• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yo guys. Former pro wrestler here. Got told to reveal this in after posting in the 'wwe fired people' thread in OT.

Brief rundown
Wrestled for 4 years for Anglian championship wrestling in the uk, became a trainer. Left before thy merged to become Total Action Wrestling.

Met Alex Shane and became friends, created a syllabus for the first wrestling 'qualification' which is now being taught in Manchester and the north and helped create the BWC 'Britih Wrestling Council'.

Left after a back injury that left me noble to walk for two weeks, I will answer any question apart from my wrestling persona because people I know, know who I was.

Look forward to joining.
Independent wrestler, huh? Let me ask you something, and it will reflect highly how I think of you from now on.... How necessary do you think a springboard is to a cutter?

Can someone curate a WWE Network playlist of JTG's greatest hits so that I can actually muster up the motivation to fire up the service for the first time in weeks?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What in the everloving fuck piss was that match, what a goddamn mess.

Vylash

Yo guys. Former pro wrestler here. Got told to reveal this after posting in the 'wwe fired people' thread in OT.

Brief rundown
Wrestled for 4 years for Anglian championship wrestling in the uk, became a trainer. Left before they merged to become Total Action Wrestling.

Met Alex Shane and became friends, created a syllabus for the first wrestling 'qualification' which is now being taught in Manchester and the north and helped create the BWC 'British Wrestling Council'.

Left after a back injury that left me unable to walk for two weeks, I will answer any question apart from my wrestling persona because people I know, know who I was.

Look forward to joining.

How many super kicks did you do during your career, if the answer is anything less than 35 per match then please leave

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo guys. Former pro wrestler here. Got told to reveal this after posting in the 'wwe fired people' thread in OT.

Brief rundown
Wrestled for 4 years for Anglian championship wrestling in the uk, became a trainer. Left before they merged to become Total Action Wrestling.

Met Alex Shane and became friends, created a syllabus for the first wrestling 'qualification' which is now being taught in Manchester and the north and helped create the BWC 'British Wrestling Council'.

Left after a back injury that left me unable to walk for two weeks, I will answer any question apart from my wrestling persona because people I know, know who I was.

Look forward to joining.

Brother, GIVE US A FAVE FIVE! ALL TIME! We gotta know!

Brief rundown

Look forward to joining.

Hey man, welcome. I'm pretty new to the UK wrestling scene, but have heard of BWC. And FWA from back in the day, of course. Who'd you say is the biggest name you wrestled other than Drew? Also, do you keep up with the UK scene at present and, if so, who're your favourites?

Didn't get into Alpha, didn't want to get into Alpha. Gonna play Halo instead. Pfft.

Also, I wonder if Disagree Guy will be on the old FWA IWW tapes I have from The Wrestling Channel back in the day!

Brief rundown

Look forward to joining.
Some legitimacy brought to WrassleGaf. You will be the Ric Flair to our TNA

Dunno if anyone has posted these yet...

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/w...014/06/10/wwe-2k15-new-gen-first-details.aspx

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/12/5802590/wwe-2k15-preview-e3-2014

A bit from the Polygon story.
But it was still a game that showed a lot of age and a lack of polish in its core gameplay and visuals, and commentary. This is where Visual Concepts comes in. In its first full year managing the game — and the series' debut on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One — Yuke's still is a full partner in development, but Little vows that WWE 2K15 will show the polish and attention to detail that have made the NBA 2K series so highly regarded.

That's where the wrestling ring comes in. Little says WWE 2K15 will feature at least five times the animations of any previous WWE title and while that's something developers across all sports titles like to tout, its benefit should be recognizable in this one. WWE 2K has suffered from a lot of popping in and out of animations, some rather brutal transitory movements, and very long animations that instead of being interruptible by the player, appear to be sped up.

