• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

http://i.minus.com/ib1p7rg5D4fnVc.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

At this point I think Kane substituting the chokeslam for a flamin' hot peperoni pizza to the face would be a more reliable finisher for him, I mean that sauce can really scald when fresh from the oven.
So basically what I'm saying is he's reached a level of jobberdom I haven't seen since like 2009, good show WWE.

jred2k

Yes, but he is mean backstage. :(
And he says mean things about not being pushed on twitter. :( :(
So the fans will have to quiet down, because teaching Ziggler how to be humble takes priority.

Saying "mean" is disingenuous. He says dumb shit. If you stood up at a company party and started yelling about how you should get a promotion do you really think your employers would reward that? Granted, a certain amount of it is out of his control, but most other guys that have put their heads down and just put in work usually get rewarded in some way. Cesaro and Bryan are two recent examples. Cesaro didn't start whining on social media when he had to yodel, he just kept going out and putting on good performances and eventually things started to work out for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lunchtime viewing - Ibushi vs Nakamura as recommended by Sunny.

A nice start, feeling each other out, Nakamura being a cocky so-and-so, before dishing out some beats, and then Ibushi's beautiful springboard dropkick... In fact, Ibushi's kicks full stop are rather awesome. Nice Last Ride / Batista Bomb too! Looks as though he spiked his head quite nastily on the Phoenix splash afterwards. Then Nakamura stomping some mudholes, only for Ibushi to come out swinging. Nice finishing sequence too.

Also, no-one's posted Yoshi Tatsu's music, which is a crime in itself. Does he have any decent NJPW matches to his name?

Glad you enjoyed it. Thought I linked Ibushi vs Okada though...those two have great chemistry.

I've honestly never seen anything impressive from Tatsu from Japan. He felt like a middle-tier talent, nothing really worth watching - but if anyone can find something good to see (hell, I saw a Greg Valentine match that was good once) it'll be Boots.

RP912

Banned
Yes, but he is mean backstage. :(
And he says mean things about not being pushed on twitter. :( :(
So the fans will have to quiet down, because teaching Ziggler how to be humble takes priority.

In a way I don't blame ziggler for expressing his mind on the subject of not getting a push, but dude pushes buttons hard. At least Phillip Brooks knew when to shut up. Ziggler is amazing in the ring but eventually you got to adapt to a shit sandwich until you get caviar.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ziggler flippetyflops really well.

He utterly sucks on the mic, and is a mediocre wrestler in anything other than overselling moves.

He's enhancement talent and that's as far as he's gonna go unless he dramatically changes how he works matches and suddenly becomes an interesting guy to listen to.

Browny

Banned
Cesaro didn't start whining on social media when he had to yodel, he just kept going out and putting on good performances and eventually things started to work out for him.

Also helped that he could yodel like a mofo.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thought I linked Ibushi vs Okada though...those two have great chemistry.

I've honestly never seen anything impressive from Tatsu from Japan. He felt like a middle-tier talent, nothing really worth watching - but if anyone can find something good to see (hell, I saw a Greg Valentine match that was good once) it'll be Boots.

Ibushi vs Okada tomorrow then!

Saying "mean" is disingenuous. He says dumb shit. If you stood up at a company party and started yelling about how you should get a promotion do you really think your employers would reward that? Granted, a certain amount of it is out of his control, but most other guys that have put their heads down and just put in work usually get rewarded in some way. Cesaro and Bryan are two recent examples. Cesaro didn't start whining on social media when he had to yodel, he just kept going out and putting on good performances and eventually things started to work out for him.

One of the best ways to get over in the WWE is to embrace whatever wacky shit they make you do. You don't have to watch much of the product to know that.

jred2k

A few thoughts from Raw after catching up on YouTube:

Star Dust could be great. Cody seems really in to making it work and him getting to be a weirdo should be a lot of fun. My one reservation about it is the commentary team. They couldn't even go the first night without constantly saying its Cody in face paint. They can't control themselves from basically saying "look at this stupid asshole" and it kills any momentum before it gets going.

I also finally figured out what I really dislike about Cena. Well, there is a lot of shit about Cena to hate, but the part that bugs me most is that not always both outsmarts his opponents and outpowers them. Even if I had never seen a Cena feud before I could never believe he's actually in peril because his opponent never gets the upperhand for long enough to make it believable. Kane looked like a fucking idiot last night and the Wyatts have looked like 1960's Batman henchmen the entire feud. Actually, now that I think about it, Cena should get BAM! and BLAT! popping on screen during his matches. That would be far more entertaining than what we get now.

PInk Tape

Banned
ib1p7rg5D4fnVc.gif
Bravo.

jmdajr

A few thoughts from Raw after catching up on YouTube:

Star Dust could be great. Cody seems really in to making it work and him getting to be a weirdo should be a lot of fun. My one reservation about it is the commentary team. They couldn't even go the first night without constantly saying its Cody in face paint. They can't control themselves from basically saying "look at this stupid asshole" and it kills any momentum before it gets going.

I also finally figured out what I really dislike about Cena. Well, there is a lot of shit about Cena to hate, but the part that bugs me most is that not always both outsmarts his opponents and outpowers them. Even if I had never seen a Cena feud before I could never believe he's actually in peril because his opponent never gets the upperhand for long enough to make it believable.

Cena man. Even Hulkamania was never this powerful.

Aiii

So not worth it
I also finally figured out what I really dislike about Cena. Well, there is a lot of shit about Cena to hate, but the part that bugs me most is that not always both outsmarts his opponents and outpowers them. Even if I had never seen a Cena feud before I could never believe he's actually in peril because his opponent never gets the upperhand for long enough to make it believable.

