• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

jmdajr

Destiny is a fun game. Definitely plays at a pace I can handle.

The Battlfield Hardline demo is also fun even though I am absolutely terrible at it. Definitely some Benny Hill hilarity to be had. But yeah, I'm definitely useless to the team. Pretty much just drive around and crash into things.

Got the complete 1985 TV for AJPW & NJPW on blu-ray thanks to Rudo Reels

ngF0cgm.jpg

http://rudoreels.com/shop/product-category/bluray/

These sets are excellent, good covers (although the disc art is blank) and great menus - you can watch each episode in its entirety, or skip to a specific match. The footage quality is the best available, I've definitely seen worse quality sets out there, but the best thing is having so much content in a single 2/3 disc set. The AJPW set, for instance, would be 30 discs on DVD, but fits on 3 dual layer blu-rays.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

ngF0cgm.jpg

These sets are excellent, good covers (although the disc art is blank) and great menus - you can watch each episode in its entirety, or skip to a specific match. The footage quality is the best available, I've definitely seen worse quality sets out there, but the best thing is having so much content in a single 2/3 disc set. The AJPW set, for instance, would be 30 discs on DVD, but fits on 3 dual layer blu-rays.

Shit, I picked up 85 and AJPW 87. Looking forward to when they arrive.

I'm sure it works in just any Blu-Ray player, yes? Not just PC drives? Because uh...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
...I guess I just bought the AJPW 90 set. I should have picked all these up at once.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow, I'm kicking myself for this - should have shipped it to Bootaaay so he could rip them then send them to me. I know you got quite the lie-barry over there.

Laserfrog

Imagine Lou Thesz in 1080P HDMI HD 60FPS.

It'd be like looking the man right in the face, it'd be too much to take in all at once. It's a shame Lou Thesz never became a motion picture star, he was big in Japan, he could have co-starred in a Godzilla film.

I feel as if I should get a WiiU and Ps4, it's a shame they don't come together in a single box.

Buff Bagwell was arrested last week in Georgia. No details yet. He was arrested for reckless driving in July 2012.

Today would have been the Ultimate Warrior's 55th birthday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Buff Bagwell was arrested last week in Georgia. No details yet. He was arrested for reckless driving in July 2012.

Well hopefully it's not driving related considering he nearly lost his ability to walk last time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Eh, it's just Buff being Buff. These things are normal for a Georgia boy!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know much about american culture. Are you saying people from Georgia are criminals and scumbags?

Also, check his interview on Art of Wrestling - he's a bit of a bad boy, always has been - one of those crazy hicks with guns upbringing.

I'm going to watch RAW tonight. Probably for the next couple of weeks until MITB because I want to be up to date for our PPV, but I didn't get a chance to watch Smackdown over the weekend, and the draw of live TV is real for me.

Plus I don't feel like doing much Monday evenings, and three hours of sofa time once a week works for my relatively hectic life.

But it's not good... and they put out a better product regularly in NXT and Smackdown (which is no NXT, but it's still a lot better than RAW).

Too many recaps. Too little wrestling. But I do love watching Trips and Steph troll the shit out of everyone. They've been on amazing form of late.

jmdajr

Just googled it. Massive heart attack. Fuckin' steroids. I hope we are now at the point in pro-wrestling when a performer will live to be 75-90 years old and pass away in his sleep surrounded by loved ones.

I hope so man

but it can't be steroids alone. I mean Arnold is still alive. But I do worry for Rock and HHH. They are going hard pretty damn often.

strobogo

Banned
Just googled it. Massive heart attack. Fuckin' steroids. I hope we are now at the point in pro-wrestling when a performer will live to be 75-90 years old and pass away in his sleep surrounded by loved ones.

His dad died around the same age of the same thing. I'm sure steroids are partly to blame, but Warrior's heart probably wasn't going to last into his 60s even without them.

Alucard

Banned
TNA can't get 500 people to retweet a post. Good times.

Props to them for getting positive reviews for the show, but fan interest still isn't there. Gonna take 6-12 months of consistently good programming to get them on people's radar again...but I don't see it happening.

