• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Vylash

Beyonce's public persona reminds me very much of John Cena. Very robotic but her soul is able shines through in her work, I can't say the same for Cena. I could totally see Cena stand idly by as Brie attacked Nikki in an elevator.

Cena raises Brie's hand after as his music plays through the elevator speakers

DMczaf

tumblr_n74sl8hiUg1qh89n0o1_250.gif
tumblr_n74sl8hiUg1qh89n0o5_250.gif

tumblr_n74sl8hiUg1qh89n0o6_250.gif
tumblr_n74sl8hiUg1qh89n0o2_250.gif

tumblr_n74sl8hiUg1qh89n0o3_250.gif
tumblr_n74sl8hiUg1qh89n0o4_250.gif

gurudyne

I don't like the "John Sina" nickname you guys use, because it implies that John is a sinner. We all know the man is a saint in and out of the ring. Please consider my request.

Would it help if we used his full name, John Felix Anthony Sina fuck.com?

Few people I say this about, but I can't wait for Dixie Carter to go out of business. If it wasn't for her dad, her lame-ass ideas would have sent her to poverty years ago. She's not even a good slimeball wrestling promoters. She's like an unsure, follow the pack slimeball promoter.

That places her very low on a ridiculously tall totem pole. "Slimeball wrestling promoter" as a character is one of the most overused, watered down boring tropes in wrestling. I think every one of the local indie feds uses it and each one does so to horrible effect.

KissVibes

Banned
Tomorrow Ric Flair is going to become Miz' manager for the next 4 months until Miz goes to film Christmas Bounty 2: Electric Sledaloo. He wanted to work with Ziggler but officials laughed in Flair's face and said we aren't doing anything with Ziggler ever again.

Anyone want to guess Cena's fave five movies?

1) Independence Day - Cena strives to do a promo as good as Bill Pullman's
2) Armageddon - Great story about overcoming the odds
3) Ted - Seth MacFarlane is the funniest
4) Inception - very deep and thought provoking, y'know?
5) Vertigo - he likes Hitchcock's use of colors

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The concept of geolocking and "borders" on the internet is still so weird to me.

Considering how every country (sometimes state level, sometimes even city level!!!) has different rules for content distribution plus the fact that many different companies buy and trade rights for different properties in different countries each dealing with a different set of laws...it's only to be expected.

It's hard to criticise, because it does seem to work for PCW - I'd say Rev Pro are similar to them, in that they try and mix British talent, imports and big names, but it's something they're still tweaking. I don't think they've sold out York Hall since the show with Bret Hart last year and there were still tickets available on the door tonight. I'd say some of the resentment comes from the fact that there is a HELL of a lot of good British talent at the momemt and it'd be nice to think PCW could do as good business with less imports, but I'm not sure if that'd be the case.
I was thinking last night that RevPro seem to be edging towards the 1PW model of imports, which is a good or bad thing depending on your point of view...

Here's a question for BritWrassleGAF: Why isn't Terry Frazier a thing I've heard of before? I've only seen him last night really, but he seems decent, got the Ambrose style + sleaze going on, while looking like an underwear model.

I think he's been out of wrestling for a while - had no idea who he was when he returned at the last York Hall show. He proper gets into it with the fans as well, good heel.

Growing up I didn't have Sky Sports, I only had Sky 1 and TNT. So my wrestling fix was often Livewire on a Saturday, which made everything look awesome (even if Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly hosted). For PPVs I'd go around my friends and watch, so I wonder if that's why I think the 90s were amazing. I only ever saw the highlight and hype videos!

Sblargh

Banned
Growing up I didn't have Sky Sports, I only had Sky 1 and TNT. So my wrestling fix was often Livewire on a Saturday, which made everything look awesome (even if Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly hosted). For PPVs I'd go around my friends and watch, so I wonder if that's why I think the 90s were amazing. I only ever saw the highlight and hype videos!

Makes sense. I was thinking about how they have got the NXT format down to a science. One hour show, three or four matches, quick interviews, video packages explaining the context, some in-ring shenanigan; time is just well spent, everything has a purpose and everything either hypes the matches or set up other matches.

And you can't even say "oh, it was a 'rassling now, not a sports entertainment show", whatever the difference is because it does have soap opera, comedy characters, cartoonish gimmicks, it just... it works. It could be that is better written than RAW, and while it may be true, it's just a general philosophy of few long matches, no recapping of what just happened, nothing is done too much. So I'll try to simulate that by only watching the one-hour recaps, because 3 hours of a show I know it will piss me off with "earlier tonigh" is starting to feel like work and not fun.

Top Bottom