dislike the huge increase in backseat game development lately. Is it because of developers foolishly reacting to any community outrage and the rise of Kickstarter?

Thank god WWE doesn't listen to it's fans.

It's really ridiculous. I agree. I love the threads that have some blowhard arguing how to make a game with actual devs saying "you're completely wrong" and they dig in their heels.

Alucard

Banned
Any sporting event that people are guaranteed to die making it happen is shitty. I think Brazil only had 6 die so far. That's really good, if that's your scale of good. I'm taking the moral high ground!

Yep. Every time one of these tournaments come around this kind of stuff unfortunately happens. It's the darker side of major sports tournaments. :-/

Still gonna enjoy the matches themselves, though.

strobogo

Banned
Vader getting straight up BODIED by Dustin. God damn. So good. Fans lost their minds for it. I had to make it so tiny and lower the quality to make it a manageable size because it is so long, but shit man. This match is fucking dope. Perfect match for both guys at that point in their careers. Dustin gets a TON of offense on Vader, much to the surprise of everyone, including Vader. Hard to watch this match and know that Hogan and Friends ruined his and Austin's chances of carrying the company. Sting/Vader level in my opinion.

iUGyrOLwzddWB.gif

FAVE FIVE GUYS YOU THOUGHT SUCKED AS A KID BECAUSE YOU WERE AN IDIOT WHO DIDN'T KNOW GOOD WRASSLIN

1. Bobby Eaton
2. Paul Orndorff
3. Bunkhouse Buck
4. Powers of Pain
5. The Destroyer*

*Kind of cheating because I didn't see any of his work as a kid, but I know I would have hated it and thought he was terrible, but he's awesome*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn that's one hell of a beatdown on Vader, that CROWD.

Fave Five Guys I Thought Sucked As A Kid Because I Was An Idiot Who Didn't Know Good Wrasslin:

5. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
4. Andy Kaufman
3. Warlord
2. Bob Backlund
1. Bobby Eaton

strobogo

Banned
Backlund definitely should have been on my list. Might replace Powers of Pain with him. I think both Demolition and Powers of Pain were better than LOD. They're probably the only two LOD rip offs that did it better than LOD, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Backlund had go-away heat with me. I just didn't get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

That's fucking sad about Bourne considering his tweet the other day. Surprised about Clay, he was doing a lot of outside stuff with WWE. Tatsu...I wonder how he feels about wasting his prime years getting paid and not getting better.

RP912

Banned
1. Bobby Eaton
2. Bob Backlund
3. Alex Wright
4. Arn Anderson
5. Dustin Rhodes

smh as a child I had a weird sense of what a top quality wrestler was about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1. Bobby Eaton
2. Bob Backlund
3. Alex Wright
4. Arn Anderson
5. Dustin Rhodes

smh as a child I had a weird sense of what a top quality wrestler was about.

I will say when I was younger I didn't get how good Alex Wright truly was. I kinda liked him. I also liked Disco Inferno a lot but at this point in my life, I friggin love that guy.

RP912

Banned
WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

That's fucking sad about Bourne considering his tweet the other day. Surprised about Clay, he was doing a lot of outside stuff with WWE. Tatsu...I wonder how he feels about wasting his prime years getting paid and not getting better.

Wow clay got released. He actually had an interesting heel turn in nxt which I thought wwe would take advantage of....guess not.

Yoshi was so underrated.

Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

If I'm Brodus, I'M PISSED they turned me heel.
If I'm Evan, I take the money I got for 2-3 years of nothing and dance on my now healed foot
If I'm Yoshi...FUUUUUUUUCK

and yet JTG is still employed
I get the strong feeling he's either doing stuff backstage, helps with NXT, or got fired years ago and nobody knows.

I'm leaning towards him being in the Hawkins role of helping out a lot with celebrity talent & such.

Hasney

Damn, surprised at Brodus. Thought he's be one of the big guys they'd keep around and hope they get better.

Unsurprised at the other two.

Vince McMahon said:

Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

I could see Yoshi returning to New Japan, but he'd probably be stuck as a mid-carder like Honma, or perhaps Mutoh would have him in W-1. Bourne will have no trouble getting booked on the indies and Dragon Gate would likely welcome him back, especially if Ricochet winds up as a New Japan guy.

RP912

Banned
I will say when I was younger I didn't get how good Alex Wright truly was. I kinda liked him. I also liked Disco Inferno a lot but at this point in my life, I friggin love that guy.

Disco Inferno grew on me when I was younger. He was actually a good wrestler if you look past the gimmick which was awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could see Yoshi returning to New Japan, but he'd probably be stuck as a mid-carder like Honma, or perhaps Mutoh would have him in W-1. Bourne will have no trouble getting booked on the indies and Dragon Gate would likely welcome him back, especially if Ricochet winds up as a New Japan guy.

Yoshi's squandered his big growth period by being nothing in WWE which is a shame. His pre-WWE stuff didn't do much for me, and while he did grow a bit, I don't see him getting past mid-card in NJPW at all, if even. I can see W-1.

If Bourne can't do as much flippy shit anymore DG may not need him, but I'm sure they'll be more than happy to try with him. Or maybe TNA picks up Clay. I could see that. That seems like the way the future will go with Clay.

"What's The Funky Tyrannosaurus, Tyrano, doing in the Impact Zone?"

Disco Inferno grew on me when I was younger. He was actually a good wrestler if you look past the gimmick which was awesome.

In-ring, Disco busted his ASS to be on the same level as his opponents. He had great matches with almost the entire midcard - everything from Lucha to Dean Malenko Technical Matches to Saturn and more. I liked Disco's work most when he'd work with luchadors though. Psicosis/Rey/Ciclope vs Disco were guaranteed fun.

jmdajr

So Bourne rumor turned out to be true. Yoshi was getting pretty damn flabby.

As for Brodus, crazy. They spent a lot of time/money on his presentation.

strobogo

Banned
I definitely liked Alex Wright, Norman Smiley, Disco, and Kanyon even as a kid. Alex Wright was way better than I thought, though. Dude was pretty legit.

"What is Brody Adobe doing in the Impact Zone?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely liked Alex Wright, Norman Smiley, Disco, and Kanyon even as a kid. Alex Wright was way better than I thought, though. Dude was pretty legit.

I liked Kanyon as a kid as well, I liked his "Innovator of Offense" gimmick and it worked at the time, he was consistently doing good shit I never saw in WCW before. Nothing too insane, but it was fun as fuck to see shit happen. Norman Smiley I also loved, watching old footage of him is great too. He's really amazing.

Alex Wright truly is Das Wunderkind and had such a bright future. Amazing talent.

So Bourne rumor turned out to be true. Yoshi was getting pretty damn flabby.

Yoshi2Fat

"What is Brody Adobe doing in the Impact Zone?"

That fucking name.

Alex Wright truly is Das Wunderkind and had such a bright future. Amazing talent.

The only things Alex Wright was good for:
Dancing badly
Moonsaulting into the ring
Being hounded by girls after winning
Wearing a leather jacket with no shirt on

If I'm Evan, I take all that money and get me some of that synthetic pot I love so much.

Now he can just use regular pot!

Vylash

Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

anyone but teddy! where are we gonna get our tag matches from?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
anyone but teddie! where are we gonna get our tag matches from?

oh damn 2 new ones. Holla holla. Wonder what else is up there?

Camacho can finally play up his heritage and join Tama Tonga.

Teddie Long and Camacho too? I thought Teddie was a 4lifer with the company. Camacho wasn't bad, but it sucks they stuck him with that Mexican gangster gimmick.

Top Bottom