• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Someone should jokingly make a post in OT - "WWE just let go 10 wrestlers!" people will be like "omg what if one of them was Dolph ziggler/!"

and then they see it was 2 out of 3 MB, Camacho, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone should jokingly make a post in OT - "WWE just let go 10 wrestlers!" people will be like "omg what if one of them was Dolph ziggler/!"

and then they see it was 2 out of 3 MB, Camacho, etc.

"Furious at losing 750 million, Vince McMahon goes on a firing spree"

G-Fex

"Furious at losing 750 million, Vince McMahon goes on a firing spree"

you monster
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Kaladin

Drew McIntyre had a shot, like a real shot when they started giving him his singles push. Then they botched his push a few times, they put him in that god awful angle with Teddy Long on Smackdown and when they finally decided that he wasn't worth it anymore he went to Jobber Town....just down the street from Mid Card Cafe and across the railroad tracks on the far side of town in WWE City. He never got out of the gutter.....even when he was put in 3MB he was kind of just there. I'd like to have seen him get another chance but he must have shit in the wrong person's bag at a house show one time or something.

Ithil

Meltzer's summary of what went wrong with Drew is correct, he got the Chris Masters push where he was big and had a good look, so they wanted him as a new star and immediately gave him a big push. It didn't take because he wasn't ready and wasn't great, and then they soured on him as a result and never got behind him again. But in the meantime, like Masters he developed into a very good performer, but no one upstairs was watching him anymore.

Had they just waited and taken their time, he would have become a star. If the Drew of today was transplanted to 2009, it would have gone much better.

somedevil

Meltzer's summary of what went wrong with Drew is correct, he got the Chris Masters push where he was big and had a good look, so they wanted him as a new star and immediately gave him a big push. It didn't take because he wasn't ready and wasn't great, and then they soured on him as a result and never got behind him again. But in the meantime, like Masters he developed into a very good performer, but no one upstairs was watching him anymore.

Had they just waited and taken their time, he would have become a star. If the Drew of today was transplanted to 2009, it would have gone much better.

Very true plus the whole summerslam 2010 incident ended any chance of another push. So by 2011 he was really just a jobber for 3 years.

Who shall book random tag matches now? Poor Teddy Long. He's been part of the scenery for so long.

And just when I had warmed up to 3MB.

We're all going to forget that time Brodus knocked out Adrian Neville's teeth aren't we? And we'll pretend that next time when he's on the main roster is the first time. And we'll have to pretend again that it wasn't obvious that Neville had already knocked out his front teeth wrestling long before Brodus Clay apparently did it.

I mean, it's not like he's the only guy wrestling with a mouth guard in the WWE or anything.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How they handled Drew is just a travesty. He sucked at the beginning, did what he should have done and got better, but the WWE just doesn't care.

I always thought legit shook came from Wrasslegaf. Someone in OT said it came from 4chan. I guess you can say I'm legit shook upon hearing that

strobogo

Banned
Starrcade 1994 is so bad that it made me take a bike ride even though my legs were dead from two days of bike rides and kettle bells on top of it yesterday. Longest match of the night: a Nasty Boys match.

Are the Nasty Boys the most worthless pair of wrestlers to have such a lengthy career? Seems that way, can't think of a single match of theirs I ever enjoyed.

We could be PS4/PC buddies, but I'm thick as shit too, only not random.

You can't be as bad as the people I was just in a game with. The type who ignore objectives and just play the game like it's TDM. Ugh. Add me up if you like, my username's the same as here.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dammit JTG you blew it. All you had to do was ignore the phone for a couple hours and everybody in the company would have forgotten you were still cashing those paychecks.

Top Bottom