• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Crazy non PG WWE content worked in the rise of shock value television like fear factor. Why go non pg and risk burning bridges with legitimate corporations like make a wish? The harsh truth is, pro wrestling won't ever be as popular as it once was. Most people who were fans of the non pg era look back on it with disdain, and while it was certainly profitable in the short term, it created a stigma that will never go away.

strobogo

Banned
There could be blood now. There was blood somewhat regularly in the Golden Era, which was also PG. Vince himself doesn't like guys bleeding. He got pissed at Bret in the 90s for blading hardcore (WM 8, the IYH with Bulldog), but claiming it was hard way. Flair got fined for it at WM8. Blood got cut way back around 1988 or so. At the start of the Rock and Wrestling stuff, blood was still very common, because it was a hold over of the old era. Once things really took off and Vince had completed his vision of what he wanted, blood was phased out and sparingly used, and when it was, it was to get over something as being particularly vicious.

PG doesn't really mean "no blood allowed". There is blood in PG movies and cartoons. It's Vince's personal preference and I don't really have much of an issue with it. I would like to see blood in cage/HIAC matches and not have matches stopped when someone gets busted open, but I really don't miss blood in wrestling. The Cena/Wyatt feud could have used blood. The HHH/Bryan beat down angle could have used Bryan bleeding.

Striker

And that's why they should never, ever, ditch PG
So ditch the Hell in a Cell and Extreme Rules matches. They're so watered down without it. I mean, if you don't want to do clear head shots with chairs, fine, but the viable weapon of choice in today's "extreme" matches is a kendo stick.

Not wanting Eddie/JBL or Triple H/Kevin Nash blood here, but some here or there would help a lot.

DMczaf

bret_mar99_pizza.jpg

Vylash

holy fuck the image of Mojo sliding out of the ring and the entire front row not even moving when he's trying to hype them up, amazing

strobogo

Banned
FACT. Except maybe Triple H and Stephanie.

I'm tuning in. The positive buzz around Slammiversary has me interested, and the likely return of the six-sided ring next week has also created some intrigue.

You got it bad. You need to cut it out right now or else you will be on a never ending cycle (likely 6-8 months since TNA will be dead by then) of getting sucked in and let down over and over until you start drinking heavily and start fights with guys who like John Cena and guys who like AJ.

FACT. Except maybe Triple H and Stephanie.

I'm tuning in. The positive buzz around Slammiversary has me interested, and the likely return of the six-sided ring next week has also created some intrigue.

Don't do it man! She doesn't love you, she's just using you for your money!

Alucard

Banned
You got it bad. You need to cut it out right now or else you will be on a never ending cycle (likely 6-8 months since TNA will be dead by then) of getting sucked in and let down over and over until you start drinking heavily and start fights with guys who like John Cena and guys who like AJ.

Can't help it, man. I'll tune out during the bad shit, and stick around for the good shit. Haven't watched the past two Impacts, but I'm in for this one.

Alucard

Banned
Wait...are they doing an empty arena match between EY and Lashley tonight? Or does MVP mean that just all the other wrestlers won't be allowed in the arena?

Top Bottom