• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately not, as I'm watching on PS4 - the quality is better than anything you'll find on youtube, very clean, uncompressed and obviously from a near-original source.

Dope. I should just shut up and wait, mine should arrive any day now. Always dreamed of this kind of SD content, packed to the gills on Blu-Ray.

I love the story by I think Russo where no one in WCW could fire meng because they were scared he would beat the crap out of them .

Meng should have been canacho bodyguard

real talk: old school long hair Arlovski would be a better Rusev than Rusev is. fantastic look, over with the ladies immediately:

14323.jpg
RackMultipart.14228.0_crop_340x234.jpg
wide.jpg
arlovski1.jpg

Was Umaga a 'legit' tough guy? I feel like he was sort of getting there at one point, but then I was just sick of seeing him when he became Vince McMahon's lackey.

Aiii

So not worth it
From Mookie on the F4W Boards:
I am working on a list of talent released by WWE (or whose contract lapsed) over the past ten years:

2014 (so far): Drew McIntyre, Curt Hawkins, JTG, Brodus Clay, Yoshi Tatsu, Ezekiel Jackson, Aksana, Mason Ryan, Evan Bourne, Jinder Mahal, Camacho, Mistico, Teddy Long, Kaitlyn, Oliver Grey, Danny Birch, Shaul Guerrero

2013: Chris Jericho, Ted DiBiase Jr, Eve Torres, Matt Striker, Trent Barreta, Percy Watson, Derrick Bateman, Kassius Ohno, Audrey Marie, Sakamoto

2012: Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly, Tyler Reks, Maxine, Kenneth Cameron, Kharma, Andy Leavine, Bella Twins

2011: John Morrison, Edge (retired), Chavo Guerrero Jr, Chris Masters, Melina, Michelle McCool, DH Smith, Vladimir Kozlov, Fit Finlay, Maryse, Kenny Dykstra, Gail Kim, Derrick Neikirk, Lucky Cannon, Jacob Novak, Jackson Andrews

2010: Batista, Shelton Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Carlito, Shawn Michaels (retired), Charlie Haas, Hurricane Helms, Jimmy Yang, Sho Funaki, Ray Gordy, Mickie James, Mike Knox, Luke Gallows, Jillian Hall, Paul Burchill, Maria, MVP, Shad, Caylen Croft, Eric Escobar, Katie Lea, Kaval, Tiffany, Vance Archer, Savannah, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Serena

2009: Jamie Noble, Tommy Dreamer, Victoria, Brian Kendrick, Bradshaw, Ken Kennedy, Colt Cabana, Candice Michelle, The Boogeyman, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Sim Snuka, Jay Bradley, Kizarny, Ricky Ortiz, Shane McMahon, DJ Gabriel, D-Lo Brown, Manu, Colin Delaney, Bam Neely, Kevin Thorn, Matt Cappotelli, Gavin Spears, Tazz, Mike Kruel

2008: Jim Duggan, Trevor Murdoch, Paul London, Lance Cade, Gene Snitsky, Val Venis, Hardcore Holly, Nunzio, Ric Flair (retired), Big Daddy V, Stevie Richards, Shannon Moore, Robbie McAllister, Rory McAllister, Mick Foley, Super Crazy, Chuck Palumbo, Domino, Balls Mahoney, Ashley, Jonathan Coachman, Elijah Burke, James Curtis, Armando Estrada

2007: Cryme Tyme, Chris Masters, Nick Dinsmore, Rob Van Dam, Scott Taylor, Booker T, Daivari, Joey Mercury, Rob Conway, Sylvain Grenier, Rene Dupree, Rosey, Torrie Wilson, Mike Mondo, Johnny Jeter, Bobby Lashley, Test, Sabu, Big Vito, The Sandman, Tatanka, Gymini, Roadkill, Johnny Swinger, Slyvester Terkay, Idol Stevens, 2 Cold Scorpio, Bill DeMott, Ariel, Paul Heyman, Seth Skyfire, Angel Williams, Krissy Vaine, Shantelle Taylor, Al Snow (wrestling contract, still worked at OVW), Jazz, Rodney Mack, Tony Mamaluke, Gangrel, Sonny Siaki, Ryan Reeves, Jack Bull, Mike Taylor, Tracy Taylor, Tony Salantri, Thomas Farra, CW Anderson, Danny Basham, Doug Basham, Chris Benoit (suicide)

2006: Trish Stratus, Lita, Animal, Kurt Angle, Orlando Jordan, Jon Heidenreich, Simon Dean, Billy Kidman, Antonio Thomas, Chad Wicks, Danny Doring, Psicosis, Francine, Kid Kash, Romeo, Juventud, Tank Toland, Brent Albright, Goldust, Tyson Tomko, Stacy Keibler, The Boogeyman, Justin Credible, Palmer Cannon

2005: Christian, Charlie Haas, Jackie Gayda, Mark Jindrak, Rhyno, Spike Dudley, Molly Holly, Luther Reigns, Maven, D-Von Dudley, Bubba Ray Dudley, Muhammad Hassan, Kenzo Suzuki, Dawn Marie, Christy Hemme, Matt Morgan, Lance Storm, Jackie Gayda, Joey Matthews, Chris Jericho, Akio, Eddie Guerrero (died)

Some of these wrestlers have returned (Batista, Christian, Damien Sandow, Jericho, etc). I know there's a lot of developmental talent that I left off (and peripheral talent such as referees). A few guys "retired" and some legends (like Hogan or Slaughter or Ron Simmons or Terry Funk) have came & went, but I was focusing more on regular talent. There's also guys (like Cappotelli) who hung around for years before they were cut despite almost never being on the road for WWE.

