• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kenta Kobashi vs Johnny Ace - (AJPW 1989/09/02)

Pffft, gaming side often resembles a den of trolls and I do my best to stay out of it, I just have issue with a man basically complaining because he doesn't have the luxury of working in an industry where he doesn't have to deal with assholes or morons. Tough shit, Cliffy, welcome to the real world.

Also, Gears sucks :p

Gears sucks? Is that a shoot? Are you shooting?

Because you're wrong, dead wrong. Gears of War is probably one of the best games people can play.

boKuO1B.jpg

You're either with me or against me, goddammit!

Hasney

Really against you. I managed to finish GoW2 for some reason, maybe there wasn't a lot out? But 1 and 3 I think I made it about 5 hours in before I was bored.

Against, dammit. Dull as shit multiplayer and a pathetically short campaign. I actually spent more time playing Unreal Tournament 3 than Gears, and UT3 was a piece of shit.

Also, I know this is going to make me seem like I'm trolling, but I do genuinely love the game I'm about to mention: PDZ multiplayer > Gears.

jred2k

Against, dammit. Dull as shit multiplayer and a pathetically short campaign. I actually spent more time playing Unreal Tournament 3 than Gears, and UT3 was a piece of shit.

Also, I know this is going to make me seem like I'm trolling, but I do genuinely love the game I'm about to mention: PDZ multiplayer > Gears.

If Gears 1 multiplayer was dull to you, you must have been doing something wrong. I won't say it didn't have its issues, but they were mostly due to networking. The actual game was exhilarating as any game I've played.

Hasney

Looking at what came out that month, I think I was just killing time until Left for Dead came out. Mirror's Edge didn't have me interested (but how wrong I was on that one) and I'd already given up on Sonic and WWE.

If Gears 1 multiplayer was dull to you, you must have been doing something wrong. I won't say it didn't have its issues, but they were mostly due to networking. The actual game was exhilarating as any game I've played.

Eh, nothing like that felt exhilarating coming off twitch shit like Quake and even Cliffy's own Unreal Tournament (Although not the later ones, they lost a bit of speed). It had its moments, but I really do dislike cover-based TPS in multiplayer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's not that you're saying PDZ is better than Gears that's the troll...it's you saying you genuinely love PDZ. Is this...is THIS a shoot?!

UT3 was basically Gears aesthetic with a weird-ass campaign. I know nobody played UT3 for the campaign but that shit was really, really weird.

On the plus side, we've found your waifu for that thread Boots:
SmXFMVk.jpg

BqZYvjQCUAAeKe9.jpg:large

WRESTLE-1 and WNC have officially come to terms with an agreement that will be going into effect as of July 1. Those involved are TAJIRI, AKIRA, Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio, and Rionne Fujiwara will all be directly a part of the agreement with W-1.

What this pretty much means is that all of the male talent in WNC will be under W-1 going forward, but all the female talent in WNC will be remaining under affiliation with WNC-REINA.

TAJIRI & AKIRA will be making their debuts under W-1 on the July 21 show at the Korakuen Hall while the rest of the talent are in talks to begin as of the start of that tour on July 12. TAJIRI mentioned that he has been a producer for WNC since the SMASH era and that he is looking forward to just becoming an active wrestler once more. He also said that he looks forward to being a part of Mutoh and W-1’s proposed global expansion and future developments.

WNC will be going on hiatus following the show on June 26 at the Shinjuku FACE. WNC was also going to be holding a contendership tournament for the WNC Championship as well, but that as well will be placed on hiatus.

10492361_10152546762831098_7102155757671390920_n.jpg

Interest in W-1 rising, slightly. Hopefully they can turn attendances around.

It's not that you're saying PDZ is better than Gears that's the troll...it's you saying you genuinely love PDZ. Is this...is THIS a shoot?!

Yep, the campaign might have been dogshit, but I got hundreds of hours out of the multiplayer and only stopped when it became unplayable because Rare stopped patching glitches & exploits. I maintain it had one of the best multiplayer set-ups of last generation - it had a server browser when every other game was using matchmaking, it let me host a game full of bots, invite my friends, remove a bot when a player joins and add one when a player leaves, set up the map rotation, objectives, weapons on a map-per-map basis, etc. Gears didn't grab me in the slightest, I just went back to playing COD2, iirc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gears has a dull single player and a multiplayer that was ruined by server side advantages, so I'm very against it.

