• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

They are not French, they are good.

What's wrong with the French, Aiii? A nicer people you couldn't hope to meet. My favourite mainland Euro country I've visited so far.

Incidentally, I'm coming to your country later in the year. My and a few mates 30ths all occur in the space of a few weeks, so we're engaging in the fine English tradition of flying to Amsterdam to get wrecked for the weekend.

I wonder if the sale of soccer related games significantly rise because of the world cup.

They're already pretty popular even in the US, I can't see it jumping that much. If EA actually made the game look as great as the trailers then maybe...

The game's still good though, I don't want to trash the game.

you dingus, now hes never leaving me alone

VrazC2G.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
They're already pretty popular even in the US, I can't see it jumping that much. If EA actually made the game look as great as the trailers then maybe...

The game's still good though, I don't want to trash the game.

I'm inclined to think football manager sees a rise in sale from people who get the feeling (like we all do in relation to WWE) that they could do a better job than their coaches.

So has Ricochet joined a faction in NJPW yet? Or is he still considered an outsider due to his affiliation with Dragon Gate?

This hasn't stopped outsiders from joining CHAOS/Suzukigun/Bullet Club before. Just saying.

I'm inclined to think football manager sees a rise in sale from people who get the feeling (like we all do in relation to WWE) that they could do a better job than their coaches.

Forgot about Football Manager, I could see a rise for that. I hate GM modes in general for sports games so I would be bored out of mind playing something like that.

Both forms of football are boring as shit. Rugby is the best variation of that sport.

...but Rugby's boring as shit! 20/20 Cricket's where it's at.

So has Ricochet joined a faction in NJPW yet? Or is he still considered an outsider due to his affiliation with Dragon Gate?

This hasn't stopped outsiders from joining CHAOS/Suzukigun/Bullet Club before. Just saying.

Still an outsider at present. I could see him winning the title from Ibushi then joining Bullet Club.

Aiii

So not worth it
What's wrong with the French, Aiii? A nicer people you couldn't hope to meet. My favourite mainland Euro country I've visited so far.

Incidentally, I'm coming to your country later in the year. My and a few mates 30ths all occur in the space of a few weeks, so we're engaging in the fine English tradition of flying to Amsterdam to get wrecked for the weekend.

Arrogant, refuse to speak English, ultra nationalist and just in general not a pleasant people. Paris is okay, anything outside that is just shit really. French part of Belgium is the same btw.

Amsterdam is cool, though not even remotely our best city, feel free to throw a bike into a moat when you get pissed.

I'm sorry Aiii ;_;

We are not done yet.

Though I am hardly expecting a W.

Sblargh

Banned
I know very little about it, but ricochet looks nothing like bullet club. I mean, he looks like he is a legit cool guy instead of a guy trying to be cool.

If they're thinking about him like Devitt used to be, they're gonna keep him as babyface as can be. Which they should.

I agree, but I just remember Karl saying Bullet Club are after all the belts and I can't see their storyline being done with until that happens, so, unless one of the Bucks or Tonga goes after the belt, they'll need a new Jr in the stable.

Arrogant, refuse to speak English, ultra nationalist and just in general not a pleasant people. Paris is okay, anything outside that is just shit really. French part of Belgium is the same btw.

Amsterdam is cool, though not even remotely our best city, feel free to throw a bike into a moat when you get pissed.

Huh, I must have had it lucky in France, I spent most my of my time there in Normandy and the people are all super friendly in my experience e and don't despise having to deal with English-speaking tourists like Parisians do.

I love that Mark Henry told Curt Hawkins he knows where he lives, he gonna get got

Also the PCW owner is hinting at a superb show in November crossover with ROH

Aiii

So not worth it
Huh, I must have had it lucky in France, I spent most my of my time there in Normandy and the people are all super friendly in my experience e and don't despise having to deal with English-speaking tourists like Parisians do.

