• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Aiii

So not worth it
I really hope England ties. I feel they've earned at least that with their play. I also feel bad for Rooney. Would love to see him be the one to tie it up for storyline purposes.

I hate Italian Football with a passion. Way to defensive and boring, they are like the Big Show of Football.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also, guys, lol, this is almost as silly as when you do kicking in American Handegg.

untitled-3mvsz5.gif

Probably would have been a scoring effort in that game.

Alucard

Banned
I hate Italian Football with a passion. Way to defensive and boring, they are like the Big Show of Football.

I completely sympathize. I think they've been better at not holding so much to that style over the past two World Cups, but in the past I detested watching them play. I will admit that their defensive display in the 2006 final against France was nothing short of remarkable, though. It was frustrating as all hell, especially since I thought France was the only team actually TRYING to score in extra time, but they did put up an excellent defensive effort.

Still...fucking annoying when I felt France had earned that victory, Zidane headbutt or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, shit is about to get WRECKED. Andre is gonna walk to the ring wearing the Power Glove, big sunglasses, and a ripped jean jacket to destroy everything.

Sadly, Andre never wore sunglasses because of his large head, and he didn't seem to have enough interest to have custom ones made. When you see him on his little farm, he never even wore a hat either so who knows.
firstjanpantour.jpg

Here is Andre auditioning for Mr. Universe though.
chickonarm.jpg

Bonus 'she wants the D' pic

Alucard

Banned
Rooney seems flustered. He said he wasn't going to put pressure on himself at this World Cup. He said he put a lot on himself in the past and it just ended up making him overthink things. I hope he doesn't suffer from that again this WC.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, who are your top five most annoying gimmick posters? (which basically includes everyone in this thread since we're all working in some way)

1. Bean when doing anything but his late Raw reviews
2. Horse
3. Idk gimmick posting seems to be a lot less frequent now than it was a couple of months ago

Alucard

Banned
1. Bean when doing anything but his late Raw reviews
2. Horse
3. Idk gimmick posting seems to be a lot less frequent now than it was a couple of months ago

Gimmick posters on GAF:

-Bean
-Bionic-Arm
-Horse
-Heel (?)

...Those are the only one who come to mind.

Alucard

Banned
I'm beginning to write some wrestling recaps and reviews and I'm thinking about where to put them. Should I just open a wordpress blog?

For sure. If you're doing it for fun, go for it. :) If you want to grow a readership, the only advice I'd give is to be consistent and not miss a week.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I always get confused by the Kentas. Especially since one is named Kenta Kobashi and the other is Kenta Kobayashi. That's like two American wrestlers being called Jack Johnson and Jack Johnston.

Thankfully, I have them clear in my head now.

When is Kenta expected in NXT and the WWE? Watching him wrestle Austin Aries right now.

strobogo

Banned
Guys, I always get confused by the Kentas. Especially since one is named Kenta Kobashi and the other is Kenta Kobayashi. That's like two American wrestlers being called Jack Johnson and Jack Johnston.

Thankfully, I have them clear in my head now.

When is Kenta expected in NXT and the WWE? Watching him wrestle Austin Aries right now.

It's not the same as one went by Kenta Kobashi and the other went by KENTA. KENTA only wrestled under his full name for like the first year since the name confused people.

Alucard

Banned
It's not the same as one went by Kenta Kobashi and the other went by KENTA. KENTA only wrestled under his full name for like the first year since the name confused people.

Yeah, I see that now. I was just confused when people were getting excited about the WWE signing Kenta a while ago. "The old guy who chopped Joe to shit? Really?" But I get it now.

So you're saying that as long as I get a reaction I'll stay at the top of the WrassleGAF card?

I have no issue with you, BIONIC, but I've seen you break character one too many times and it's hard to keep the illusion going at this point. Subsequent breaks will only come off as a desperate pleas for help, as if you were Pinocchio wanting to be a real boy.

I have no issue with you, BIONIC, but I've seen you break character one too many times and it's hard to keep the illusion going at this point. Subsequent breaks will only come off as a desperate pleas for help, as if you were Pinocchio wanting to be a real boy.

Besides his objectively wrong view on Assassins Creed 2, Bionic's tastes in video games are surprisingly decent. Other than that he's nothing short of garbage.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I have a confession. I don't really have an all-time top five. I maybe have a top two or three, and the other two or three I just type in whoever comes to mind first.

My top 2:
1. Bret Hart
2. Mr. Perfect

After that, it gets murky. I'd probably put Bryan Danielson or Chris Jericho at 3. Other performers I really enjoy:

Owen Hart
Steve Austin

El Generico? So hard to just pick. Like, I liked Macho Man, Hogan, and Warrior as a kid, but I just can't put them in my top 5 ever. And after this morning, I think Manami Toyota would have to be there somewhere too.

It's weird. In order for a wrestler to be in my top 5, they either have to be a really great worker (Bret/Perfect/Jericho/Danielson), but I also have to like them based on how they come off in public. (Austin minus wife abuse, and why I wouldn't put Michaels or Flair here) It's why, as much as I love Jericho and Bret, I still kinda put my tongue in cheek when I type their names because of some of the shit they've done or said later on in their lives.

The ideal situation is liking the performer and liking the person...as much as I THINK I know the person based on interviews and what other people have said about them. (Owen wins here)

Alucard

Banned
Earthquake is like super duper nice.

I'd totally believe that.

Stuff that automatically makes me dislike a wrestler, even if they're a face:
-known homophobia (Jay Briscoe...Bully Ray?...)
-woman beating
-guys who call women "bitches," "sluts," "ring rats," etc. but have no problem using them
-general asshole-ness

And there are probably other things too. Just made this list up.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Straight Shooters

Pride 31: Unbreakable with Guest Host Strobogo

imo1S5PBJnQE4.gif

iwcfhJRmVdPvk.gif

i83RQO0jvxMRu.gif

iIfnGewslcbcD.gif

Also at the link, a whole lot of nasty knees, two powerbombs, Rampage doing some head stomps, a powerslam, Mark Hunt being MEAN, a pull apart brawl between Chute Boxe and Team Hammerhead, and Shogun breaking his arm in slow motion. Oh, and a "bulked up" Overeem who looks like a baby compared to the horse meat era Reem.

Thanks to Lambada for allowing me to post on his page. I saw the DVD in the liburied and couldn't resist its power.

Alucard

Banned
Wrestlers I'd never want to hang out with for one reason or another:

New Jack (I would be too scared, and I think he's fucked up)
Ric Flair (too many bad stories about him just being a moody asshole)
Jay Briscoe (the gay issue would be too much of an elephant in the room)
Bret Hart (too reserved and cold. Wouldn't have much to say)
Austin Aries (too self-righteous based on interviews)

Wrestlers I'd like to hang out with for one reason or another:
Daniel Bryan (seems like a genuinely good human being)
Brooklyn Brawler (guy probably has tons of stories and seems social)
DDP (swears like a sailor and has tons of energy)
Jerry Lynn (seems like a nice guy and has wrestled everywhere)

Stan Hansen seems like a nice guy and few have anything bad to say about the man, in spite of his in-ring style rubbing some wrestlers the wrong way. I also admire that he carved a career for himself in another country that lasted 20 years, saved his money well and retired when he couldn't perform to his own standards any more.

Top Bottom