• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

DMczaf

10431962_1426163654323607_146506556_n.jpg

cesaro is going to be one of those wrestlers that vince always books to win and all the smarks will hate him but at least he can wrestle/perform in the ring so things will be okay

Alucard

Banned
So, Bryan and Cesaro had a no DQ match in Ring of Honor that had Bryan getting busted open after Cesaro (Claudio) throws a chair at Bryan in mid-flight of a suicide dive. Intense stuff.

Joeki11a

Banned
Emoticon maybe?
tumblr_n6km15VOXa1soba38o1_500.png

Also, how is it Bray is fat, wears a fedora and hawaiian shirt when he's in character, has a nasty beard, stringy thin hair, and a jolly santa claus face yet
eaXcyP6.jpg

looks like he'd beat the shit out of Bryan out of the ring who just always looks ten times filthier than Bray.

Have you seen Brody Lee off character(Luke)
He is awesome and funnyas hell, Luke Harper is freakig creepy as hell.

strobogo

Banned
I can't decide which kind of smark makes me lol more:

The ones that bitch for their favorite to get pushed and then bitch when their favorite always wins. And it is always OUTTA NOWHERE even when preceded by 4 or 5 moves.

Or

The kind that post shit on the Memphis/Ric Flair videos on Youtube like

Andy Kaufman was just kidding around. That was the joke he took to his grave. He had the last laugh because in the end, in the pages of history, he is the genius, the horrified audience were the fools. 

This was so damn good, the Horsemen were over BIG TIME! Bitchoff had to keep pushing the NWO. In no time the Horsemen were dead! I believe that's why WCW Went out of business they pissed a lot of NWA Wrestling fans off. Old school wrestling fans, the ones that grew up watching wrestling on TBS. The one that thought the WWF was too car toonish. I wanted to be Flair not Hogan! WOOOO

You're right, Bischoff has ruined WCW and TNA for that matter here, if Flair had given the higher ups at WCW two months notice that he needed the night off to watch his kid back then in a wrestling tournament then there should of been absolutely no problem with giving Nature Boy Ric Flair the night off to watch his son wrestle BUT Bischoff and his ego made the situation worse than what it should of been because all Bischoff is an absolute ass to me. Furthermore, I think Bischoff and his nWo idiots would of gotten an ass kicking too as a matter of fact if Bischoff hadn't fired Flair also. Hell, Flair should sue Bischoff for illegal termination of contract. That being said if Chris Benoit hadn't taken his own life and murdered his son and wife, Nancy, I think the 4 Horsemen would of been alive and well in the WWE probably too

Wrestling is often 90% boring, childish crap (well WWE is) but its always worth watching for moments like this!

Godbless rick flair and all his friends doing hard work in the ring and godbless Chris Benoit rest in peace

Todd, the sad part about this clip is that it came about because of a real life conflict between Eric and Ric. You know, Wrestling isn't all 100% fake. there are real situations that sometimes do play a part in the world of professional wrestling. Had WCW not been sold, the Four Horsemen would have torn Bischoff to shreds. Bischoff had no business allowing Hogan back in WCW. Bischoff has ruined TNA

Rip Chris we miss you man!

Sblargh

Banned
Not wanting to rib on TNA, but it seems like a bad career move go there. Go to the indies, try to go to Japan, the people they let go are mostly young people, with years of careers ahead of them. I wouldn't put behing some of them going back to WWE with new gimmicks / names after some years.

TNA is just too close to bankrupting, the smark crowd is angry as fuck at the quality of the product, the casual fans barely know it exist. And it doesn't even sound like there's money going in and even if a financially sound contract is made, being hired by a company this close to shutting down is asking for headaches. Right this minute, they are "the guys that dumb WWE fired because WWE sucks"; they can leverage that to begin rebuilding their careers. They go back to mainstream TV only to be a fool again, and they might lose that.

I can't decide which kind of smark makes me lol more:

The ones that bitch for their favorite to get pushed and then bitch when their favorite always wins. And it is always OUTTA NOWHERE even when preceded by 4 or 5 moves.

Or

The kind that post shit on the Memphis/Ric Flair videos on Youtube like

I think you're just understanding what I've known forever: Internet wrestling fans are never happy.

"Push this guy!"

"NOW YOU'RE PUSHING HIM TOO HARD STOP SHOVING HIM DOWN OUR THROATS UGGHHHHH BRING BACK RAPPER CENA CENAWINSLOL SUPERBRYAN"

or

"Push this guy!"

"Okay! NOW PUSH THIS GUY INSTEAD I LIKE THIS GUY MORE NOW!"

It's all just fucking noise to me at this point.

Alucard

Banned
Look at this.
danielson-claudio.jpg

Yikes. And the ending has Bryan choking Claudio in a triangle with a belt tied around his neck. Claudio passes out as the ref lifts his hand up three times. Brutal.

strobogo

Banned
The only guy that was really of any loss was Drew. Everyone else had reached their peak years ago and weren't even being used for the most part. Guys like JTG, Yoshi, and Hawkins hadn't been on TV in months (I think over a year for JTG). Evan Bourne has been hurt/suspended for over 2 years. Brodus was dead in the water from day one and would have been let go a long time ago if he wasn't as big as he is. Camacho is a more interesting case since he looked like he had been improving on NXT, but he's also been around for 2 years and hadn't improved at all up until very recently.

If they get the offer, they might as well go to TNA for a few months and pick up some checks. Drew had the most potential out of anyone released and I expect the most out of him on the indies/Japan.

I think you're just understanding what I've known forever: Internet wrestling fans are never happy.

