• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

njean777

They're definitely putting the titles on a heel as Bryan's gonna challenge for 'em as soon as he's back. I think Orton's too obvious (and too boring). If I had to guess they're going to Bray or Del Rio. Too early for Cesaro who has a built in feud with Lesnar coming soon.

I doubt Del Rio, Bray makes more sense, but the WWE doesn't like to make sense a lot of the time (big reason I like it).

DMczaf

Why do Madden and NBA2K have free weekly roster updates for the entire season, but WWE games never do when they only have like 10% of the amount of people to keep track of?

I have no idea what they are doing with Cody Rhodes. I guess it's entertaining but it seems like a waste.

Well, rest of the show was good i guess. I really liked Reigns, is whole attitude and the way he manipulated Vickie to get to the battle royal was nicely done. Shows he is clever and does whatever he wants. He is also getting great reactions.

Ambrose vs Rollins segments were also great but it seems like they don't have a lot of heat, it's a shame but I'm not hopeful of their future. Their songs aren't great and it's clear Reigns is the important one since he even kept the music. Him not helping Ambrose feels weird but it's one of those things.

I'm really curious to see how the ladder match will unfold. It really can go a number of ways and it's interesting to see what they are going to do. It's all in the open and I just hope Cena doesn't win them. Unless Bryan comes back and takes it from him. Doubtful.

Given the circumstances they are doing a nice job.

I basically agree with all of this. WWE should license the the instrumental to Little Cream Soda by The White Stripes and give it to Rollins or Ambrose.

Why do Madden and NBA2K have free weekly roster updates for the entire season, but WWE games never do when they only have like 10% of the amount of people to keep track of?
That would require competence. This is a game series whose last installment touted 2 counts as a NEW FEATURE

Sblargh

Banned
some link someone posted earlier said:
The Rainbow Express debuted on TNA. They were a homosexual gimmick tag team that were booked as heels, due to the TNA target audience at the time (southern folk). This results in face commentator Don West making awkward homophobic remarks, whilst heel commentator Ed Ferrara sounded educated and tolerant. Keep in mind that the Rainbow Express was introduced AFTER the cousin fucking Dupps which the commentators didn't seem to mind much.
TNA had a phase of terrible penis-related gimmicks; Richard and Rod, The Johnsons, were literally a pair of wrestling cocks, managed by Mortimer Plumtree; whilst The Hot Shots (first appearances in the company for future Raven follower Cassidy Riley and future Natural Chase Stevens) wrestled with giant bulges in their pants (really tubesocks jammed into their tights). The latter team cut a promo that consisted solely of the following: "We're pricks. We are proud. And we are protruding!" then proceeded to grab their nether regions.
The first month of weekly PPVs featured a midget match on nearly every show. The short lived midget division consisted of a number of midgets including: Puppet, a psychotic dwarf who threatened to kill other midgets and also was infamously shown masturbating in a trash can before asking backstage interviewer Goldylocks if she wanted some of his "porridge"; Meatball, an obese midget; and Teo, an "extreme" midget who once tried to force his way onto one of the cagedancers.

Is this for real?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Because all of the people in NBA and Madden wear the same outfits and the models aren't really that different from each other.

VuwXIYF.jpg
dat effort

Sblargh

Banned
wikipedia said:
The Blondes were taken off television[1] in the same month following protests from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, who threatened to organize a boycott of WCW, claiming that "The character of Lenny is presented with the intention to incite the crowd to the most base homophobic behavior" and "the audience's reaction [to Lenny Lane and Lodi being physically attacked by other wrestlers] gives permission to viewers to do harm to gay people in a very literal way.".[7]

They returned as "Standards and Practices", a censorious duo who opposed the "adult themes" present in WCW. In a drastic departure from their previous appearance, they wore designer suits, carried briefcases and were accompanied by a secretary, Miss Hancock. She would often stand in the ring or on the announcers table and do a sultry dance.

Oh fuck you wrestling.

If you're enjoying that TNA list, check out the CZW follies list;

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=CZW_Follies

*edit, lol;

Bruno Sammartino was advertised to appear as a special guest at ringside and periodic in ring updates were made, unfortunately the final update announced that he had gotten lost on his way to the arena. To this day Bruno never managed to find his way to the arena.

Could you imagine Bruno at a CZW show in 2002? Holy shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're enjoying that TNA list, check out the CZW follies list;

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=CZW_Follies

*edit, lol;

Bruno Sammartino was advertised to appear as a special guest at ringside and periodic in ring updates were made, unfortunately the final update announced that he had gotten lost on his way to the arena. To this day Bruno never managed to find his way to the arena.

Could you imagine Bruno at a CZW show in 2002? Holy shit.

Going down this rabbit hole now. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god.

While running around the ring and carrying a bundle of light tubes Ed O'Mac tripped over a pile of brown chairs he couldn't see in the dark. The end result was a missed spot and a severely cut hand. Ed recieved medical attention consisting of a band-aid and a cold hot dog "for the swelling". Someone forgot the disk containing all the entrance themes so most themes that day were made up of what ever CD's Chad Shaft had in his '87 Lincoln Towncar, which would later help light the show.

In a match against Drew Gulak and Andy Sumner, Nick Gage came to the ring with dinner he purchased from Burger King and happily ate his meal on the apron as the match was going on. One of his burgers was knocked into the crowd by Justice Pain during the match, infuriating a hungry Gage. The H8 Club was scheduled to face off against the Kings of Wrestling in the Tag Team tournament finals, but Pain announced that Nick Gage had left the building. His replacement was Human Tornado, who had already lost a match in the tournament and had no prior history with Pain. Once Pain realized this, he walked out halfway through the match.

kiguel182

He's always loved that shit. Like they said (seriously) over 20 times in the King of Kings DVD, he's a "student of the game."

Vince also loves that shit too. But he knows it's not what he makes money on. Triple H has put on some of the best matches of his career this year.

On Jericho's book he also talks about his WM match with HHH where he told him "let's have a wrestling match now" or something like that in relation to the Hogan vs Rock match being just a spectacle and not pure wrestling.

This is not something new.

RP912

Banned
friends, i miss Goldberg.

iNECz3w2TpNXJ.gif

I never cared for goldberg but goddammit his theme song was godtier. Dude came out with the pyro spraying all over his body and smoke coming out of his nose while the crowd chants goldberg. I would be shitting in my boots if I was the opponent. He didn't have matches...he held sacrifices.

Aiii

So not worth it
More like, Aiii figured you guys know what he meant and wasn't sure what each individual part was called in English and whatever, it is still gross regardless.

You guys are tiring sometimes you know that. :)

jmdajr

Can't say I'm a fan of the Tattoos. Still didn't stop me from marrying my wife. Luckily she only has one and it's not a stupid tramp stamp.

Well for one, if it's fully visible in a thong then it isn't a "private area". Even if it were, provided that you're going to a clean shop and doing proper after-care then there isn't anything gross about tattoos in any location.

Jamie OD

What would make a difference between Shield and current Ambrose, Reigns, and Rollins?

Rollins theme? Just take a knife to the disc, and it'll be close enough.

Just little things like Seth being introduced as a member of The Shield and being part of the team by default.

Aiii

So not worth it
Some wrestling news to change things up:
WWE head writer Jay Gibson was fired by Vince McMahon over the past few days, according to a report at PWTorch.com. It’s unclear whether he was let go on Friday or over the weekend, but last night’s RAW was the first WWE television show written without Gibson’s input.

Glad to see they recognised the writing has been shit.

Top Bottom