It should be noted here I did not see any gameplay in what was basically a table-setting discussion at E3 2014 with Little. These are his assurances, not my impressions. Still, 2K's basketball title is well known for having animations upon animations that make its brand of basketball fluid and balletic, and give players a greater sense of control over the players. That's what WWE 2K15 is going for.

Supporting that will be full head and body scans for basically every wrestler, and I was shown comparisons of John Cena in WWE 2K14 and what he looks like after the scan. Straight away I noticed Cena now has creased lower eyelids, which does a lot for how you judge the realism of his look. I was shown some new facial expressions, also taken with the head scan — so this was Cena himself making the faces. The lighting systems used on the NBA 2K series also will help out, removing the plastic sheen bare skin had in the past. Little said the new lighting and rendering systems will be a part of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well as the next-generation version.

Well, at the very least the game will maybe finally look it belongs on last gen consoles. There's more at the links

Here's to you, JTG:

irDkfkQ2cYucg.gif

There is a Brazilian Budweiser commercial in English that has Anderson Silva, Axl, and a rap version of Paradise City. It's all bizarre and pretty terrible.

As Axl gets older and fatter he starts looking like my brother... It's disturbing.

How many super kicks did you do during your career, if the answer is anything less than 35 per match then please leave

Lol super kick was my move, like every skinny indie wrestler and 'vince McMahon' fave 5 would be:

HBK (ofc)
Raven
Bret Hart
Jake the snake 'da psychology'
Mistico

I love innovators

strobogo

Banned
What in the everloving fuck piss was that match, what a goddamn mess.

Isn't it amazing? Santa, Bronson falling over and then shooting directly at Kevin's taint, the fan grabbing Sullivan's hand while rearing back to hit T, T being almost dead from how gassed he was, and then Santa getting the shit kicked out of him after the match.

Hey man, welcome. I'm pretty new to the UK wrestling scene, but have heard of BWC. And FWA from back in the day, of course. Who'd you say is the biggest name you wrestled other than Drew? Also, do you keep up with the UK scene at present and, if so, who're your favourites?

I've wrestled Steve Corino, Raven, Bull Harley, Liam Hamlet, Cy Gregory, El Ligero, Martin Kirby, Xavier etc...

spud was my fave British wrestle to face but by gawd I haven't been involved for like 4 years now. Wrestled twice in m hometown and second time was my last ever. Gave it up completely after that.

Disagree Dude, how much do you hate taking flat ass bumps and how long did it take for you to be able to do one?

I'd rather take one of them than a chop. They hurt legit. I didn't used to like Bumping pile drivers for obvious reasons.

It was a muscle buster that got me in the end.

Alucard

Banned
Welcome to Wrassle-GAF, Disagree Guy. We're all friends here. Even when we disagree.

Really debating whether or not to watch Impact tonight. Leaning towards "no" and just watching my Bryan Danielson: The Final Countdown DVD set.

Welcome to Wrassle-GAF, Disagree Guy. We're all friends here. Even when we disagree.

Really debating whether or not to watch Impact tonight. Leaning towards "no" and just watching my Bryan Danielson: The Final Countdown DVD set.

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to talk about it actually. My friends are sick of it now lol. I don't really get interested by modern wrasslin' but will post more often here now,

Good night peeps

They're not going to re-use the same old shit for a 7th year?

They've apparently recorded about 35 hours of new commentary.

From the Polygon link from my post above.
Finally, Visual Concepts is going to bring its best-in-class commentary to bear on WWE. No other sports studio does presentation like Visual Concepts, so when they say they're improving the presentation, it rates plenty of trust that they are. Announcers Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler have now spent about 35 hours in the booth recording new lines — most of them together. I heard an introductory clip in which they bantered about The Undertaker and it sounded a lot more natural. Lawler, recorded separately, had a tendency to overact as himself and here he is what he's supposed to be on the show — the analyst, chiming in with his take on whatever Cole has just described.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly think of all the jobbers WWE has, of which there are a lot, they were the most entertaining.

They also beat Sheamus.

Top Bottom