Yeah, pretty much. Look at the latest case: Nobody cared (using this relatively) about Punk until he walked. The last image of him on WWE TV is him through a table with the crowd chanting "Daniel Bryan". He leaves though and now all of the sudden he was mistreated. He deserved to main event Mania (although I agree with that re: 29, to a certain extent). The streak ends and people cry that it should have been Punk. Etc. They say they want him back but they really don't because there goes their cause that allows them to remain unhappy.

Alucard

Banned

"Push this guy!"

"NOW YOU'RE PUSHING HIM TOO HARD STOP SHOVING HIM DOWN OUR THROATS UGGHHHHH BRING BACK RAPPER CENA CENAWINSLOL SUPERBRYAN"

or

"Push this guy!"

"Okay! NOW PUSH THIS GUY INSTEAD I LIKE THIS GUY MORE NOW!"

It's all just fucking noise to me at this point.

Hey man, I'm perfectly happy. :) When something is shit, I tune out. Plenty of good stuff in the history books to go back to.

Still love Bryan and really want him to come back and be awesome.

I'd also like to see Punk back IF he wanted it and could still perform...which I doubt given his last few matches before taking off, and he's already referred to himself as a retired wrestler.

Dean Ambrose is awesome and he's getting pushed. (IMO)

I will say that I think Bray Wyatt has pretty much been shattered at this point, though. I don't feel Cena elevated him all that much.

Hey man, I'm perfectly happy. :) When something is shit, I tune out. Plenty of good stuff in the history books to go back to.

Still love Bryan and really want him to come back and be awesome.

I'd also like to see Punk back IF he wanted it and could still perform...which I doubt given his last few matches before taking off, and he's already referred to himself as a retired wrestler.

Dean Ambrose is awesome and he's getting pushed. (IMO)

I will say that I think Bray Wyatt has pretty much been shattered at this point, though. I don't feel Cena elevated him all that much.

Hey I'm trying to find things to like too with Bryan out. This past few weeks has made it increasingly clear that it was him and Punk keeping my interest in the show and nobody else is really cutting it for me. Cesaro's a good wrestler, but I've never connected with him on any level, Cena is Cena, Orton is Orton, Sheamus wrestles good matches but I can't find the power to care, the Shield stuff has felt so disjointed that I don't care and I've never cared for Bray as a character or wrestler.

But, I am optimistic I will eventually find something to like. For now though, my interest is hanging by a thread.

PInk Tape

Banned
Ugh. Those comments.

Look at this.
danielson-claudio.jpg

Yikes. And the ending has Bryan choking Claudio in a triangle with a belt tied around his neck. Claudio passes out as the ref lifts his hand up three times. Brutal.

Yikes is right. Man that's some intense wrestling right there.

Sblargh

Banned
My feelings torwards The Shield:

"Woohoo! I love the Shield!"
"OMG Rollins! You bastard! Wow! Great heel turn! I can't wait to see where this goes"
"I think I don't really care where this goes"
-
I liked the Rollins / Ziggler match on Main Event (but I remember people here not being into it, so, whatevs, maybe I have bad taste) and I think that was I expect most are great singles match from him and Ambrose. But in terms of storyline, I don't feel there's anything left.

They loved each other, now they hate each other. The end.
-
Also c'mon, is there anyone who thinks Cena is elevating Bray? He was over already, people were hooked on his mic skills, Bryan and The Shield made it so that people were interested to seeing him wrestle. Then Cena shows up and his matches aren't really good anymore, his mic skills are tiresome because instead of being subtle and creepy, he has to always keep himself alive and justify why he is a god and still lose all the time, then there was everything relating to extreme rules. I mean, he wasn't Top Main Event Guy, but he was growing, he was a threat, he was something to look up to every show. Now he's not.

My feelings torwards The Shield:

"Woohoo! I love the Shield!"
"OMG Rollins! You bastard! Wow! Great heel turn! I can't wait to see where this goes"
"I think I don't really care where this goes"
-
I liked the Rollins / Ziggler match on Main Event (but I remember people here not being into it, so, whatevs, maybe I have bad taste) and I think that was I expect most are great singles match from him and Ambrose. But in terms of storyline, I don't feel there's anything left.

They loved each other, now they hate each other. The end.

and then ambrose turns and then reigns beats rollins and ambrose and we all lived happily ever after oh boy

strobogo

Banned
PWI is a magazine that in 1994 had Hulk Hogan as wrestler of the year, Jimmy Hart as manager of the year, and the Nasty Boys as tag team of the year.

strobogo

Banned
Sadly probably right about Hogan in 1994, it was the biggest story there was and changed the business the most.

The big story of taking a year off wrestling, getting an automatic title shot having no matches in the company, killing Ric Flair, bringing in all of his buddies (including Mr. T) and main event Starrcade against Brutus Beefcake? Great story.

PInk Tape

Banned
Don't bury me too deep but I have that issue.. It was back at a time where I would collect pretty much any wrestling mag I could find.

If you're curious, here's the top ten:

10. CM Punk
9. Eddie Edwards
8. Rey Mysterio Jr.
7. Mr. Anderson... Anderson
6. Alberto Del Rio
5. Takashi Sugiura
4. Kane
3. John Sina
2. Randy Orton
1. The Miz

Edit: Random mentions: Dbry's 15, Cesaro's 44, Rollins's 53, Devitt's 73, and Ambrose's at 102.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The big story of taking a year off wrestling, getting an automatic title shot having no matches in the company, killing Ric Flair, bringing in all of his buddies (including Mr. T) and main event Starrcade against Brutus Beefcake? Great story.

Time gave Man/Person of the year to mass murderers/dictators/ruthless politicians and businessmen so there's no reason why wrasslin couldn't be the same. Controversy creates cash brother.

Sblargh

Banned
Jeeeezeys NXT was SO good. SO SO good.

It has the funnies. It had the soap opera. It had the ring action. One hour of Sports Entertainment done right.

So good.

Top Bottom