• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117094757&postcount=703

kvzKm2B.png

What, they don't like a bunch of people backseat developing all of their games?

Cliffy, I'll let you in on a secret. I avoid your games like the plague and think you're an insuferable cunt with his head inserted squarely up his own asshole. The sort of self-important prick who feels the need to comment on everything and anything, if only to detract from the fact that he's a one-hit wonder hack.

I can't wait for these developers to realise that PR works both ways and acting like a prize tit on twitter does little to endear you to the gaming public.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The WWE Network is another example of the WWE doing something half-assed. People want access to your library, not small piece-meal bites. With all of those thousands of hours, they're being very conservative in their rollout of the footage. People want WWE Netflix, not an actual network.

The WWE Network is another example of the WWE doing something half-assed. People want access to your library, not small piece-meal bites. With all of those thousands of hours, they're being very conservative in their rollout of the footage. People want WWE Netflix, not an actual network.

You're bang on the money here Soul - I don't want random old episodes of RAW that WWE deem to be classics, I want whole goddamn seasons so I can watch the PPVs in context with RAW, Smack down, Heat, etc. Also, where the hell's the territory footage? Mid-South TV, please.

Aiii

So not worth it

I disagree. For one, putting everything they have on at once will have people complaining "THEY DON'T ADD ANYTHING EVER" constantly. Right now, there's a daily content feed of anwhere between 4-8 new programs to watch.

Secondly, Netflix doesn't add everything all at once. Yes, they do a full season of OITNB all at once, but outside of those I can only name about 5 shows that are uploaded per episode as they air, the rest of the shows get new seasons anywhere between a few months to a year after airing on TV/being released on DVD. So I'm not entirely sure what "WWE Netflix" is supposed to mean.

I'm not asking for EVERYTHING, but I'm asking for 'Seasons' at a time. They basically treat the product like a TV show anyway. Netflix wouldn't upload Season 2 Episode 5 of Archer and nothing else. They upload the entire Season to Stream.

WWE have 30+ years of history to share, and yet they're sharing so little and very little of it connects to each other outside of the PPVs.

Right now, there's a daily content feed of anwhere between 4-8 new programs to watch.

And it's been well over a month now since any of those new programs have included old-school content. Countdown is shit, they're running out of roundtables and the live feed is plagued by too much Legend's House. I haven't watched the network in weeks and, when I do, it's stuttering every 30 seconds or so, but during a PPV it works fine...almost as if they're throttling the bandwidth.

At least they started out adding RAW episodes in order from the beginning, but they seemed to have abandoned that idea and now just add random 'classic' episodes. Meh.

Sblargh

Banned
Speaking of the network, I am not being able to watch stuff on it now. :(

Is it down? Have they plugged whatever hole Unblock-Us uses?

Aiii

So not worth it
I believe they're still adding sequential Raw's though, they're up to November of 1994 now.

Speaking of the network, I am not being able to watch stuff on it now. :(

Is it down? Have they plugged whatever hole Unblock-Us uses?

Working just fine.

Gaming sides problem is the noise to signal ratio where you have a bunch of kids and manchildren saying stupid shit and repeating bad jokes and advice from Reddit.

I dont think gaming side deserves as much shit as it gets because there are some good posters. They are just lost in a sea of shit

It's why none of them want to post in Gaming as often as they do in Community.

Sblargh

Banned
Somehow Rollins music is even more Sonic 2's final boss theme.

Watched Main Event, thoughts:

Ambrose looking real good in his new... well, outfit, I guess. Also, his character will be awesome (I hope) as a psychopat who has just been betrayed.

Paige vs Naomi was kind of awkward. It looked a bit too much scripted at times. The post match shenanigans were fun, tho. Paige is starting to show personality, I hope it's not too late.

Usos/Sheamus vs The Wyatts was good. The Usos and The Family are putting on good matches every time I see them together.

Note regarding smackdown spoilers:
Paige lost on ME; Usos/Sheamus both lost on ME; BNB loses on Smackdown. Everyone who holds a title lost this week.

PInk Tape

Banned
Ruined Dean Ambrose for "y'all", but it's made him even better to me. I'm going to imagine he's actually Cliffy amBrose from now on.
Look what you've done, you monster.

They look so similar. It's eerie.
Are we sure that Cliffy isn't a wrestler?
Ambrose v AmBrose at SS to find out who the real Ambrose is. Book it Vince.

WrassleGAF I have confession to make, go easy on me.

I can't get into Firefly, and I find it hard to enjoy or like the vast majority of Josh Whedon's work. I liked Buffy up to Season 4 and Angel had it's moments, but I just don't get the cult following he has.

I guess TV Networks don't get it either considering nearly all his shows are canned before they get a chance to finish. Also Alien Resurrection. Avengers wasn't too bad, I guess, but the more I think about the more The Hulk saved that movie.

EDIT

Basically I'm watching Firefly on Netflix and I'm just meh...

Hasney

I disagree. For one, putting everything they have on at once will have people complaining "THEY DON'T ADD ANYTHING EVER" constantly. Right now, there's a daily content feed of anwhere between 4-8 new programs to watch.

Secondly, Netflix doesn't add everything all at once. Yes, they do a full season of OITNB all at once, but outside of those I can only name about 5 shows that are uploaded per episode as they air, the rest of the shows get new seasons anywhere between a few months to a year after airing on TV/being released on DVD. So I'm not entirely sure what "WWE Netflix" is supposed to mean.

Eh, they don't need to add everything, but a faster pace for sure and get that Monday Night Wars shit up already.

I'll probably re-subscribe around Wrestlemania time and be able to gorge on a lot more ECW, hopefully Nitro, Monday Night Wars and Raw when it started to actually get good by that point.

Sblargh

Banned
WrassleGAF I have confession to make, go easy on me.

