• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Jinder Mahal @JinderMahal · 4h
Thanks to @WWE for the amazing opportunity. Got a chance to see the world and do many amazing things. Excited to see what the future brings.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 307 times307 FavoriteFavorited 319 times319
More

I dunno if this is still the case, but at Mania he was still treated as a top star in the merch stands.
At live shows they don't have much selection and most stands 5-8 different shirts to choose from. Punk was right up there next to Cena, Taker, Bryan, Warrior, and Hogan at every single stand. I'd imagine if this is still the case it's the only reason why the incessant CM Punk chants haven't died yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's just because Vince isn't actively ruining them.

Very likely! I kinda want to see if the main commentators ever went rogue during Smackdown and started caring.

EDIT: The WWE has a vested interest in selling as much CM Punk Merch as possible for the next month or so. They get 100% of the profits.

Hasney

I mis-read a story on Punks merch. In April, it said WAS the #2 seller. The actual story on the Observer was that he was still top 5 then though and possibly #3 at that point.

I might pick up another Punk shirt when they all go full clearance on the euroshop.

somedevil

Regarding Tatsu, there had been a feeling for some time that he had really regressed in the ring.

It's said that Brodus Clay fell out of favor with WWE creative.

Long's contract expired and it was well known within WWE that he would be leaving soon.

Out of all 11 releases, the releases of Camacho and Hawkins came as the bigger surprises to people within WWE. Camacho was very popular within NXT circles and Hawkins had several more years left on his current deal.

Hawkins had 7 years left how?

I dunno if this is still the case, but at Mania he was still treated as a top star in the merch stands.
At live shows they don't have much selection and most stands 5-8 different shirts to choose from. Punk was right up there next to Cena, Taker, Bryan, Warrior, and Hogan at every single stand. I'd imagine if this is still the case it's the only reason why the incessant CM Punk chants haven't died yet.

I went to Raw a few weeks ago and all he had was one of those little dolls at the merch stand. No one bought one.

Very likely! I kinda want to see if the main commentators ever went rogue during Smackdown and started caring.

EDIT: The WWE has a vested interest in selling as much CM Punk Merch as possible for the next month or so. They get 100% of the profits.

Big Dave said WWE was still sending punk merch checks

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brodus and Jinder both look like they could be in Bullet Club. It's highly likely with the way Jado and Gedo are getting hardons over gaijins.

DMczaf

That's...actually quite telling in a way.

WWE is normally vindictive as hell on these sort of things and its a normal rider in their contracts.

I thought it was something about how the only way they can get their share of Punk's merch is if they pay out Punk's share? I don't know how these things work.

Ithil

Brodus and Jinder both look like they could be in Bullet Club. It's highly likely with the way Jado and Gedo are getting hardons over gaijins.

They already have a big guy in Fale, and Brodus is even worse a wrestler. Drew would be great in Bullet Club because he'd tower over everyone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I disagree about Brodus being worse than Fale. Fale is awful, Brodus could be carried just as much as Fale was. And Brodus is bigger.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Camacho is the only real surprise, I love that dude and he's great as the entry into the upper circles of NXT jobber. He was the gatekeeper.

Top Bottom