• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

According to the new NXT tapings Sami Zayn is now using the Koji Clutch as a finisher.

Don't you mean the Anaconda Vice?
michael-cole-picture-4.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
See. world cup kept me awake at the wrong time and now I missed NXT. At least Brazil won and people are happy instead of burning down my house.

Also, yo, we got a real 'rassler in here now? That's cool. Between him and Aisha Tyler, NeoGAF is becoming such a hip spot. We are all cool now!

Any good finishers added back to the pool with the release of all those jobbers?
well, they were all jobbers, so some are already used anyway. But since Bo is back to using the bulldog, the double underhook DDT is available. If they have anymore fat guys, they can give them a top rope splash. That's about it, but now other people can use great finishers like the elevated DDT, Samoan Drop, and a kick to the head

gurudyne

NXT man. A very solid episode this week. The Mr NXT fallout was hilarious, meltdown Bo doesn't get old like you'd think it would.

HELP HELP I'M BEING KIDNAPPED WAIT SHE'S A BOLIEVER SHE'LL HELP ME

I don't think I've legitimately laughed out loud to wrestling since Hell No. NXT is so good.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+

The streak of B's -- Killer B's, if you will -- is OVER. Sting/Vader was cool, of course, but this event just had too much of the same thing. I'm really not a fan of multiple-round tournaments within one event.

Also, am I the only one who thinks practically every wrestler (in this case, Dr. Death and Gordy) would look better and less ridiculous with his tights pulled down below his belly button? MVC is such an impressive tag team, but I can't help it: I find their attire distracting and hideous.

And another thing (I'm really going to town here)! Ole Anderson is the worst referee ever.

strobogo

Banned
Whoa, what's that from?

I think one of the comics.

The streak of B's -- Killer B's, if you will -- is OVER. Sting/Vader was cool, of course, but this event just had too much of the same thing. I'm really not a fan of multiple-round tournaments within one event.

Also, am I the only one who thinks practically every wrestler (in this case, Dr. Death and Gordy) would look better and less ridiculous with his tights pulled down below his belly button? MVC is such an impressive tag team, but I can't help it: I find their attire distracting and hideous.

And another thing (I'm really going to town here)! Ole Anderson is the worst referee ever.

Ole is a piece of shit. I have no idea why Watts had such a hard on for him.

strobogo

Banned
Are there reasons unrelated to refereeing that I should know about?

He's a real miserable and bitter cunt, but I was talking mostly about him as a referee. He was terrible at it, but Watts had such a hard on for him, probably because he was old school and "legit".

This was before he got MS and had a reason to be a miserable, bitter cunt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Emoticon maybe?
tumblr_n6km15VOXa1soba38o1_500.png

Also, how is it Bray is fat, wears a fedora and hawaiian shirt when he's in character, has a nasty beard, stringy thin hair, and a jolly santa claus face yet
eaXcyP6.jpg

looks like he'd beat the shit out of Bryan out of the ring who just always looks ten times filthier than Bray.

Alucard

Banned
Is Ring of Honor any good at the moment? I get it on TV where I live.

I'd say it's the best promotion going in North America right now. They are actually returning to PPV this month with their Best in the World show happening next Sunday, June 22nd. Give the show a watch. It's only a one hour commitment per week.

Zach

He's a real miserable and bitter cunt, but I was talking mostly about him as a referee. He was terrible at it, but Watts had such a hard on for him, probably because he was old school and "legit".

This was before he got MS and had a reason to be a miserable, bitter cunt.

How very depressing.

Emoticon maybe?

Also, how is it Bray is fat, wears a fedora and hawaiian shirt when he's in character, has a nasty beard, stringy thin hair, and a jolly santa claus face yet
looks like he'd beat the shit out of Bryan out of the ring who just always looks ten times filthier than Bray.

because wrestling is fake

Sunflower, Strobogo, FallingEdge, and other WrassleGaf fatties:

How would you rate Taco Bell's Quesarito? I'm pretty darn hungry right now and would like your input.

JavyOO7

Hmm. Watched plenty of Misawa matches before he passed away. He wasn't my favorite, Kobashi was. But I realized after watching so much puro at that time that many of those matches involved Misawa in them. Fantastic wrestler through and through and miss him tons and am very sad he's not in this planet right now.

But if I may say, I cringe a bit at those head dropping spots now. Honestly I don't know if its done these days as much as the golden days of AJPW with the very talented four wrestlers of the time, but... those head drop spots are bullshit of the highest order. These men, and present and future men and women who wrestle shouldn't have to rely on those head drop spots to get a crowd on its feet. I think you don't have to be so violent as you work matches where you feel as if the crowd isn't into it so you want to slam your partner in the ring on his head to illicit a reaction. I'm not too sure if that's happening now, but if it is, man that sucks. Japanese wrestling usually gets more time than your standard WWE match, so I assume a story can be told in the ring in an adequate time. I want these guys to live a nice life after wrestling, you know? ):

Like I think about Kobashi for instance. Poor guy I'm pretty sure was in the rough end of many bumps and probably dished out rough bumps to his opponents in the ring. Does his moon sault press quite often, causing damage to his knees... but thankfully had a nice ground finisher in burning hammer where he wouldn't destroy his knees. He heads to NOAH. Has great matches. Crowd digs him so much. Probably has the best theme song ever, if not its pretty close up there in Blazin' and Grand old Sword. Has cancer. Comes back. Still keeps getting hurt. Finally retires. Before retirement marries his sweetheart. But now I just wonder how he's doing and hopefully he's doing not so bad but then I think about his knees. Ah...

Zach

How would you rate Taco Bell's Quesarito? I'm pretty darn hungry right now and would like your input.

I actually had two different kinds of that thing in a moment of weakness driving back from vacation. They were decent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For a hot WCW crowd in a match with Hulk Hogan and Macho Man, this crowd seems pretty dead for Macho Man vs Hogan. I think they were both heels though. Which was extra weird.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For a hot WCW crowd in a match with Hulk Hogan and Macho Man, this crowd seems pretty dead for Macho Man vs Hogan. I think they were both heels though. Which was extra weird.

JCP and WCW after it had problems with Heel on Heel and Face on Face feuds too damn often. They can be refreshing from time to time but it happens all the damn time in this promotion.

strobogo

Banned
JCP and WCW after it had problems with Heel on Heel and Face on Face feuds too damn often. They can be refreshing from time to time but it happens all the damn time in this promotion.

I wish WWE did more heel vs heel stuff. Heels that try to out heel each other, not one that suddenly plays mostly face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

9/10

Very very good, almost perfect.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
9/10

Very very good, almost perfect.

I don't rate wrasslin but I do rate Taco Bell. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. I'd like to see a spicer version, maybe a slightly upscale version with some veggies in it but other than that...really good. You can see why it was bumped up to a permanent place on the main roster.

If Doritos Locos Tacos were The Shield of Taco Bell's development lab then Quesaritos are The Wyatt Family.

Playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

Remember Mortal Kombat Trilogy? I wish AKI had an all-in-one collection like that.

It's nice to see Johnny Ace was immortalized in an AKI game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm on Slamboree 1996, the one with the Lethal Lottery for "The Lord of the Ring"

what an amazing idea for a ppv....what a horrible result for a ppv.

strobogo

Banned
Playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

Remember Mortal Kombat Trilogy? I wish AKI had an all-in-one collection like that.

I wish they had re-released Revenge with the tweaks made with VPW2. I haven't kept up on the texture mod community for No Mercy. I remember someone was working on a big VPW2 project, but it seemed to stall out years ago.

Top Bottom