Was Umaga a 'legit' tough guy? I feel like he was sort of getting there at one point, but then I was just sick of seeing him when he became Vince McMahon's lackey.

Totally. As easy as it is to go on about how crap his finisher was, or how bad his booking was post Last Man Standing against Cena, the number of big names he rolled through before then was impressive, and the guy was great in the ring.

Not great for a guy his size, just legitimately great.

real talk: old school long hair Arlovski would be a better Rusev than Rusev is. fantastic look, over with the ladies immediately:

14323.jpg
RackMultipart.14228.0_crop_340x234.jpg
wide.jpg
arlovski1.jpg

This is my bias here, but when I think of "monster" I don't think of a guy who's physique is cut up like that. I think of someone like Dr. Death. Just a big dood who is thick and looks like he will kick your ass. No doubt that Arlovski is strong and knows what he is doing, but a monster heel is something that I just don't see.

Samoa Joe is a great example of a fattie who was legit tough just 'because' and then TNA tried to make him SUPER LEGIT TOUGH and he just looked like an idiot with that facepaint on.

Bloody towel was fine, tribal tattoo facepaint... not so much.

Do you like the Miz?

It was for the best. It would have been a bit of insult for Joe, and the character turned out alright without him, at least at first anyway.

Oh no Miz is back? Ergh. He the new Shield guy??!!

Sid

Samoa Joe is a great example of a fattie who was legit tough just 'because' and then TNA tried to make him SUPER LEGIT TOUGH and he just looked like an idiot with that facepaint on.

Bloody towel was fine, tribal tattoo facepaint... not so much.

Oh no Miz is back? Ergh. He the new Shield guy??!!
lolWHAT?

Why is the Miz back? who asked Mr. Mizanin to come back?

Hey, I have no idea that he is, but he was out shooting The Marine 4 with Summer, and she's back. And they're in Miz country tonight or something.

So even if he isn't back tonight, he's due back really soon.

And sue me, I like the Miz. I have since the very early days. I saw one of his very first matches at a Smackdown taping in Worcester MA back when they were pushing him way too hard for where he was in the ring.

The guy has worked really hard for the WWE. I don't know that it's ever been easy for him but he's done well with everything that fell on his shoulders imho.

Black Tiger hit an elbow drop that made me wonder why everyone tries to do it Macho's way - Black Tiger climbs up the turnbuckles with his back to his opponent, then jumps backwards off the top with his elbow out and rolls through as it hits. Looks great.

Black Tiger hit an elbow drop that made me wonder why everyone tries to do it Macho's way - Black Tiger climbs up the turnbuckles with his back to his opponent, then jumps backwards off the top with his elbow out and rolls through as it hits. Looks great.

I feel like I've seen that in a wrestling game.

jred2k

That is some top tier neckbearding there. He has almost zero hair growing above his chin. Dude really needs a tipped fedora to bring it home, though.

Still, the most embarrassing thing about that photo is being happy to be seen with the Miz.

Zeb Colter ‏@WWEZeb 12m
TONIGHT IN #WWECleveland for #RAW...NEVER TRUST AN IMMIGRANT ESPECIALLY RUSSIANS. SPEAK ENGLISH. @WWE @LanaWWE @RusevBUL

This is my bias here, but when I think of "monster" I don't think of a guy who's physique is cut up like that. I think of someone like Dr. Death. Just a big dood who is thick and looks like he will kick your ass. No doubt that Arlovski is strong and knows what he is doing, but a monster heel is something that I just don't see.

you're attached to the old ways. being attached to the old ways is why the WWE is dying. why does the monster heel needs to be a huge, fat, mean looking dude? why not try something new and have the monster heel be a tall, athletic, ripped, lean, good looking guy like in old school action movies?

look at horse meat era Reem:

mma_overeem_200.jpg

alistairovereem_2190017b.jpg

a heel that looks like this would be great and a welcome change. closer to it is Orton when he's heel.

you're attached to the old ways. being attached to the old ways is why the WWE is dying. why does the monster heel needs to be a huge, fat, mean looking dude? why not try something new and have the monster heel be a tall, athletic, ripped, lean, good looking guy like in old school action movies?

look at horse meat era Reem:

mma_overeem_200.jpg

alistairovereem_2190017b.jpg

a heel that looks like this would be great and a welcome change. closer to it is Orton when he's heel.

he'd be a tweener, because the ladies would be fully behind him.

Psst he's #93

ARE YOU SAYING I CAN'T READ OR COUNT?

Because maybe I can't.

Top Bottom