• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

jred2k

http://nextlevelprowrestling.com/

Saw this from Chris Hero's AMA. Reading through what he/they(?) do it seems like he's basically trying to reproduce the NXT model.

Here is some of what we're offering:

- Match critiques including in-ring technique, match structure and crowd interaction.

- Promo critiques including verbiage, delivery and tonality.

- Observations and suggestions regarding “look” and overall presentation.

- Ideas relating to overall fitness and functional movements.

- Offering educated advice on professional etiquette.

Kind of weird for a dude who got cut for being an unmotivated fatty is taking money to give look and physique advice. Hopefully he doesn't convince anyone to wear those pants he used to.

DiscoJon

Banned
You guys are like the male version of gaming side.

But the gaming side is all males already, ya dingus.
tumblr_m3m6lkTtHO1qgs0sio1_500.gif

RP912

Banned
I been slacking on shows lately. After breaking bad went off the air I just can't find a show that suits my attention. I tried watching one episode of house of cards and it just didn't click with me (and I love kevin spacey). I been hearing good things about Orange is the New Black though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You want me to skip Smackdown to watch a movie starring RVD? That's just trolling.

RVD is interviewed for about 30 seconds. It's a lot better than that. You really should watch it. It mainly focuses on The Lizard.

RP912

Banned
The backyard is like the byw version of beyond the mat. RVD just spends maybe a minute introducing himself, stretching and smoking a jay in the movie.

Carnby

I been slacking on shows lately. After breaking bad went off the air I just can't find a show that suits my attention. I tried watching one episode of house of cards and it just didn't click with me (and I love kevin spacey). I been hearing good things about Orange is the New Black though.

I've been watching The Wire on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good. Check it out if you haven't already.

Wrestling related. My feels are not ready for season 2 yet.

King of the Ring 2001 if you haven't seen it before, (or in a while).

It has three Kurt Angle matches, the last of which is the match that made Shane O Mac a legend.

Also it's the beginning of Edge's singles push!

Smackdown card looks good tonight actually.

Ambrose vs Wyatt for MITB: Yes please.

Cesaro vs Sheamus: Fuck yeah. Sheamus is boring but their last match was excellent.

Reigns vs Barrett: Sweet. Well kind of. Well see if Reigns has improved at all.

Big E vs Swagger: just kidding no one cares about this.

Rowan vs Jey: Yep it's Smackdown alright .

Fandango vs Rose: one awesome gimmick versus a terrible one. Bury this loser, Vince.

Akasana on the card also. Lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I say goddamn Vinnie, you and I don't agree on pretty much anything, but it's good to see that you've seen it too.

Later tonight I'll have to post some photos of the poster and the book I got along with the DVD.

We don't? :(

Memphis Heat is legit, I love shows that have that footage in it. I've really been getting a territory vibe from NXT lately and it kinda FEELS like the older territory stuff in that it isn't a 3 hour slog. Instead it's compressed and dope as fuck.

DiscoJon

Banned
We don't? :(

Memphis Heat is legit, I love shows that have that footage in it. I've really been getting a territory vibe from NXT lately and it kinda FEELS like the older territory stuff in that it isn't a 3 hour slog. Instead it's compressed and dope as fuck.

The thing that surprised me the most was how brutal Memphis was. It was straight up "Attitude Era" years before the WWF's "Attitude Era" started.

I've read rumors online that Jerry Lawler has almost got the rights for the Memphis TV showings lined up for the WWE Network.

Oh god the cuts. No more 3MB, no more Foxsana, no more random Yoshi Tatsu appearance, no more chance for JTG to fight Rusev at Wrestlemania 31.

That Mr. NXT though. You wear a disguise to look like human guys, but you're not a man, you're a Chicken Bo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The thing that surprised me the most was how brutal Memphis was. It was straight up "Attitude Era" years before the WWF's "Attitude Era" started.

I've read rumors online that Jerry Lawler has almost got the rights for the Memphis TV showings lined up for the WWE Network.

Yeah they should be almost done with that if not done. I can't wait for Memphis content, that was a rowdy as fuck time. Plus McMemphis restored in its entirety.

JavyOO7

Give HoC and OITNB a chance. Both shows get better as they progress.

Smackdown card looks good tonight actually.

Ambrose vs Wyatt for MITB: Yes please.

Cesaro vs Sheamus: Fuck yeah. Sheamus is boring but their last match was excellent.

Reigns vs Barrett: Sweet. Well kind of. Well see if Reigns has improved at all.

Big E vs Swagger: just kidding no one cares about this.

Rowan vs Jey: Yep it's Smackdown alright .

Fandango vs Rose: one awesome gimmick versus a terrible one. Bury this loser, Vince.

Akasana on the card also. Lol.
Rose has an incredible gimmick.m

Sblargh

Banned
Thanks for the recommendations all. Also thanks for the wrestling hipster column. It's kind of like we genereally agree here every week, but nicely written and without people pretending to think otherwise because they're so awesome.

Don't they still do the no compete clauses for televised events?

Watching NXT right now. Laughed so hard when he yelled "THEY TOUCHED MY BUM".

They do, but you can choose to not take it. You lose 90 days of pay (that's why they do the no compete clause, it's kind of a severance thing too), but Raven's done it a bunch of times

Top Bottom