• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Alucard

Banned
Some fun ReDRagon gifs for ya'll.
KyleBobby.gif

KyleShake.gif

KyleShake2.gif

watching it right lol

Feels like the director is trying to hard to be like Michael Mann but failing....thank god Sina is the leading man in the film

If any of the 12 rounds are as loud as the shootout in Heat then it will truly be a landmark film.

Cena was scouting New Orleans for Bray's burial as far back as 09.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh hey SoulPlaya, I wanted to tell you something. I stumbled upon Maven's "ask me anything" yesterday, and he mentioned how nice of a guy Kane is IRL. Like, truly nice and humble. He also had nothing but good things to say about D-Von and The Rock (who both helped pay for his food and travel while he was a rookie), and apparently Undertaker likes bottles of Jack.
GGG is one of a kind. Guy is a rare example of how far you go without having to be a jerk who relies on politics and bottles of jack.

tm24

Thanks TM, glad to have two lucha guys like Hechicero and Cavernario. La cavernaria is one of my favorite submissions, more wrestlers should use it. Also Hechicero is great, a really good mix of what makes lucha great: good mat work, innovative moves, high flyer and some good rudo moves mixed with some power moves.

I'm honestly surprised that Quack/Chikara hasn't raided Hechicero's war crate yet. His submissions seem perfect to randomly throw in a match and do poorly. El Conjuro is probably my favorite move in the world right now

Gorillaz

Sina literally pushed a boat into a on coming car. By himself. He's tapping into some greek god power or some shit

WHAT'S YOUR NAME

edit: thank god you saw this titus this shit is 2Cena4me

Sina literally pushed a boat into a on coming car. By himself. He's tapping into some greek god power or some shit

WHAT'S YOUR NAME

edit: thank god you saw this titus this shit is 2Cena4me

This makes me want to check out his entire filmography for more instances like that.

Sblargh

Banned
I was reading about smackdown and...

Titus O'Neil got a jobber entrance, then Adam Rose was out for a match with him. It appears Rose is sticking with the Willy Wonka gimmick. The match started and Titus was beating Rose up before an Irish whip gave way to a quick roll up that actually got the pin. Rose tried to crowd surf to the back but O'Neil got on the mic and demanded an immediate rematch. Rose granted it, got in the ring, slapped Titus across the face, then rolled him up and pinned him again. Wow.

Who this benefits, really?
Titus is in shape, good looking, somewhat charismatic, not bad at playing heel and they made him look like a fool to Adam Rose.
And in turn, this doesn't even look like it benefits Adam Rose. It shows nothing about his character, it shows nothing about his ring skills. It does nothing.

Who thinks this stuff?

How would you book this Adam Rose character? Party entrance, light hearted in the ring? Loses and dances back to the locker room? Maybe a long build -- where he's this Austin Powers party guy, who doesn't care about winning and just wants to have a fun time. He keeps on losing, (but stays over due to entrance?), other people get somewhat over from beating him maybe. Then one day he snaps, kills the rabbit and disappears for deep South African hunting lessons and becomes Leo Kruger?!

alstein

How would you book this Adam Rose character? Party entrance, light hearted in the ring? Loses and dances back to the locker room? Maybe a long build -- where he's this Austin Powers party guy, who doesn't care about winning and just wants to have a fun time. He keeps on loses, (but stays over due to entrance?), other people get somewhat over from beating him maybe. Then one day he snaps, kills the rabbit and disappears for deep South African hunting lessons and becomes Leo Kruger?!

I'd book him as Leo Kruger. Adam Rose - why the hell is his character even wrestling? It makes no sense. I could see him as a manager maybe, that's it.

This guy;

iDaMFCANtNvYD.gif

Is wrestling this guy;

ipI8y4uHvfkMv.gif

In, like, 15 minutes!!!! Should be pretty good.

NJPW "DOMINION 6.21", 06.212014
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

www.ustream.tv/NJPW - $25

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
2. Tetsuya Naito vs. Tama Tonga
3. Yuji Nagata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
4. NWA World Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Ricochet
6. Special Tag Match: Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
7. Special Tag Match: Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi
8. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bad Luck Fale

Aja Kong just jumped off the top rope to the outside.

I don't even have a gif. It's too much for me to process. Bull got completely screwed in this match though. She takes EVERYTHING. I think Aja bumps twice.
powerbomel8jss8.gif

A sweet powerbomb/backwards elbow drop for boooooootaaaaaaaaay

Awesome. We might disagree on a fair few things, but when it comes to Bull & Aja we're most definitely on the same page.

Incidentally, isn't Bull's theme music just fucking amazing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRRCBARbH5g

The show's completely sold out, so it should be a very lively full Osaka house for the show today!

