• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

The biggest problem is marketing and creating need. Why don't they show clips of what is avaible on the network on Raw. The Netwrok appeals to Wrestling Fans but not WWE fans. I doubt a typical wwe mark will watch WCCW ( or anything 80's really)

For what ever reason they keep holding back Monday night war/ attitude era stuff which is the biggest reason for people to subscribe .

Also nothing if consequences happens on the network . People talk about sandow and ziggler citing good promos on the post show but it never translates. Do a title change or have someone be attacked.

They just excepted people to sign up without doing any of the work

Sblargh

Banned
PWInsider breaks down why the WWE Network is and will continue to be a failure unless Vince completely changes his mindset: http://pwinsider.com/article/86285/...e-column-vince-mcmahon-needs-to-read.html?p=1

Why the Attitude Era worked, and why the Network would have easily succeeded then:

What they could do to fix it:

That's nothing specific about the network, it's just another article explaining why WWE is worst than it should be given talent, production values and so on. Which is more or less said every day. :p

And he didn't said the one thing relating content and the network that I would have said: they need to rework (or, really, decide) their demographics. People who subscribe to the network are either families who watch the product together or single adults (the sad people on this thread). A family whose kid is a Cena fan, but don't really follow wrestling will go to a show and buy merch to make little jimmy happy, but won't commit on a 10 dollar subscription with a bunch of content that nobody on the household cares about.

It's basically a niche product, there is little mainstream appeal on Clash of the Champions or 1992 royal rumble. But when chosing between their niche audience and mainstream appeal, WWE chose the second one every time. Hell, it actively made fun of Bryan for being an "internet darling" on NXT. Vince might hate the IWC all he wants, but with ease of piracy and the rise of iPPVs; the truth is that Vince needs the IWC more than the IWC needs vince, because wrasslin' fans are the ones who would buy this thing. (or the saddest reality; they already did, 600.000 people is basically how many wrestling fans are left despiste how many watch the shows every week).

This is Cornette's revenge now, because Vince has to create a product that attracts the same kind of people interested in the fact that Brutus Beefcake main evented a Starcade and I might be wrong, but I think Dragonzord is not WWE's biggest fan. The Network is amazing value to a group of people WWE spent years trying to distance itself from.

The biggest problem is marketing and creating need. Why don't they show clips of what is avaible on the network on Raw. The Netwrok appeals to Wrestling Fans but not WWE fans. I doubt a typical wwe mark will watch WCCW ( or anything 80's really)

For what ever reason they keep holding back Monday night war/ attitude era stuff which is the biggest reason for people to subscribe .

Also nothing if consequences happens on the network . People talk about sandow and ziggler citing good promos on the post show but it never translates. Do a title change or have someone be attacked.

To be fair, remastering all they remastered was a lot of work. But as you said, to wrestling fans, not to WWE fans. I don't think even most people who were the teenagers who loved the attitude era cares about most of the content on the network.

It's amazing content, it is great value, it is a top rated service. It is provided by a company who resents its own fanabse (and whose fanbase resents it back).

strobogo

Banned
NEW Legit Shook 3 panel gif comic

The Hopelessness of 1994

iIbanGzHIc31u.gif

iVd7B40DlNmcH.gif

ibjaGzuxuue1ua.gif

I hope they don't change Seth's entrance music. I like it.

I didn't even notice Seth got new music. When did that happen?

Guys, I got a Wii U and it is so fun!!!!!!

Yes! Wii U is the best. Nintendo had an amazing showing at E3 and I can't wait for all those games they showed.

I don't understand how a wrestling fan couldn't sign up for The Network. It's worth it for the PPVs alone. NXT makes it even more worth it. I've watched more Main Event since it went Network exclusive than I ever did on ION TV.

The problem is that pushing Cena is actually the perfect way to get people to not sign up to the Network. Adult fans don't like him, and kids aren't going to get their parents to commit to signing up.

Find out and push those the adults like (the newer stars like Bryan, Shield, Cesaro etc.), or the Network's fucked.

Is wrestling ever going to be that popular again? WWE's viewership is nothing to scoff at but they're culturally irrelevant. I'd love to see them push Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn and Cesaro and have it turn them into the next Marvel but that's just pipe dreams.

Is wrestling ever going to be that popular again? WWE's viewership is nothing to scoff at but they're culturally irrelevant. I'd love to see them push Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn and Cesaro and have it turn them into the next Marvel but that's just pipe dreams.

