• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Pretty happy that Seth is in a ladder match. Shame Sami and Neville aren't on the main roster yet, so I suspect RVD and Sin Cara will be added for dem flips along with Dean in the match. Not sure who else.
I'm having trouble coming up with 7.

Locks I think:
Rollins
Ambrose
Kane

Guesses:
RVD (probably, though he's going to due trying anything)
Bo Dallas (not sure what else he's doing)
Um......
Ziggler (he's over I guess)
Kofi (dem flipz)

neogaf is running a bit slow right now. Also, here is another look at Rollins gear:

Its different from everyone else and you can see the marvel influence with him now facing Ambrose in wolverine gear.

Does he not like wrestling in traditional tights or is this more of a management mandated thing?

jmdajr

WZ has learned from those inside WWE that another big change has been made as a result of recent budget cuts.

The company has done away with the tour busses they would provide for production crew members, backstage hands and others.

In the past, WWE would supply busses and fill them with crew members to transport them from television taping to television taping. This was an expense the company paid for to comfortably transport the enormous amount of people making all of the TV content possible each week.

Now the busses are gone, and the crew is being told they will have to drive from city to city for television tapings.

that sucks

Sblargh

Banned
Serious question: Since 2005, what new talent wasn't mismanaged by WWE?
A quick list possibly incomplete due to bad google fu.
-
Cena
Randy Orton
-
CM Punk
-
The Miz
-
Rey Mysterio
Kofi
-
Ziggler
Swagger
Zack Ryder
-
Alberto Del Rio
Daniel Bryan
Sheamus
Heath Slater
Wade Barrett
-
Usos
Tyson Kidd
-
Can't find a list.
Shield?
Wyatt Family?

WZ has learned from those inside WWE that another big change has been made as a result of recent budget cuts.

The company has done away with the tour busses they would provide for production crew members, backstage hands and others.

In the past, WWE would supply busses and fill them with crew members to transport them from television taping to television taping. This was an expense the company paid for to comfortably transport the enormous amount of people making all of the TV content possible each week.

Now the busses are gone, and the crew is being told they will have to drive from city to city for television tapings.

that sucks
Damn, the less than expected success of the network and everything else really blindsided them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's WWE finally realizing they're blowing money on shit they don't need to be blowing it on.

Sblargh that list is wrong in most years and it's really hard to say when a talent has been misused or not.

I will say the most marked improvement in the handling of talent has been since they moved Johnny Aces out of the Talent Relations role and let Triple H take that over. They've had a lot more successes since then in comparison to the long drought that preceded it.

Hasney

Damn, the less than expected success of the network and everything else really blindsided them.

Yeah, they really should have had a compelling product to draw people in.

Bet they're going to lose a lot of talented people too who don't get the comforts they're used to :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sblargh that list is wrong in most years and it's really hard to say when a talent has been misused or not.

I will say the most marked improvement in the handling of talent has been since they moved Johnny Aces out of the Talent Relations role and let Triple H take that over. They've had a lot more successes since then in comparison to the long drought that preceded it.

Definitely. Ace was a fucking piece of shit especially with the women's roster.

Sblargh

Banned
I think it's WWE finally realizing they're blowing money on shit they don't need to be blowing it on.

The one thing they need to be blowing money on is quality of life for their workers.

Welp, I suck, sorry for that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing they need to be blowing money on is quality of life for their workers.

Wonder how much it cost them to fly Curt Hawkins and JTG around for the past couple years.

Sblargh

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VinoePpNOQY

More ripping on Daniel Bryan of course. If he doesn't come back and get a rematch for the title, H constantly ripping on him makes no sense. Unless they really are mad at him. And they very well could be.

Keeping the heat. Gotta keep the heat. If people move on from D-Bry as it was said, then WWE loses the only person on their roster who is able to draw a reaction from the entire crowd that isn't "go away" heat.

Wonder how much it cost them to fly Curt Hawkins and JTG around for the past couple years.

It doesn't matter. What kind of company, much less one the size of WWE, doesn't deal with traveling expenses? And how is 30 people on cars each one paying for gas is more economical than one bus?

strobogo

Banned
Against my better judgement and because of self loathing, I went ahead and went for another ride today. 92 degrees. 12 mph winds. Weather.com says humidity is only 47%, but I think they're working me. Dew point is at 67%.

A surprising benefit of the trip:

22adc6da8da0c9cc109f1110-l2.jpg
was back on the shelves. But that also meant I had to lug that on my back in a messenger bag and a 2 liter water back pack.