I hope Spike doesn't renew them, but that the guys and gals can all find work.

TNA can't get 500 people to retweet a post. Good times.

Props to them for getting positive reviews for the show, but fan interest still isn't there. Gonna take 6-12 months of consistently good programming to get them on people's radar again...but I don't see it happening.

I hope Spike doesn't renew them, but that the guys and gals can all find work.

they'll be dead in 6-12 months.

jmdajr

I went to one TNA PPV when they still had the multi-sided ring. I think there was at least 2000 folks there if not more.

Funny how people say they have to be different. They were different, and then Hogan and Bischoff made them un-unique. Also interesting how Eric answered no TNA question in the Austin podcast. Like none. It wasn't even brought up.

joelseph

Looking around on the site, they seem to be putting up weekly shows on YouTube. The latest episode has an older match between Lance Storm and Chris Hero.

Wanted to report that the host for Smash's website is extremely quick, I downloaded the SD file very fast. No excuse not to grab the files.

TNA have seemed almost on the brink of collapse at least three times now, it just won't die. It needs to, though - the whole thing is tainted and Spike should look elsewhere for its wrasslin.

It's dumb to point to any one single thing that kills wrestlers young and if I were to speculate I'd say that a lot of the guys who died young were headed for an early grave irrespective of if they became wrestlers or not.

RP912

Banned
The only way tna will survive if they do what wcw try to do before the time warner deal.....reboot.

Do it at bound for glory where the champion at the time cuts a huge promo about how badly the product is what's needed to fix it. The roster comes out and feel the same way...they throw the titles on the ground and start up a crowd chant. Dixie loses her shit and threatens to fire everybody...next thing you know: HERE COMES THE MONEYYYYY. Shane Mcmahon arrives to the arena and announces he's taking over TNA and he's going to kick his dads ass like WCW did in 90s with the help of Uncle Ted.

TNA gets a deal with TNT and Impact comes on Wednesdays at 9pm.

jmdajr

It's dumb to point to any one single thing that kills wrestlers young and if I were to speculate I'd say that a lot of the guys who died young were headed for an early grave irrespective of if they became wrestlers or not.

Well the kind of folks who get into it now are a way different breed than before. There are smartened up in more ways than one.

joelseph

The only way tna will survive if they do what wcw try to do before the time warner deal.....reboot.

Do it at bound for glory where the champion at the time cuts a huge promo about how badly the product is what's needed to fix it. The roster comes out and feel the same way...they throw the titles on the ground and start up a crowd chant. Dixie loses her shit and threatens to fire everybody...next thing you know: HERE COMES THE MONEYYYYY. Shane Mcmahon arrives to the arena and announces he's taking over TNA and he's going to kick his dads ass like WCW did in 90s with the help of Uncle Ted.

TNA gets a deal with TNT and Impact comes on Wednesdays at 9pm.

queue Mellon Collie

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spike should ask for late broadcast of NXT so it remains exclusive for the Network live, then air it later.

It's a heck of a better product.

TNA needs to wake up and realize they were neve competiton for WWE and nevrr will be . Pretending to be WWE got them to this point .

They are an indie fed with a TV deal

RP912

Banned
TNA needs to wake up and realize they were neve competitoj for WWE and need will be . Pretending to be WWE got them to this point .

They are an indie fed with a TV deal

Its crazy how over a decade TNA really were hell bent on trying to compete against the WWE with shit like the VKM, wrestlers doing "shoots" about the product, and other hi-jinks that made fans facepalm. What they should have done was continue to do what made them great....be different. Continue to have gimmick matches out the ass, x division matches, 6 sided rings, knockouts that do matches that'll shame the boys in the back, and goofy russo storylines.

jred2k

Man, Aries is starting to look old in the face. Rubbing your junk on Christy Hemme's face really ages a person.

Edit: James Storm and Anderson looks like it is a screencap from a Bumfights video.

Did anything ever amount from that Tito/Rampage storyline? We got a great .gif out of it, but it never led to a match, did it?

ngF0cgm.jpg

Nice!

I guess it's time to finally educate myself on Japan.

Top Bottom