I'm not saying that's going to fix everything. But, traditionally, an influx of good talent in favor of stale, old talent is what usually ushers in new hot periods in wrestling so it's not unheard of. Actually protecting talent that's not just John Cena and Roman Reigns (which is because they think he's going to be the next John Cena) would be a good start.

And I don't mean, protecting as in "THEY DON'T LOSE OFTEN" I mean in creative too. Nobody cares that Daniel Bryan has not lost a single one-on-one match (clean or otherwise) since Royal Rumble because his creative has been so shitty.

Another problem with the Network is how content is accessed. I should be able to type in "Undertaker, wrestlemania" and load up a playlist of all 22 matches .

Instead I have to load up 22 manias

Another problem with the Network is how content is accessed. I should be able to type in "Undertaker, wrestlemania" and load up a playlist of all 22 matches .

Instead I have to load up 22 manias

The problem isn't the quality of the Network itself, and any issues are secondary at best. The content that people are shown every Monday night has to be good enough that people decide they want more of it. WWE is very bad at doing that.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't understand how a wrestling fan couldn't sign up for The Network. It's worth it for the PPVs alone. NXT makes it even more worth it. I've watched more Main Event since it went Network exclusive than I ever did on ION TV.

Because Vince has been at war with wrestling fans for years now. Hell, I've been following it only since the royal rumble and I already feel Vince has something against me; like he reads my posts here and then do what he knows I won't like.

Because Vince has been at war with wrestling fans for years now. Hell, I've been following it only since the royal rumble and I already feel Vince has something against me; like he reads my posts here and then do what he knows I won't like.

Bingo. It's just like the article said, "We'll give you what you want at Wrestlemania and then it's back to the same old bullshit" is exactly what it feels like. Their business was trending upwards into Mania, too. Nothing stops the old man from deciding we're going to watch what he likes, and like it. And frankly, I've barely been watching Raw these past few weeks because it's all so boring to me. So yeah, I'm deciding I don't like it.

strobogo

Banned
Lambada, if you're reading this from where ever you are, I'd like to guest host Straight Shooters. I need a sign for permission. PRIDE 31.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably won't get any updates until intermission, unless something particularly crazy/fucked up happens.

Might have a better shot listening to a local police scanner where the show is for updates.

Sblargh

Banned
Bingo. It's just like the article said, "We'll give you what you want at Wrestlemania and then it's back to the same old bullshit" is exactly what it feels like. Their business was trending upwards into Mania, too. Nothing stops the old man from deciding we're going to watch what he likes, and like it. And frankly, I've barely been watching Raw these past few weeks because it's all so boring to me. So yeah, I'm deciding I don't like it.

I am watching on "well, I'm a fan, that's what I do, it's not like I'm a smart person" mode; much like when I'm hating Marvel Comics and continue to follow because I'm stupid and that's what stupid people do. It's becoming more of a habit than a pleasure, to be honest. They keep me in spite of Raw these days. I see a good match on Main Event or NXT and then I'm excited for Raw to see those same wrestlers there only to be disappointed at the end of the show and bitching on the internet about it.

It's a show to nobody. It's not really for children, but they're part of the target audience. It's not really for 18 - 35 audience either, but they're part of the target audience. It's not really for old school wrestling fans, but they're part of the target audience. It's not really for people who like dumb toilet humor, but they're part of the target audience. I could probably go on. It's not really for anybody; it tries to have something for everybody and end up with having something everyone dislike.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Sblargh, you just started watching recently man, it's not too late to just stop. Suckers like me, who have been watching since the age of 4 are too far gone, beyond saving. There is hope for you!

dream

See, Aiii? If Spiders From Mars, whose life revolves around professional wrestling, won't re-subscribe to the Network, WWE (which has a terrible television deal, almost no traditional pay-per-view revenue because they cut off their nose to spite their face, and middling touring revenue) is fucked.

Vylash

See, Aiii? If Spiders From Mars, whose life revolves around professional wrestling, won't re-subscribe to the Network, WWE (which has a terrible television deal, almost no traditional pay-per-view revenue because they cut off their nose to spite their face, and middling touring revenue) is fucked.

>a terrible television deal

are you even trying anymore?

Aiii

So not worth it

More hyperbole, not enough hyperbole, feed us more.

This is GAF after all.

Top Bottom