I do wish I was deluded like the Booty Man and could force myself to like PD Zero as PD is one of my favorite games ever, but PD Zero is rank garbage not even fit for the people of insert city name here or their loser of a major american sports team.

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to end the debate that probably only existed once on some wrestling BBS. Mr. Wonderful > Mr. Perfect. Maybe Stro will back up on this, maybe he won't. I've been watching a lot of both, and I think the Wonderful gimmick is a lot better. Mr. Wonderful felt like a character, which is to say he felt like a man playing a character and really going over the top with it. Mr. Perfect felt like a gimmick. Going back, he almost reminds me of a robot who is just programmed to say things, and I LOVE Mr. Perfect, so it's no slight on him. But he's very, very one dimensional. His promos, his matches, his mannerisms, they're all very well done, but I feel like I see them a lot.

Paul just has a better look(even though Perfect had a great look too), better promos, and he was Hogan's best match of all time. His football background made him come off as really legit and the old wrestlers always put him over as this really tough guy you did not want to cross. And you didn't need the sheets to know that when Mr. Wonderful went fucking nuts on Rudy Diamond. That shit is brutal.

The more stuff I find of Orndorff, the more I think he'd be in my fave five of all time if he just had a longer career and never had the nerve damage.

I think I agree with you. I wouldn't have a few years ago, but Orndorff is excellent and could definitely carry and lead a match a lot better than Perfect ever could. He also seemed like a genuinely mean and angry prick who would fuck you up, even when he was a face.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117094757&postcount=703

kvzKm2B.png

What, they don't like a bunch of people backseat developing all of their games?

I don't play any of Cliffy B's games because A. I really don't know any developers besides Kojima/Miyamoto and B. I don't play shooters anyway, but I have heard Cliffy B on Rogan's podcast a number of times and he comes off on those like a real prick. And kind of an idiot. And I fully believe that his tweet is accurate, but fuck him. He seems like such an annoying dick head.

WrassleGAF I have confession to make, go easy on me.

I can't get into Firefly, and I find it hard to enjoy or like the vast majority of Josh Whedon's work. I liked Buffy up to Season 4 and Angel had it's moments, but I just don't get the cult following he has.

I guess TV Networks don't get it either considering nearly all his shows are canned before they get a chance to finish. Also Alien Resurrection. Avengers wasn't too bad, I guess, but the more I think about the more The Hulk saved that movie.

EDIT

Basically I'm watching Firefly on Netflix and I'm just meh...

Firefly is not good. No idea why it has the online following it does. Boring characters, boring story, boring setting. For such a feminist writer, Joss wrote the main women on the show as a total McGuffin not in control of anything around her, a legit whore, and a mechanic who happens to be a woman. The only highlight of the show was Gina Torres and that Pirate Steve knew what was up and was down with the swirl.

jmdajr

Gears sucks? Is that a shoot? Are you shooting?

Because you're wrong, dead wrong. Gears of War is probably one of the best games people can play.

boKuO1B.jpg

You're either with me or against me, goddammit!

Gears was the first next-gen experience last gen. In fact, that moment for me was never topped. Sure I played other fun games but that moment can only be had once. It owns it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Paul Orndorff looks like a dad that drinks too much and neglects his family. Good heel.

jmdajr

It's not that I don't complain about games ever I'm sure I have, but can't say I waste a lot of time just ranting on specific games. To me it's more about policies a company might have that I might have an issue with, like removing features or what not. But games? Games are games and they are not meant to be perfect. You get what fun you can out of it and move on to the next.

Firefly isn't even the best sci-fi that Fox commissioned, shat all over and then cancelled. That would be Space: Above & Beyond.

That show was terrible. Here's a quote from the first episode that is seared on my brain.

"In war, only one thing is certain. In one... maybe two hours, you'll either be dead or alive."

I mean... seriously.

I love gaming side. REPRESENT. Cliffy B and me are on good terms though. The dude did some good stuff for me back in my short lived 'game journalism' days.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear we're getting two ladder matches at MITB. It wouldn't be MITB without someone winning the briefcase. That's one of the best booking gimmicks of the last decade or so imho, and the card is so insanely barren given it's less than two weeks away.

strobogo

Banned
Idk about a bike ride today. It's already 85 with 72% humidity. Sore and tired from yesterday. Kind of burnt because not only did I ride around 10 miles, but also laid out at the pool yesterday. I normally do 3 on, 1 off, but 2 on, 1 off seems reasonable.

strobogo

Banned
Idk about a bike ride today. It's already 85 with 72% humidity. Sore and tired from yesterday. Kind of burnt because not only did I ride around 10 miles, but also laid out at the pool yesterday. I normally do 3 on, 1 off, but 2 on, 1 off seems reasonable.

