• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Aiii

So not worth it
The World Cup has absolutely terrible referees this year. I think they all came from pro wrestling or something, they are fucking blind as bats.

New Page:
JimmyPage2.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Today I'm going to watch the movie RV because I hate myself and it's something to do while I wait for these jobs to call me about an interview. I wonder if this'll be worse than watching early 90s Raws.

DMczaf

I just read about the Bo segment on NXT last night. Oh. My. God. This sounds fucking amazing. Gotta watch it when I get home.

Hasney

Damn, the ad for the Batista DVD has tempted me. His reaction to the reaction he got when he returned would make for a good story in itself. The other 2 discs of matches are a waste though so I'll wait until it's bargain bin.

I was really enjoying MLB The Show 14 for the Vita until the game basically locked up after I scored 23 runs on 30 hits against a CPU team.

Today I'm going to watch the movie RV because I hate myself and it's something to do while I wait for these jobs to call me about an interview. I wonder if this'll be worse than watching early 90s Raws.

RV as in Robin Williams RV?

Damn, the ad for the Batista DVD has tempted me. His reaction to the reaction he got when he returned would make for a good story in itself. The other 2 discs of matches are a waste though so I'll wait until it's bargain bin.

The internet - the world's bargain bin.

So I haven't watched any WWE since roughly when HBK retired. What have I missed? Is it still worth watching? Can it compare even in the slightest to the attitude era glory days and lastly, is TNA any better? Ain't watched that since hexagon ring changed lol

strobogo

Banned
So I haven't watched any WWE since roughly when HBK retired. What have I missed? Is it still worth watching? Can it compare even in the slightest to the attitude era glory days and lastly, is TNA any better? Ain't watched that since hexagon ring changed lol

You missed some really, really, really bad Raws with celebrity hosts. You also missed the Summer of Punk and Bryan's year long rise to power. And HHH doing the best work of his career over the last 6 months. And Shield being dope as fuck. But you mostly missed a lot of bad stuff. TNA is worse than ever.

Overall, I think match quality is way up than it was during the Attitude Era. Maybe the best time ever for WWE from a purely in ring stand point. Story and presentation wise, it is usually boring and always bland.

Disagree Guy said:

WWE's mostly been bad and TNA's mostly been terrible, so business as usual. Punk, Bryan and The Shield have been the most entertaining things in WWE over the past few years.

Elsewhere, New Japan are kicking arse and British wrestling's pretty fun these days;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWeSHpTJ5g

You missed some really, really, really bad Raws with celebrity hosts. You also missed the Summer of Punk and Bryan's year long rise to power. And HHH doing the best work of his career over the last 6 months. And Shield being dope as fuck. But you mostly missed a lot of bad stuff. TNA is worse than ever.

Overall, I think match quality is way up than it was during the Attitude Era. Maybe the best time ever for WWE from a purely in ring stand point. Story and presentation wise, it is usually boring and always bland.

Nice, might have to catch a ppv every now and again, I met CM Punk a few times in England and he's a really nice guy and a fantastic wrestler. He's left wwe now from what I've heard??

Edit: bootay - British wrestling is where it's at dawg lol

XenoRaven

Nice, might have to catch a ppv every now and again, I met CM Punk a few times in England and he's a really nice guy and a fantastic wrestler. He's left wwe now from what I've heard??

Edit: bootay - British wrestling is where it's at dawg lol
The first person ever to describe Punk as nice.

XenoRaven

Also you missed one of IRS's sons become a walking motivational poster, and the other become a demon possessed redneck cult leader that lives in the Florida Everglades.

strobogo

Banned
Hey Aisha!

I was wondering, was this...

in reference to your struggles with having children? Because, if so....holy shit, you are awesome/hilarious. Pretty damn strong of yourself to be able to upbeat about it!
...yet cry about Rainbow Six Siege ;p

I didn't cry, I just screamed

What the fuuuuuuuck. Aisha responds to Ply asking if he had a chance. She said no one has a chance because she's dead inside. So this dude makes a joke about her not being able to conceive? Christ. What the fuck is wrong with that guy?

The first person ever to describe Punk as nice.

I met him backstage at a FWA show and Another time at a 1PW show (I think) and he took the time to give tips and pointers to the greener performers and he even took a photo with my dad because 'he had a cool beard'

Seems nice enough to me haha

Edit: sandman though? Now he's a prick haha. Was pissed all day long and stank!

Sblargh

Banned
Given that 4 episodes of NXT (one being live every 4 months) are 10 dollars a month (plus more 'rasslin than you could ever watch) while NJPW iPPvs are TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS a piece; I'll go with NXT as best promotion. Because TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!
It deserves to be 25 dollars

What the fuuuuuuuck. Aisha responds to Ply asking if he had a chance. She said no one has a chance because she's dead inside. So this dude makes a joke about her not being able to conceive? Christ. What the fuck is wrong with that guy?

Not wanting to backdrive mod, just venting, but that's cause for a ban. Holy shit, what incredible lack of common sense regarding what you say.

Inside a steel cage, TNA champion Eric Young in a three-way match will headline this Sunday's TNA Slammiversary XII in Dallas-Arlington, Texas.
Young will face the winners of the following matches:

*Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Lashley.

*Kenny King vs. Austin Aries.
There you go.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think I would have thrown the Mega Duck in the trash even if it was a gift. Did the thing have original
games or was it mostly reskinned Game Boy games? I have never heard of the device before.

It was mostly simple platform or top down games, but I dunno, it was fun for what it was. Still spend many hours playing that thing.

Kinda wish it hadn't broken down actually.

Here is a review: http://youtu.be/CUSqVTUmbR0

strobogo

Banned
Given that 4 episodes of NXT (one being live every 4 months) are 10 dollars a month (plus more 'rasslin than you could ever watch) while NJPW iPPvs are TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS a piece; I'll go with NXT as best promotion. Because TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!
It deserves to be 25 dollars

Not wanting to backdrive mod, just venting, but that's cause for a ban. Holy shit, what incredible lack of common sense regarding what you say.

It's not just a random joke to some random person online. It is a specific person who quite recently very publicly talked about it on national US television. And that dude was specifically referencing it to make a terrible joke for no reason. That's rude as shit. And fucked up.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just checked this thread out. Fucking awesome! Been a long-time CZW fan.

This is apparently going to be the LAST Tournament of Death. The owner, DJ, has said that they need to break even, i.e attract nearly 1200 fans, and if they fail to do so, then they're screwed and it will be the last time they hold a TOD. (Takes a lot of money holding an ultraviolent event in Delaware these days. Several checkups, medical fees and they also have to get a licence to have light-tubes at the event).

As a fan, it makes me really sad. Tournament of Death is CZW's Wrestlemania, and it blows that this could potentially be their last one. Here's to hoping they destroy the place!

Phatmac

Finally saw last night's NXT and holy shit the Mr. NXT segment was incredible. I almost died laughing at the whole thing. So good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked this thread out. Fucking awesome! Been a long-time CZW fan.

This is apparently going to be the LAST Tournament of Death. The owner, DJ, has said that they need to break even, i.e attract nearly 1200 fans, and if they fail to do so, then they're screwed and it will be the last time they hold a TOD. (Takes a lot of money holding an ultraviolent event in Delaware these days. Several checkups, medical fees and they also have to get a licence to have light-tubes at the event).

As a fan, it makes me really sad. Tournament of Death is CZW's Wrestlemania, and it blows that this could potentially be their last one. Here's to hoping they destroy the place!

C Z W
iBnv9xPkLGI82.gif

Top Bottom