I can't get into Firefly, and I find it hard to enjoy or like the vast majority of Josh Whedon's work. I liked Buffy up to Season 4 and Angel had it's moments, but I just don't get the cult following he has.

I guess TV Networks don't get it either considering nearly all his shows are canned before they get a chance to finish. Also Alien Resurrection. Avengers wasn't too bad, I guess, but the more I think about the more The Hulk saved that movie.

EDIT

Basically I'm watching Firefly on Netflix and I'm just meh...

It's ok to have bad taste. It doesn't make you a bad person.

It's pretty annoying that they stopped adding ECW Hardcore TV episodes at May 2, 1995. They haven't added a new episode in weeks. What the fuck are they doing?

Hasney

It's pretty annoying that they stopped adding ECW Hardcore TV episodes at May 2, 1995. They haven't added a new episode in weeks. What the fuck are they doing?

I know. I really want them to get to the Taz/Sabu feud leading up to the first PPV already. Plus I don't think Dreamer has had his cane match with Sandman yet, which will lead into the start of the Raven feud and addition of Belluah. We're not getting the good shit of ECW or WWF.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm kinda hoping it's something silly like having to sort out licensing for the music or something that made them stop adding ECW shows.

Firefly isn't even the best sci-fi that Fox commissioned, shat all over and then cancelled. That would be Space: Above & Beyond.

Anywho, have some Kobashi - here's his first ever TV main event;

Jumbo Tsuruta & Kenta Kobashi vs Stan Hansen & Genichiro Tenryu - (AJPW 1989/07/15)

Mr. Enigma said:

Same goes for WCCW episodes and the old-school house shows. I understand that with the territory stuff tape quality is an issue, but there's a TON of WWF, WCW and ECW tapes that surely need little work before they can be uploaded?

Huh, Tajiri's WNC promotion is closing or going on hiatus and the male roster is joining W-1 - that includes Tajiri, AKIRA, Yusuke Kodama, Jiro Kuroshio, Koji Doi and Lion Fujiwara. No word on where Syuri or Makoto will end up.

Firefly isn't even the best sci-fi that Fox commissioned, shat all over and then cancelled. That would be Space: Above & Beyond.

Now there's a TV show! It didn't waste any time and got straight into the thick of it. This Firefly show is just... I don't know. On to Episode 2 and I'm just like.. meh. I like that it's a Western in Space, but... but I don't know. It hasn't pulled my interest at all, other than the Wife from Homeland playing a Space Whore.

Aiii

So not worth it
So here's what I'm thinking about ECW and WCW content.

Nitro started in September 1995, right? and ECW Hardcore TV is now up to May 1995, while Raw is currently nearing December 1994.

We also know the Monday Night War show is not premiering until a few months from now.

What if their idea is to upload the three different promotions along with the Monday Night War show? So that you end up watching the show week-by-week along with the actual shows from the week they're covering.

Not sure if that is their idea with the show though, or if it's gonna be a limited 10-episode documentary show.

Hasney

Nitro started in September 1995, right? and ECW Hardcore TV is now up to May 1995, while Raw is currently nearing December 1994.

We also know the Monday Night War show is not premiering until a few months from now.

What if their idea is to upload the three different promotions along with the Monday Night War show? So that you end up watching the show week-by-week along with the actual shows from the week they're covering.

Not sure if that is their idea with the show though, or if it's gonna be a limited 10-episode documentary show.

I said that when the network started that I hoped that was what would happen by having a review show each week and putting both shows up at the same time in their entirety (minus the ECW and waiting bits). If that is the case, I wish they'd just dump the rest of Raw on there and get started already. It's the only original content I actually want to see.

Jamie OD

The majority of their library isn't digitised and it takes a lot of effort to convert them. Not saying that everything that is converted for the Network is on the Network but it might not be as easy as we think. I remember a story about WWF recieving the WCW tape library after the purchase and everything was unlabelled and out of sequence.

Huh, Tajiri's WNC promotion is closing or going on hiatus and the male roster is joining W-1 - that includes Tajiri, AKIRA, Yusuke Kodama, Jiro Kuroshio, Koji Doi and Lion Fujiwara. No word on where Syuri or Makoto will end up.

WNC's womens division merged with the REINA promotion a while back so that will become Syuri and Makoto's home base. At least for now.

I'm starting to get worried that the Monday Night Wars stuff is going to just be a documentary series instead of full Nitro episodes.

njean777

To be fair.
1. Even I try to avoid going to Gaming Side as much as possible and I'm just a member.
2. If there was a board dedicated to how shitty I was at my job 99% of the time, I would probably hate its guts too. :D

Nothing wrong with criticism, however, Neogaf is like heaven compared to Reddit or 4chan. You actually get banned here if you spout really dumb stuff. This site is one of the most tame I have ever been on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cliffy, I'll let you in on a secret. I avoid your games like the plague and think you're an insuferable cunt with his head inserted squarely up his own asshole. The sort of self-important prick who feels the need to comment on everything and anything, if only to detract from the fact that he's a one-hit wonder hack.

I can't wait for these developers to realise that PR works both ways and acting like a prize tit on twitter does little to endear you to the gaming public.

Boots speaking those lies and catching feels over CliffyB.

Bow down to the true king:
Ae6XPbj.jpg

Kenta Kobashi vs Johnny Ace - (AJPW 1989/09/02)

Vince McMahon said:
Boots speaking those lies and catching feels over CliffyB.

Pffft, gaming side often resembles a den of trolls and I do my best to stay out of it, I just have issue with a man basically complaining because he doesn't have the luxury of working in an industry where he doesn't have to deal with assholes or morons. Tough shit, Cliffy, welcome to the real world.

Also, Gears sucks :p

Top Bottom