Lucky! I once tried to order some fries in France, guy would only speak French and even fucking ignored me sticking up three fingers instead of me saying whatever the fuck three is in French, because ugh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Yujiro can't qualify for Jrs? He's fucking tiny.

strobogo

Banned

We are not done yet.

Though I am hardly expecting a W.

Why do you think the French need to speak English? Especially to tourists? I think you've been talking to too many Americans. Getting pissed at people in a different country not speaking the language you want them to speak instead of you learning their language before you go there is a super American thing to do.

jred2k

As someone living on the border of Quebec I confirm that the French being assholes doesn't end their home country's borders. I'm surprised their language actually has a word for compromise.

Why do you think the French need to speak English? Especially to tourists? I think you've been talking to too many Americans. Getting pissed at people in a different country not speaking the language you want them to speak instead of you learning their language before you go there is a super American thing to do.

It's not their ability, it's their attitude. They make no effort to try and meet you half way.

If I go to the grocery store and there are people parked in the middle of an aisle having a very loud conversation it is 9/10 times francophones. I won't say it is 100% on purpose, but they are very inconsiderate.

Aiii

So not worth it

Basic English, like "three fries with ketchup please" is the least I would expect, ignoring that, three fingers in the air should suffice. But no, you either speak their language or you can fuck right off, no compromise at all.

strobogo

Banned
Basic English, like "three fries with ketchup please" is the least I would expect, ignoring that, three fingers in the air should suffice. But no, you either speak their language or you can fuck right off, no compromise at all.

When I went to Rome, I felt like a real prick for not bothering to learn any Italian. Luckily pretty much everything is in English/Italian/French/German there. But it wasn't in Sicily and I felt like a total twat for not knowing even a couple of phrases. I can't imagine going to a country and expecting them to speak English and getting mad if they don't. I feel like that would be all on me.

If a French dude was visiting my city and got pissed because I didn't speak any French, he could go fuck himself. I feel like the same principle should apply the other way around. But maybe all you Euros have a different mind set and relationship with your neighbors.

Aiii

So not worth it
When I went to Rome, I felt like a real prick for not bothering to learn any Italian. Luckily pretty much everything is in English/Italian/French/German there. But it wasn't in Sicily and I felt like a total twat for not knowing even a couple of phrases. I can't imagine going to a country and expecting them to speak English and getting mad if they don't. I feel like that would be all on me.

If a French dude was visiting my city and got pissed because I didn't speak any French, he could go fuck himself. I feel like the same principle should apply the other way around.

Not over here, we will go out of our way to speak your language, or help you in any other way possible if we couldn't. It's in our nature to accommodate.

strobogo

Banned
Not over here, we will go out of our way to speak your language, or help you in any other way possible if we couldn't. It's in our nature to accommodate.

I think most Americans will try to find a way to communicate, but if someone visiting actually gets mad because we don't speak or understand their language, fuck them. I think it is unfair to get mad at people in another country not speaking or learning the language you speak or want them to speak.

No one in Italy was a dick to me because I couldn't understand what they were saying to me or how to say things in Italian. MOST people doing anything that will take your money will be speaking some English, though. But some places didn't and we found ways to communicate even though we couldn't exactly understand the words we were saying. I feel like most Americans would do the same. Just don't be a dick about it. Which is not to say you're being a dick about it. I felt really shitty that I went there without learning any Italian and making people have to struggle to communicate with me.

Aiii

So not worth it
French WILL be dicks to you if you don't speak their language. That is why I don't like them.

It's not I don't like them, so I am dick to them.

Au contraire mon frére.

strobogo

Banned
French WILL be dicks to you if you don't speak their language. That is why I don't like them.

It's not I don't like them, so I am dick to them.

Au contraire mon frére.

I found it really easy to communicate by pointing at genitals and doing things like this:

irDkfkQ2cYucg.gif

this:

iDQaxNKfgRoXd.gif

this:

isw9gMtJk164f.gif

and this:

ibk2DORbSAN1c1.gif

Top Bottom