• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Aiii

So not worth it
How will we see 2014 when we look back on it 10 years from now? Will people even talk about it and have the stomach to watch 2.5-hour Raws when you cut out the commercials?

To be fair, it did have the second or third best WrestleMania of all time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How will we see 2014 when we look back on it 10 years from now? Will people even talk about it and have the stomach to watch 2.5-hour Raws when you cut out the commercials?

You know how I talk about how early WWE was garbage mostly but had a few new guys who were really strong? That'll be how 2014 WWE is. People will skim through it to watch Bray promos and Shield matches.

Alucard

Banned
You know how I talk about how early WWE was garbage mostly but had a few new guys who were really strong? That'll be how 2014 WWE is. People will skim through it to watch Bray promos and Shield matches.

That's what I do now. And Bryan matches. And Cesaro matches. Otherwise, blaaaaaaah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MonsoonClassic on youtube has been doing God's work and uploading a bunch of Stunnin' Steve Austin matches, and I have a new controversial list.

Best Stone Cold timelines:
96-97 tweener Stone Cold Steve Austin > 2001 crazy paranoid heel/power trip Stone Cold > Stunnin' Steve Austin > Aw Hell Yea 98 gimmicky post-injury face Stone Cold > Ringmaster > Invasion era Stone Cold(which is kind of 2001 Stone Cold but he wasn't near as combustible. Kind of boring) > GM Stone Cold

Alucard

Banned
I'm worried about Daniel Bryan. I'm going to cringe every time he takes a DDT, suplex, superkick, or any head/neck bump once he returns. :(

Alucard

Banned
If we think WWE commentary is awful now, how much more awful will we think it is 10 years from now with all the Twitter nonsense and lack of in-ring storytelling?

If we think WWE commentary is awful now, how much more awful will we think it is 10 years from now with all the Twitter nonsense and lack of in-ring storytelling.

I'm not entirely sure if it's going to get much better - Regal is great on NXT, but more and more they've been going with a 3 person team that, even with Regal, is just too much. Regal & Renee would be a good pairing, but whoever is at the desk they need to call more of the match and talk about the wrestlers reasoning and motovation in the ring rather than in the storyline alone.

I think I'm just getting sick of commentary. I like PWG/Beyond Wrestling's style of letting wrestlers commentate on the matches. Just guys shooting the shit and reacting to the action in the ring.

Alucard

Banned
I'm not entirely sure if it's going to get much better - Regal is great on NXT, but more and more they've been going with a 3 person team that, even with Regal, is just too much. Regal & Renee would be a good pairing, but whoever is at the desk they need to call more of the match and talk about the wrestlers reasoning and motovation in the ring rather than in the storyline alone.

I think I'm just getting sick of commentary. I like PWG/Beyond Wrestling's style of letting wrestlers commentate on the matches. Just guys shooting the shit and reacting to the action in the ring.

I gotta say, I really like Lenny Leonard and Dave Prazak from the ROH heyday. They call moves and actually talk about the wrestlers' histories, their personalities, etc. They just tell good stories.

Aiii

So not worth it
Football not exciting you say?

iYpbmbeRWqQy2.gif

Alucard

Banned
After watching that Johnny Saint tribute video yesterday, I now see who Mike Quackenbush probably tried to model part of his wrestling after.

strobogo

Banned
WWF NEW GENERATION: Instead of having a champion vs champion match or KOTR finals be the main event, we'll have Roddy Piper vs Jerry Lawler headline the show. A Roddy Piper who hadn't wrestled in two years, and a Jerry Lawler who wrestled very sparingly (in the WWF). A Roddy Piper that did 100% of his promo work for the match on a hand held camera in his trailer or in his house because he didn't want to go to any shows. A Jerry Lawler who inexplicably was wearing motocross elbow pads/knee pads when he did wrestle.

End the show with a retired wrestler who is now an actor celebrating with fireworks. Wait.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just like that rap music, right Aiii?

It's already lasted 8. What other ways do people have of sending mass updates, jokes, and links to the world that isn't restricted to a friends-only group or isn't hard to search for?

Social Media putlets come and go quickly, like most internet websites actually. How many websites you visited ten years ago do you still visit today? Can't be all that many really.

Besides, Twitter didn't really take off until around 2009, so it would be just past half of its logical lifetime.

Of course Twitter could be the exception to the rule, but it doesn't have to be.

Social Media putlets come and go quickly, like most internet websites actually. How many websites you visited ten years ago do you still visit today? Can't be all that many really.

Besides, Twitter didn't really take off until around 2009, so it would be just past half of its logical lifetime.

Way to move those goalposts.

Out of all the superstars and divas, who do you think:

Has the best overall appeal?
Has the best technique?
Has the best look?
Has the best physical form(muscles/fitness)?
Has the best intelligence and charisma?
And finally, who can get it?

For me:

Roman Reigns
GoldDust
El Torito
Cesaro
Ambrose (Yes, really)
Cesaro or a certain crazy Diva from England

Vylash

Has the best technique?
Has the best look?

For me:

Roman Reigns
GoldDust
El Torito
Cesaro
Ambrose (Yes, really)

Wyatt
Rusev
Rusev
Rusev
Wyatt
Charlotte

Alucard

Banned

Has the best technique?
Has the best look?

For me:

Roman Reigns
GoldDust
El Torito
Cesaro
Ambrose (Yes, really)

Has the best overall appeal? --> Bray Wyatt
Has the best technique? --> Daniel Bryan
Has the best look? --> Roman Reigns or Brock
Has the best physical form(muscles/fitness)? --> Cesaro or Brock
Has the best intelligence and charisma? --> Wade? Maybe? I dunno. HHH? Wyatt?
And finally, who can get it? Not sure what this means.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just preordered the UFC game on US PSN, looking forward to playing it.

-edit: just beat Gustafsson in 15 seconds, bam.

Of course Twitter could be the exception to the rule, but it doesn't have to be.
Are you still believing everything is going to be like Myspace? Come on, dawg.

Top Bottom