That show was terrible. Here's a quote from the first episode that is seared on my brain.

"In war, only one thing is certain. In one... maybe two hours, you'll either be dead or alive."

I mean... seriously.

Man, it was the 90's, shit was always going to be a little dumb and cheesy, but at least the show actually dealt with some heavy sci-fi concepts, rather than just using science fiction as window dressing for Whedon's badly drawn characters.

Sblargh

Banned
It's not that I don't complain about games ever I'm sure I have, but can't say I waste a lot of time just ranting on specific games. To me it's more about policies a company might have that I might have an issue with, like removing features or what not. But games? Games are games and they are not meant to be perfect. You get what fun you can out of it and move on to the next.

I think I have a tough love relationship to games I rant about in GAF. If I don't like a game, I'll probably only talk about it when it comes up as a topic in another conversation. Now, I remember last year I talked some shit about both Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite, but in the end, it was because I liked those games. I liked the setting, the concepts, the story; I just wanted them to be a more tight, in a way, I wanted them to be more themselves; I wanted Bioshock Infinite to go depper into the big themes of racism, revoluton and such and Tomb Raider to focus more on the survival and character development.

In retrospect it looks kind of a shitty way of posting; you choose a game you like and trash it, but then again, outside of the initial hype, there is no point in being overly defensive or enthusiastic about a game. And if you don't like a game, like you said, you move on. Unfortunetly it seems like the only kind of discussion worth having is how the games you either like or see a lot of potential could be better.

jred2k

Time for an opinion no one will agree with.

Best Gears multiplayer is Overrun in GoW: Judgment.

As a big fan of the first 3 GoWs I just couldn't get any enthusiasm for that game. Same thing happened with GoW: Ascension. I think by that point I was feeling both franchise and generation fatigue.

Hasney

Pretty happy that Seth is in a ladder match. Shame Sami and Neville aren't on the main roster yet, so I suspect RVD and Sin Cara will be added for dem flips along with Dean in the match. Not sure who else.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-

Poor, poor 1992.

jmdajr

WWE.COM: You came back with a lot of fanfare and a great reaction, but the fans, as we all know now, eventually turned against you. What were your thoughts on that sudden change in reception?

BATISTA: It was weird. It wasn’t like a normal response. It was almost like a personal attack. It had to do with factors that were not in my control, factors and things that were going on in the company with other people, stuff that really had nothing to do with me. To me, it was a little frustrating, a little confusing, and, you know, I don’t want to say I completely took it personal, but I did somewhat.

What I heard over and over was, “Batista doesn’t deserve this,” and that’s what I took personally, because it’s like they forgot about my 10 years of pain and suffering and sacrifice. When I left the company, I gave plenty of notice, I left the right way, I did everything right. And also, my very last match, I broke my back. So I literally broke my back for the fans. And for me to come back and for them to say that I didn’t deserve the spot that I was being put in? For one thing, I didn’t ask for that spot. And here’s my thing with wrestling, and I tell this to everybody: If you get an opportunity, take the opportunity, and if you pass it up, you’re a fool. And if you hate on a guy just because he’s taking advantage of an opportunity that’s given to him, then you’re an idiot.

Gears 2 and 3 had some underwhelming final boss battles but all three games were pretty great. I didn't play enough of the spinoff to really form an opinion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
re: Gears 3, that game had an obscene amount of content. love it.

EDIT: Also

L4MmIPh.png

"Flair gets my tricks/Fifi gets my treats"

Gears of War is dope, brahs
Firefly is not good. No idea why it has the online following it does. Boring characters, boring story, boring setting. For such a feminist writer, Joss wrote the main women on the show as a total McGuffin not in control of anything around her, a legit whore, and a mechanic who happens to be a woman. The only highlight of the show was Gina Torres and that Pirate Steve knew what was up and was down with the swirl.
I like Firefly a lot but it's strange that Whedon is held up as like a top feminist dude when apparently Dollhouse is pretty misogynistic. I guess not even his fanbase watched that one (i didn't)! I guess these days you get a looooooooot of points for trying

Top Bottom