• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Hasney

Remember when he was Vince's 'chosen one'?

I wonder what their plans are for Slater now that 3MB is over.

Was mentioned earlier in the thread he might have some paternity leave as he just had a kid. So that, then OMB/JBL's Kid/FE'd.

Think one match is all it took to get bored of a world cup after that farce. That game couldn't be more rigged if the ref took a bump and Nick Patrick ran onto the pitch.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, the AJ Styles interview of Talk is Jericho is quite good. Lots of TNA dissing, and he says he heard "from the horse's mouth" during negotiations that the company had been "badly mismanaged," which was why they were asking him to take a pay cut.

But if I may say, I cringe a bit at those head dropping spots now. Honestly I don't know if its done these days as much as the golden days of AJPW with the very talented four wrestlers of the time, but... those head drop spots are bullshit of the highest order. These men, and present and future men and women who wrestle shouldn't have to rely on those head drop spots to get a crowd on its feet. I think you don't have to be so violent as you work matches where you feel as if the crowd isn't into it so you want to slam your partner in the ring on his head to illicit a reaction. I'm not too sure if that's happening now, but if it is, man that sucks. Japanese wrestling usually gets more time than your standard WWE match, so I assume a story can be told in the ring in an adequate time. I want these guys to live a nice life after wrestling, you know? ):

The head drops aren't at all as prevalent as they were in 90's All Japan - wrestlers have seen the toll that working that style had on Kobashi, Misawa, Taue, Kikuchi, etc, and it's something the majority have moved away from.

Alucard

Banned
Just read an Impact report for last night. No Storm and Anderson even though they have a PPV match this weekend. And no follow-up to the Gunner/Shaw segments.

Bully vs. EC3 in a Texas Death Match could be worth watching for curiosity's sake. I'm assuming they're going to try to make it the match that makes EC3 legit, but the build has been non-existent between the two, so I don't care so much.

Marvel

could never
Remember when he was Vince's 'chosen one'?

Yeah, I really enjoyed that if I'm honest. He had such a swagger about him.

Great theme too. I'm really disappointed that they let him go was a solid worker with still a good look after ears of not being used much.

DiscoJon

Banned
Good Morning! Is Black Thursday going to continue to this Friday the 13th? And if so, who will face Vince's bloody wrath?
3hj5J.gif

Sunflower, Strobogo, FallingEdge, and other WrassleGaf fatties:

How would you rate Taco Bell's Quesarito? I'm pretty darn hungry right now and would like your input.

Had my first one yesterday (steak), and thought it was decent except for the white rice, which ruined it. Will not order again.

Sblargh

Banned
Wow, every time I play Marvel Heroes, the game is better. I don't think I ever seen a game improve so much via patches.

Edit: Oh yeah, friday the 13th, today. Gotta take care of them black cats today.

Browny

Banned

I'm really sad that Drew's gone - mainly because I felt like he had so much potential, but also because that entrance theme was so good.

Both quality intros. I may need that Yoshi as a ring tone...

Edit: I'm working from home this afternoon, and apart from the cat meowing like a b'stard, it's rather good. No-one has called me (which is the bane of my working life), and so I've got some stuff done. And now I have Yoshi Tatsu on repeat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The head drops aren't at all as prevalent as they were in 90's All Japan - wrestlers have seen the toll that working that style had on Kobashi, Misawa, Taue, Kikuchi, etc, and it's something the majority have moved away from.

90s puro is responsible for most of the movesets available in wrestling games, some of those moves I saw as a younger kid making a CAW made me think death is on the way.

Cagey

Banned
And that is the correct response anytime these gaijin idiots pull their "too sweet" wannabe NWO nonsense on you.

Bullet Club. Cool T-Shirts, and that's about it.

That's the real talk right there. It's like a bunch of smarks from the late 90s became wrestlers with these dopes.

Much sugar me, DiscoJon.

DiscoJon

Banned
Man, you're almost Pre-Consoles!

Is 30 in September

I had a friend pre-NES era that had an Atari (I have no idea which one) and that was the coolest thing ever. I didn't get a NES until 87-88. Hell, my family didn't have cable TV until the early nineties. Growing up in a small-ass farming town. Good times.

Top Bottom