To get anywhere in my city, I have to hit one of these inclines:

Google Maps doesn't do a very good job of really showing how steep they are. Central Indiana is known for being flat as fuck, but let me tell you, my city is hilly as fuck. There isn't a stretch for more than a mile that is completely flat and level anywhere in this city. Those are the two main ones that I have to come across to get anywhere I'd want to go. I'm not including the 5 or 6 smaller ones that I also have to hit to get to the library, which is only about 4 miles away.

My neighborhood is at the bottom of a large hill and right next to a state park known for being hilly and its mounds. To get to downtown, I HAVE to cross the bridge or go 4-5 miles out of the way and hit more hills anyway. It's all both great and terrible, as I get a lot more out of a 10 mile ride here than I would somewhere flat and level. But hills also fucking suck.

Keeping the heat. Gotta keep the heat. If people move on from D-Bry as it was said, then WWE loses the only person on their roster who is able to draw a reaction from the entire crowd that isn't "go away" heat.

Yeah, it could be to "keep him in the conversation" so people don't just forget about him in his absence, but I don't know.

OK, I've managed to get a GFW Roster together and it looks terrible, but it's the best I could do with those who would come (or didn't want crazy money). There's a slight theme in mind for it.

Aaron Aquilera
Aaron Epic
Adam Pearce
Andy Baker
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Chris Hero
Chris Sabin
Damián 666
Doug Williams
Dragon Kid
Halloween
Jeff Jarrett (Owner, Booker, User Character)
Jonny Storm
Karen Jarrett
Kevin Steen
Kikutaro (aka Ebessan)
Low-Ki
Martin Stone
Mickie Henson (Referee)
Mike Bucci
Petey Williams
Ric Manning (Referee)
Rob Moore (Announcer)
Roddy Piper (Color Commentator)
Scott D'Amore
Shawn Hernandez
Stevie Richards
Teddy Hart
Zack Sabre Jr.

I have a load of Japanese guys on a shortlist, but most of them only wanted to work 3 months so I'll probably bring them in together for a special event at some point. I was tempted to raid CHIKARA, but held off.

The way I'm going to play this is like a 100% 'kayfabe' reality tv show where the wrestlers talk to the camera about wrestling and their opponent ala UFC. As well as people trying to earn a contract (like TNA Gut Check). I get the feeling that's where GFW will be going anyway. Probably have some twitter bollocks about fans voting who stays and who goes.

Gorillaz

jmdajr

"I was told that I had to conform to a standard in Hollywood that would beget me more work, better roles," he explains. "Which meant I had to stop going to the gym, which meant I couldn't be as big, which meant you had to distance yourself from wrestling. You essentially had to deconstruct yourself."

For a while, he says, he bought into that, in part because he did not have the high-level industry contacts he could turn to for advice. "Then that started to not feel good to me. It reached a point of, 'I'm not feeling authentic.' "

"After [2010's] Tooth Fairy," says Garcia, "we recognized that Dwayne was moving away from his core of who he was."

Wow, so admits he was a sellout there for awhile. Glad he's back to kicking ass. His movies are fun again.

strobogo

Banned
I like how out of the box you are with hiding landmark signs Stro

I might have to take a break from WWE then friends. The Dream is dead

I think anyone who is from Indiana could easily figure out what city I'm in from the things I've said about it, but still. What if there is a gaffer in my city and they want to hang out? GROSS.

OK, I've managed to get a GFW Roster together and it looks terrible, but it's the best I could do with those who would come (or didn't want crazy money). There's a slight theme in mind for it.

Aaron Aquilera
Aaron Epic
Adam Pearce
Andy Baker
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Chris Hero
Chris Sabin
Damián 666
Doug Williams
Dragon Kid
Halloween
Jeff Jarrett (Owner, Booker, User Character)
Jonny Storm
Karen Jarrett
Kevin Steen
Kikutaro (aka Ebessan)
Low-Ki
Martin Stone
Mickie Henson (Referee)
Mike Bucci
Petey Williams
Ric Manning (Referee)
Rob Moore (Announcer)
Roddy Piper (Color Commentator)
Scott D'Amore
Shawn Hernandez
Stevie Richards
Teddy Hart
Zack Sabre Jr.

I have a load of Japanese guys on a shortlist, but most of them only wanted to work 3 months so I'll probably bring them in together for a special event at some point. I was tempted to raid CHIKARA, but held off.

The way I'm going to play this is like a 100% 'kayfabe' reality tv show where the wrestlers talk to the camera about wrestling and their opponent ala UFC. As well as people trying to earn a contract (like TNA Gut Check). I get the feeling that's where GFW will be going anyway. Probably have some twitter bollocks about fans voting who stays and who goes.

I love it. Keep me updated.

that sucks
That's some hard times

Top Bottom