• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Do you guys think Vince will jump off PG once he sees that Network subscription rates start dropping off in the fall? I'm sure he'll try to do something drastic. They have the talent, but they don't have the creative to make it all work.

PG's not the problem, and they'd lose more money if they did. Remember, they only went PG in 2008. Their business was on the downfall long before that. At the core of the problem is creative, bloated staff and roster, and little else. WWE is bad at creating a product that makes people want to pay for more, and that's what the Network proves. Vince, and the rest of the creative, is the core of the problem.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on Raw a bit more. Sheamus needs a character people can latch onto one way or the other. He's just floating in character purgatory. Give me a reason to care about your matches, Sheamus. You can work, but you can't make me care.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Catching up on Raw a bit more. Sheamus needs a character people can latch onto one way or the other. He's just floating in character purgatory. Give me a reason to care about your matches, Sheamus. You can work, but you can't make me care.

I think the fact that they made Sheamus saying 'FELLAAAAAA!!!!' a thing is one of the worst things in wrestling history. No joke, I think it's worse than Arquette winning the title.

Him and Del Rio are in the same boat for me. Their match at the Raw I went to was the best one at the show (which isn't saying much yeah, but whatever) but it's really hard to care for someone when they don't have anything going for them personality wise.

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to put this to a vote, wrasslegaf. You all know how I feel about it, but I want to know from everyone else.

Are shoot promos in todays informed, everyone knows its scripted, everyone knows the wrestlers real names, incredibly corny? Because that's all I can think when I rewatch Punk's promo with Rock. Everyone gave Rock shit about his cheeseball insults when he returned, but Punk's DWAYNE and boxing with God is making me cringe really hard. Not only is he breaking the fourth wall exclusively to get himself over, but it's for no purpose other than a cheap pop.

Think he's got bigger problems than tobacco if that would be the 'greatest moment in his life thus far'

The DWAYNE stuff was super lame and made Punk come off as a bratty little kid, which I think he was kind of supposed to. Maybe. I don't know.

igxZqpBMLryaN.gif

Gorillaz

I can't see Vince drop the PG stuff at this point. It would probably hurt him even more, since the audience has changed so much the past decade and a half. I think they are having problems finding out who their paying audience (key word paying) is. The network is cheap as hell yet still struggling. Something has got to give

The DWAYNE stuff was super lame and made Punk come off as a bratty little kid, which I think he was kind of supposed to. Maybe. I don't know.

igxZqpBMLryaN.gif

What in the hell? That gif is awesome.

Also, that version of heel Punk was incredibly lame in general. He was just boring and it just seemed like he was trying too hard.

I'm going to put this to a vote, wrasslegaf. You all know how I feel about it, but I want to know from everyone else.

Are shoot promos in todays informed, everyone knows its scripted, everyone knows the wrestlers real names, incredibly corny? Because that's all I can think when I rewatch Punk's promo with Rock. Everyone gave Rock shit about his cheeseball insults when he returned, but Punk's DWAYNE and boxing with God is making me cringe really hard. Not only is he breaking the fourth wall exclusively to get himself over, but it's for no purpose other than a cheap pop.

I'm with you. I said it before, "You arms are too short to box with God" is just something cool he heard and worked into a promo. Same for when he tries to work in The Wire or Curb references. Cena gets shit for pandering but Punk is just as guilty. Some just enjoy it when it's pandering to them.

Well this is wonderful.

Alucard

Banned
I think the fact that they made Sheamus saying 'FELLAAAAAA!!!!' a thing is one of the worst things in wrestling history. No joke, I think it's worse than Arquette winning the title.

I don't mind. It's just the way he uses it. It's kind of a heel thing like saying "Listen, dude," where dude is condescending/placing someone on a common level.

"Now you listen to me, fella...you're nothing compared to me." or something could work if he were a heel. It's like Hogan using "brother."

I just want Sheamus to have a story. A motivation that makes me want to cheer for him or boo for him. Even if it's something basic.