You mean you can't believe the guy who's "worst year ever" involved headlining Mania, winning Money in the Bank and beating Brock Lesnar clean would ever lose against midcard talent like THE DEMON KANE? I am SHOCKED!

I kind of feel Stardust should use a different colour scheme to Goldust, otherwise i'm on board for this and really want it to be an actual thing for Cody because gimmick Cody is best Cody.

Who's Kane? Oh wait, you mean THE DEMON KANE?!
I don't think WWE understand what "DEMON" is supposed to entail.

Highlight of the night for me. The matches seemed longer than usual last night. Good thing we ended with such a savage AA onto the padded stretcher. Kane looked so comfortable there was no way he wanted to get up from that.

Good Guy Glenn showing his age, he needs his breathers every now and then match losses be damned.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Dick Slater - Champion's Carnival FINAL - (AJPW 1980/05/01)

He wasn't even out of his young lion phase when he left for WWE, so we never really got to see the best of him - he had a real good match with Koji Kanemoto in the 2006 G1, but I can't find a link, unfortunately. Most of his better matches were tagging with Tanahashi or Nagata, but try these matches against Shinsuke and Goto.

jred2k

You mean you can't believe the guy who's "worst year ever" involved headlining Mania, winning Money in the Bank and beating Brock Lesnar clean would ever lose against midcard talent like THE DEMON KANE? I am SHOCKED!

I know how futile it is to whine about "lol Cena wins" at this point, but when it literally drags down every other aspect of the product it's unavoidable. I'm usually pretty good about ignoring it, but every six months or so it climaxes and I get really discouraged.

RP912

Banned
lololol at cody ripping off willow. Stardust is the best thing going for the wwe next to the repo man while willow is jeff hardy's attempt to outhardy himself.

Apparently Ian Rotten says Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) will be in the 2014 IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational tournament this September. Gonna be great to have Sydal back on the indies, hope he wrestles Danny Cannon and other flippy dudes who have been making a name for themselves since Sydal left.

Awww shit, Dirty Dick. Watch Later it is.

It's not the best Jumbo match you'll ever see, but Slater's damn great at heeling it up and getting the crowd going against him.

RP912

Banned
The only thing that some folks in the youtube community said that was accurate was when NAO ripped off the dumb and dumber bit from bad influence.

Smh I miss bad influence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember if I asked this or not, because I was going to then people got fired, but:

Who from WWE would you love to see fired...just so you could see what they do in the indies?

I know how futile it is to whine about "lol Cena wins" at this point, but when it literally drags down every other aspect of the product it's unavoidable. I'm usually pretty good about ignoring it, but every six months or so it climaxes and I get really discouraged.

It's annoying when he does it to make the talent that's been build up look like shit. The Wyatt's had clean wins over Bryan/The Shield who were 2 of the most protected entities in the company then Cena effortless beats them all up 3 on 1 at multiple PPVs including the biggest of the year. Last night he managed to make the Shield look weak, Orton look weak, and Kane (along with Bryan by extension) look weak. He's put himself over everybody who's been built up and who the fans react well to over the last few months which makes it incredibly hard to care about anybody.

PInk Tape

Banned
Some people in the comments are claiming he's ripping off Willow. Absolutely disgusting.

This clip looks like something special friends, should I watch Raw? I recorded it just in case.

If that isn't reaching then I don't know what is.
JNWCN8S.jpg

I can't remember if I asked this or not, because I was going to then people got fired, but:

Who from WWE would you love to see fired...just so you could see what they do in the indies?

I was going to say Mark Henry but since Aiii beat me to it I think I might go with Ziggler or Alicia.

Raw sickened me last night. Reigns is supposed to be a babyface, yet he's cowardly slipping unknown substances in women's drinks? He's apparently getting that big push sooner than later, ready or not. The only doubt in my mind is that Cena is in the MitB match. My worst nightmare is Reigns coming out on top in that one and then Cena staying in the ring to clap/shake his hand.

Stardust was alot of fun though.

Cagey

Banned
I wanted Mark Henry to show up at an ROH PPV in Hammerstein and just murder everyone.

He'd be the biggest face ever. It would be the best.

Raw sickened me last night. Reigns is supposed to be a babyface, yet he's cowardly slipping unknown substances in women's drinks?

#strouded

jmdajr

Raw sickened me last night. Reigns is supposed to be a babyface, yet he's cowardly slipping unknown substances in women's drinks? He's apparently getting that big push sooner than later, ready or not. The only doubt in my mind is that Cena is in the MitB match. My worst nightmare is Reigns coming out on top in that one and then Cena staying in the ring to clap/shake his hand.

Stardust was alot of fun though.

Man what noble thoughts. All I thought was Steph looked too cute for me to see her in such disarray.

The Miz vs Necro Butcher

I'd love to see Mark Henry in Japan.

Yeah, that could definitely work. I honestly think Ziggler would fit in well with New Japan's current style, also.

Cagey said:
I wanted Mark Henry to show up at an ROH PPV in Hammerstein and just murder everyone.

He'd be the biggest face ever. It would be the best.

I've always kinda wanted Cena to do that. He'd be the biggest heel ever.

jred2k

It might seem by last night, but I'd love to see Cody Rhodes on the indies. He is obviously a solid in-ring performer, but what I really would want to see is him given the freedom to create whatever character he wants. It would also be interesting to take the current incarnation of Triple H and transplant him to the indies. It would be cool to see how he'd adapt his character to a smaller, smart audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Miz vs Necro Butcher

I want Miz vs Zandig Prime, 2002. Or Kofi vs Zandig Prime. Goddddamn.

But now I'm getting into the "someone please hurt these people" mode.

I would legitimately enjoy seeing Santino vs Cabana.

RP912

Banned

For some sick reason I want to see triple h in something like czw. I just want to see a match with him and zandig.

Top Bottom