• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DR14hBY.jpg

All six of these women....wooooooo

So much more personality and attraction condensed in 20 minutes in comparison to 45 minutes of talking noise every Sunday. I still like Total Divas but fuck man, NXT Divas > the rest.

I haven't actually watched wrestling since I was really, really little during the Attitude Era, but hearing Dan Ryckert and other game journalists I like talk about it made me curious again, so I'm watching Impact, and, uh....

Will WWE or any other promotion provide a better returning impression?

Man, Impact is hard to watch. Their production is terrible. Something happens and then REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY and then something else happens and REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY.

BREATHE

I watched that Willow match last week and it felt like it went *SPOT* REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY for like 5 minutes and then DING DING DING TO THE BACK. The show doesn't BREATHE.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Misawa/Kawada. PLEASE tell me Kawada didn't need neck surgery after that finisher. Holy shit. Literally fell on his head after the double underhook powerbomb...Misawa couldn't get him up high enough.

Loved Misawa's "FUCK YOU" forearm strikes around the 40-minute mark after taking some hard kicks in the corner. Great stuff. Thanks for posting it, Bootaaay.

I haven't actually watched wrestling since I was really, really little during the Attitude Era, but hearing Dan Ryckert and other game journalists I like talk about it made me curious again, so I'm watching Impact, and, uh....

WWE's Wrestlemania week this year was probably their best week of programming ever. Everything they've done since has almost been as bad as TNA, though.

WWE is... uhhh.. better but it's been on a big slide since Mania.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just finished Misawa/Kawada. PLEASE tell me Kawada didn't need neck surgery after that finisher. Holy shit. Literally fell on his head after the double underhook powerbomb...Misawa couldn't get him up high enough.

Loved Misawa's "FUCK YOU" forearm strikes around the 40-minute mark after taking some hard kicks in the corner. Great stuff. Thanks for posting it, Bootaaay.

That was one of Misawa's "No, seriously, the match is over" moves after that match.

I'm sure it had nothing at all to do Kawada's power bomb on Misawa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zSN3K6dxsQ

I am in the same boat. Hadn't watched since 99 until this year, watched the Royal Rumble and got suckered into getting WWE Network mostly out of nostalgia. I'm not a crazy person so I've avoided TNA, but WWE is almost watchable. It's still run by Vince McMahon so you're constantly being surprised by how bad his decisions can be, but there's a lot of talent and Triple H has somehow become the best heel in the business and also the best booker left alive. NXT is a great show with a ton of talented wrestlers allowed to work their matches. They also managed to start a feud involving no fewer than 7 women that's put on solid to great matches and makes more logical sense than any of the WWE storylines going.

Alucard

Banned

STOP watching Impact this instant. It's the WORST professional wrestling on television today. The stretch it's in right now is legitimately bad. I'm a fan of Impact Wrestling, but I refuse to watch it this week. The past two weeks have been borderline unwatchable.

If you want to see what wrestling looks like today, watch this, which just happened this past Sunday. Get past the Japanese commentary and just focus on the incredible action. Fast forward to around the 4:30 mark if you just want the match to start.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...juniors-2014-finals-ricochet-vs-kushida_sport

Ricochet vs. KUSHIDA...MOTY 2014.

Kaladin

I might give Impact a shot again when those NYC episodes air.....otherwise, I have no interest, even with The Wolves and Austin Aries there.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh man, that's messed up.

It's certainly not not messed up. The Tiger Driver variation Misawa did in the match you watched goes by Tiger Driver '91, by the way. There's a compilation that will probably take away your appetite for a good while on Youtube. If Misawa ever faced Cena, he would have probably needed to use that after the first 9 false finishes.

Alucard

Banned
Alucard has finally seen the light

Damn, TNA has broken Alucard. It broke me too man.

I'll tune in for the New York shows, and Bound for Glory has the potential to provide some quality matches, so I may tune in for that to see if anything's improved.

Really though, TNA was very entertaining and easily the better product for me for most of the first part of 2014 when put up against the WWE. I'm not even saying that in a joking manner. It was interesting. But since the MVP heel turn, things have gone to shit. These last batch of tapings...man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BFG the last few years showed how incompetent TNA really was.

You'd think you'd be able to get your brackets even on a tournament taped largely in advance, but nooo....

Alucard

Banned
I might give Impact a shot again when those NYC episodes air.....otherwise, I have no interest, even with The Wolves and Austin Aries there.

Isn't it sad that not even Aries and The Wolves will get you to watch? The reason for that is really simple...they don't make them feel important, their matches are neutered, and Impact itself just moves TOO fucking fast and has TOO MANY segments for anything to mean anything once you get to the end of the episode. It's just BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM STUFF STUFF STUFF BOOM. I get the name is IMPACT...but why not have that name represent the quality of the in-ring work instead of the fucking taping/editing style? Ugh.

Kaladin

Isn't it sad that not even Aries and The Wolves will get you to watch? The reason for that is really simple...they don't make them feel important, their matches are neutered, and Impact itself just moves TOO fucking fast and has TOO MANY segments for anything to mean anything once you get to the end of the episode. It's just BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM STUFF STUFF STUFF BOOM. I get the name is IMPACT...but why not have that name represent the quality of the in-ring work instead of the fucking taping/editing style? Ugh.

It used to, but then they had to cut down their roster and it's hard to create quality in-ring matches when you don't have many people to do it with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It used to, but then they had to cut down their roster and it's hard to create quality in-ring matches when you don't have many people to do it with.

Disagree, most other small roster promotions (including quite a few of the Japanese ones people love so much) do pretty well for themselves by giving plenty of time for matches.

Meanwhile your average Impact match is 3-5 minutes and solves nothing.

Alucard

Banned
Scrolling through twitter and this just popped up:
Bp-Tyn4CMAA_U61.jpg

Interest levels...at zero. Fuck this company right now.

It's not the talent's fault, and that's the worst part about it all. Sigh. Fuck it, I need to log off and go for a drive or a walk or something.

Alucard

Banned

I'm with Man God on this one. I figure that if you have a smaller roster you have more time on your show to show long-form matches. I can't even remember the last time we got a 20-minute bout on the show. Instead of streamlining and simplifying, TNA has been overloading and complicating. I don't see why they can't just do a "Story A" and "Story B" for each episode of the show.

oooof. Trying to get back into it with Impact was a bad idea, for starters. WWE is pretty damn bad right now, but it's not as bad as Impact

WWE NXT is good though

Alucard

Banned
So, this looks kinda cool.
Bp5qC1XCUAA4bbj.jpg

Is there a youtube channel or site that allows you to watch full lucha shows for free? Don't know much about the promotions in Mexico outside of knowing the names AAA and CMLL. (?)

Just saw that JTG was released. The Power of June is dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD.

getting rid of Drew is a mistake and getting rid of Jinder is huge mistake. Dude had plenty of upside and is way better than fucking Khali

Two of the greatest factions of our time The Shield and 3MB died this month. The Wyatts are not dead but have been buried alive and are clawing to get back out

Razorskin

----- ------
Also, I'm not watching Impact tonight. Going to watch this Kawada/Misawa match posted by Bootaaay instead.

Love the intro. Big fight feel in the house. Really good camera work and a serious vibe with the cameras staying on the guys just standing as they wait for their ring entrances. There should be a promotion out there doing this today...bring in the MMA/boxing/real fight feel element.

You need a Pens cup run asap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another good Kidd/Neville match. Bo running was definitely the best. Amazing.

Top Bottom