-fighting for the honor of his family...could give us history of a made up lineage
-fighting to make a name for himself in search of the American Dream

Something. Anything. Not just "I like fighting." Even if he said "I'm here to prove that no one can take me down in that ring. No one can match my passion. No one can match my heart. And no one can match my strength. And I'm going to prove that every time I'm in that ring."

Just...something.

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit. Cole is actually trying to make "Uso crazy" a thing. I bet Vince fed him that line.

QueenOfThorns, I've loved many Sheamus matches, and I've wanted to cheer for him after those performances, but creative never gives me a reason to care about him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Chrome is completely busted. Every google site doesn't work for shit, and I don't know why.
I don't mind. It's just the way he uses it. It's kind of a heel thing like saying "Listen, dude," where dude is condescending/placing someone on a common level.

"Now you listen to me, fella...you're nothing compared to me." or something could work if he were a heel. It's like Hogan using "brother."

I just want Sheamus to have a story. A motivation that makes me want to cheer for him or boo for him. Even if it's something basic.

-fighting for the honor of his family...could give us history of a made up lineage
-fighting to make a name for himself in search of the American Dream

Something. Anything. Not just "I like fighting." Even if he said "I'm here to prove that no one can take me down in that ring. No one can match my passion. No one can match my heart. And no one can match my strength. And I'm going to prove that every time I'm in that ring."

Just...something.
No, I don't mean him calling people fella. The fact that he'll just scream fella in his intro. It's so stupid.

I can't wait for Reigns to crash and burn, Ambrose will be there to pick up the pieces.

Can we please get him some proper music though. Wtf is up with this such generic shit lately? JJ quit or something?

F**king Reigns keeping The Shield music is such bs, PUSHED TO THE STARS!

I can't wait for Reigns to crash and burn, Ambrose will be there to pick up the pieces.

Can we please get him some proper music though. Wtf is up with this such generic shit lately? JJ quit or something?

F**king Reigns keeping The Shield music is such bs, PUSHED TO THE STARS!

You can make all the voodoo dolls you want but he's going to usurp Cena as the next top guy.

Zach

Oh, crap! I forgot to tell you, guys: My friend who occasionally watches wrasslin' with me made me a Father's Day card with Michael Hayes on the front. She always claims Jimmy Jam is the grosser Freebird and I'm like no way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not on the WWE Network.

Apparently it was on Classics on Demand
>INTRO
>Bill Mercer opens the show at the announcers table
>VIDEO Jimmy Garvin w/Sunshine VS Chris Adams from last weeks show (Also includes the same post match interview)
>NWA American Champion Jimmy Garvin w/Sunshine VS Iceman Parsons
>Kerry Von Erich VS Mr. Ebony w/Skandar Akbar & The Mongol
>VIDEO Terry Gordy slams the steel cage door shut on Kerry's head from 12/25 Star Wars
>VIDEO Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy beat down David Von Erich from the 4/83 State Fair Coliseum Card
>Bruiser Brody VS Terry Gordy
>Bill interviews Gordy & Buddy Roberts at ringside to close the show.

You can make all the voodoo dolls you want but he's going to usurp Cena as the next top guy.

LOL

But yeah, Stardust's music is cool but they had something to 'base' it on. I mean like Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro, all lately just feel like they have complete place filler music at the moment. This stuff is important guys! Thats why they let Reigns keep the familiar theme to keep people popping for him, cause hes the cool guy that poisons people for giggles and title shots.

Romeo Oscar Mike Alfa November!

Holy shit. Cole is actually trying to make "Uso crazy" a thing. I bet Vince fed him that line.

QueenOfThorns, I've loved many Sheamus matches, and I've wanted to cheer for him after those performances, but creative never gives me a reason to care about him.

can't wait for the USO CRAZY shirt, which will undoubtedly have an amazingly creative back design

Anth0ny

I think we've been saying this for like 2 years

they don't give a FUCK

sheamus is going to be pale babyface blob cena jr with no heat for the rest of his career

Top Bottom