• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

OK, so I setup a little Google Docs for the Super Ratings based on Zach's Super Ratings based on Main Events/PPVs on the WWE Network so far. We could keep it to just what's on The Network or branch it out to all promotions.

Quote to see

If people are interested (and Zach doesn't mind) in this I'll open up to editing and we can all enter our own ratings into it, to see where our 'tastes' lie!

Sblargh

Banned
I kind of want to give Wticher 1 a go.

How does that game hold up these days? I hear mixed things.

The entire first chapter was always boring as hell, it should be even worse now because the battle system is less fluid than what we get nowadays. The suggestion always is to try to survive the first chapter because the games starts to be fun after that.

I kind of want to give Wticher 1 a go.

How does that game hold up these days? I hear mixed things.

I really enjoyed up until the last 10 hours or so where it started to feel like the developers got tired of the game and decided to throw waves of mobs at you. Play it on easy, it won't tarnish the experience at all, as you'll still see the story and the consequences.

The combat is pretty hit and miss anyway.

Alucard

Banned
No Raw for me tonight. I've decided it's just better to record it, read spoilers, and fast forward to the stuff you actually wanna watch.

Totally agree. Those 3 hour live Raws are too much at 3am in the morning, it's much easier to record and fast forward for the 25 minutes of good stuff.

I rarely watch RAW live anyways and always regret it when I do. I'm just constantly bewildered how it's possible for them to have a 3 hour weekly program, with 4 hours worth of secondary programming as well, and STILL have a ton of wrestlers suffering from a lack of anything to do, a lack of direction and a lack of anything to further their characters in even the slightest way. It's sad.

Alucard

Banned
Listening to LAW talk about Slammiversary. They called it "a good show" as a result of the crowd and the wrestlers putting in work. Plus, Kevin Von Erich showing up and putting the claw on someone.

Still don't care because TNA has a hard time making me want to watch week-to-week. Just don't care about the stories all that much. That's often because if the live crowd doesn't care, I have a hard time caring too.

Aiii

So not worth it
Totally agree. Those 3 hour live Raws are too much at 3am in the morning, it's much easier to record and fast forward for the 25 minutes of good stuff.

This is the only way to watch Raw.

Listening to LAW talk about Slammiversary. They called it "a good show" as a result of the crowd and the wrestlers putting in work. Plus, Kevin Von Erich showing up and putting the claw on someone.

Still don't care because TNA has a hard time making me want to watch week-to-week. Just don't care about the stories all that much. That's often because if the live crowd doesn't care, I have a hard time caring too.

Reasons to boycot TNA: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202281281338106

Alucard

Banned
I rarely watch RAW live anyways and always regret it when I do. I'm just constantly bewildered how it's possible for them to have a 3 hour weekly program, with 4 hours worth of secondary programming as well, and STILL have a ton of wrestlers suffering from a lack of anything to do, a lack of direction and a lack of anything to further their characters in even the slightest way. It's sad.

I agree 100 percent about regretting it when sitting down for the full three hours. I literally feel sad and then annoyed with myself for wasting my time. It's how I felt when I watched Impact live two weeks ago as well. I end up talking to myself.

"Why did I do that?"
"I could've showered already or read a book."
"I could've done the dishes."

Etc.

I just watch ROH on Mondays now since I get early access to their weekly show when it goes online. (Ringside Member) This week's show has two Global Wars matches: Cedric vs. Roderick and Cole vs. Steen.

Aiii

So not worth it
SIERRA
HOTEL
INDIA
ECHO
LIMA
DAD

clipboard01x7ph8.jpg

SMASH Wrestling from Ontario, Canada are giving away downloads for their 'Rival Schools 2014' show for absolutely FREE!!

SMASH Wrestling, "RIVAL SCHOOLS", 2014.06.08
Ontario, Canada

http://smash-wrestling.com/product/rival-schools-2014-digital-download/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QVgcI--Rs

01. Pepper Parks vs. Gregory Iron
02. Alex Vega & Brent Banks vs. Scotty O’Shea & Tyson Dux - the winning team advance to the main event 3-way for the SMASH Championship
03. Vanessa Kraven vs. Cherry Bomb
04. Josh Alexander vs. Kyle O’Reilly
05. The Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno & Player Dos) vs. The Overdogs (Sebastian Suave & John Greed) - Tables Match
06. Michael Elgin vs ACH
07. Chris Hero vs Takaaki Watanabe
08. SMASH Championship 3-Way: Matt Cross (c) vs ??? vs ???

Downloading now, you can get either the SD version (1.6gb) or the HD version (10gb in two parts). Check it out, people! I doubt many here have watched much indie wrestling from Canada before, so how about y'all give a chance to one of the up-and-coming promotions in their scene? I mean, it's FREE, ffs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take the girl on the right over Natalya any day. Get on it WWE.

Women aren't commodities that you can pick and choose, much like clothing. Check your privilege.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Outlined like with a on screen graphic or like they just zoomed all the way in on it.

It was a zoon. I think I could see her cervix.

So Kevin Von Erich did the claw? That's dope, was it wasted on that audience?

jmdajr

Woo Spurs! Too bad I was never in SA whenever they won a championship.
Went there to college and all but always came back home for summer.

jred2k

SMASH Wrestling from Ontario, Canada are giving away downloads for their 'Rival Schools 2014' show for absolutely FREE!!

Ontario, Canada

02. Alex Vega & Brent Banks vs. Scotty O’Shea & Tyson Dux - the winning team advance to the main event 3-way for the SMASH Championship
05. The Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno & Player Dos) vs. The Overdogs (Sebastian Suave & John Greed) - Tables Match
06. Michael Elgin vs ACH

Downloading now, you can get either the SD version (1.6gb) or the HD version (10gb in two parts). Check it out, people! I doubt many here have watched much indie wrestling from Canada before, so how about y'all give a chance to one of the up-and-coming promotions in their scene? I mean, it's FREE, ffs.

I wish I lived closer to Toronto so I could actually get to a show. The roster is a pretty good mix of Canadian and international.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of have an odd situation at home. I have two roommates, one of which is into wrestling but didn't get into it until maybe 2011, 2012 - and even then, strictly WWE. So what I do is I sit in on the living room and watch TV, hit my Chromecast, and put on any kind of wrestling and she'll come out and watch it with me.

So what I'm REALLY saying is I need more Zandig matches to have playing, because she needs this exposure to the God of Ultraviolence. If anyone can feed me their favorite Zandigs, I'll eat them and feed them to others.

joelseph

Thanks for the heads up

Ontario, Canada

06. Michael Elgin vs ACH

Zach

OK, so I setup a little Google Docs for the Super Ratings based on Zach's Super Ratings based on Main Events/PPVs on the WWE Network so far. We could keep it to just what's on The Network or branch it out to all promotions.

Quote to see

If people are interested (and Zach doesn't mind) in this I'll open up to editing and we can all enter our own ratings into it, to see where our 'tastes' lie!

You're a wild man! I don't mind at all. On my spreadsheet, though, I have columns for grades and also standardized points (B+ = 89 points, B = 85 points, etc.) so I can sort overall if I so choose. There may be a better way to do that (or a way to do it with grades), but whatevs.

I'd add a new tab and just paste in what I've got, but I can't figure out how to edit the thing (maybe you've got it locked down?). If I figure it out, you could look at it, decide you hate it, and then just delete it. Wouldn't hurt my feelers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Some FUN Slammiversary facts courtesy of the 'sheets:
- TNA was still selling merchandise for Hulk Hogan, Sting and AJ Styles at Slammiversary last night.

- An estimated 2,500 fans attended Slammiversary in Dallas last night. 5,000 attended two years ago when TNA was there.

- It's worth noting that TNA told fans on Twitter yesterday that they would reveal the Slammiversary opener if fans would re-tweet the post 500 times. Over an hour in and at last I saw, they only had 263 re-tweets before deleting the post.

- Tigre Uno's entrance in the X Division Ladder Match went long because one of the clowns on stilts that came out with The Menagerie fell down and the crew had to drag him off the stage.

Worked though...

All those people there to see Rebel...

All I can find on the net are randomly taken photos during a live stream... =_=

It's worth noting that TNA told fans on Twitter yesterday that they would reveal the Slammiversary opener if fans would re-tweet the post 500 times. Over an hour in and at last I saw, they only had 263 re-tweets before deleting the post.

Ha ha ha! Hilarious!

Bowser

- It's worth noting that TNA told fans on Twitter yesterday that they would reveal the Slammiversary opener if fans would re-tweet the post 500 times. Over an hour in and at last I saw, they only had 263 re-tweets before deleting the post.

l-o-fucking-l

Carnby

It's worth noting that TNA told fans on Twitter yesterday that they would reveal the Slammiversary opener if fans would re-tweet the post 500 times. Over an hour in and at last I saw, they only had 263 re-tweets before deleting the post.

Come on! Surely TNA has more than 500 fans.

Browny

Banned
Just finished watching Shibata vs Ishii from last year's G1. Ouch - just ouch. Really enjoyed the strikes, and the ref and crowd really helped the drama to unfold. But what was nice to see was an STF and a sleeper being legitimate-looking holds to finish the match. A big contrast to the finisher-fest that is WWE...

Now I need a suggestion for tomorrow lunchtime's viewing...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished watching Shibata vs Ishii from last year's G1. Ouch - just ouch. Really enjoyed the strikes, and the ref and crowd really helped the drama to unfold. But what was nice to see was an STF and a sleeper being legitimate-looking holds to finish the match. A big contrast to the finisher-fest that is WWE...

Now I need a suggestion for tomorrow lunchtime's viewing...

Okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZlNO6t4doE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't think TNA is any closer to death than it has the past month. Those Sheetz Facts though made me feel bad.

Top Bottom