Really can't wait for Ibushi vs Ricochet, but the whole card looks fun.

Sblargh

Banned
How would you book this Adam Rose character? Party entrance, light hearted in the ring? Loses and dances back to the locker room? Maybe a long build -- where he's this Austin Powers party guy, who doesn't care about winning and just wants to have a fun time. He keeps on losing, (but stays over due to entrance?), other people get somewhat over from beating him maybe. Then one day he snaps, kills the rabbit and disappears for deep South African hunting lessons and becomes Leo Kruger?!

If he can put on great matches, I would have him turn off the gimmick while on the ring. Do the crazy entrance, taunt, prance around in the ring and then have a legit match to catch people off guard.

If he can't put on great matches, then it is a joke gimmick, you put him with other joke gimmicks like Sandow, Bo or Fandango and let crazy shenanigans ensue someplace in the midcard before the more important matches begin.

Him squashing a guy like Titus does nobody any favors. You make Titus the butt of a joke while having a character that gets really hurt by it (Titus character of a "recently-turned-heel who used to be a nice guy, but now is vicious" can't lose to rollup pins because his entire character depends on we believing that he can, in fact, get vicious) while having Adam Rose basically telling a bad joke *and* looking like he can't wrestle. Also makes your cartoon-friendly party guy look like a weasel getting cheap wins. So now you instead of having party time all the time, you have an asshole who is happy the entire time.

In short: you either shock people by having an actual good match that nobody expects because of joke gimmick or you go full joke gimmick and either interact with cartoon characters or get squashed by heels who are not putting up with his nonsense; as he is not there to make the heel look strong, but mean.

Are they training Veronica to be an in ring talent? She showed up as an interviewer once and hasn't shown up on tv since. Still got those NXT Diva party photoshoot.

ghostmind

That match was short and kept flowing at least. I've realized I don't mind Naito when he isn't being forced down my throat.

I foresee Honma taking a lot of punishment in this next match.

ghostmind

This is the hottest NJPW crowd since Wrestle Kingdom 8. Really enhancing these matches.

EDIT: Shibata/Nagata in the future? Yes please!

ghostmind

Ok, that was bloody insane by Ricochet.

This match. THIS MATCH!

EDIT: Boots you got to post that GIF here.

EDIT: Aw man that was over too soon. We need a rematch!!!

ghostmind

That match delivered on the hype.

For anyone who complains about "flippy shit", they need to check this match out to see how it is done right by two wrestlers at the top of their game.

Just non-stop amazing from start to finish, and it left me wanting MORE!

OH SHIT!!!! G1, baby!!!

G1 2014 - A Block: Tanahashi, Kojima, Nagata, Ibushi, Shibata, Nakamura, Ishii, Shelton, DBS Jr, Gallows & Fale

G1 2014 - B Block: Makabe, Goto, Naito, Tenzan, Okada, Yano, Suzuki, Archer, Styles, Yujiro, Anderson

New Japan partnership with Jarrett's GFW announced, also ROH stars Adam Cole, reDRagon, Mike Bennet & Maria debut for New Japan at the G1 finals show in Seibu Dome!

D2OLsVX.jpg

*edit, Cole isn't pictured with the ROH title...dropping it to Elgin tomorrow?

Mengetsu

New Japan partnership with Jarrett's GFW announced, also ROH stars Adam Cole, reDRagon, Mike Bennet & Maria debut for New Japan at the G1 finals show in Seibu Dome!

D2OLsVX.jpg

*edit, Cole isn't pictured with the ROH title...dropping it to Elgin tomorrow?

Wow that's an interesting promotion! I guess ROH/NJPW was a huge hit and want to cross over here more than ever. This is all good news. WWE is so stupid to ignore NJPW. What awesome matches that could be if Vince wasn't so far up his ass :/

GGG is one of a kind. Guy is a rare example of how far you go without having to be a jerk who relies on politics and bottles of jack.
Can't wait for his career closing biography DVD set filled with nothing but heart warming praise for GGG and charitable bonus features.

I can get behind that last bit, maybe we should speed up the process like right now he already is Leo Kruger but he's using the Rose gimmick to blend in with a mob and get close to his prey on the roster...and also kill the rabbit of course.

Wow that's an interesting promotion! I guess ROH/NJPW was a huge hit and want to cross over here more than ever. This is all good news. WWE is so stupid to ignore NJPW. What awesome matches that could be if Vince wasn't so far up his ass :/

Awesome matches that wouldn't sell tickets in America.

iKGOc5lie9jil.gif

Yujiro....eh, what is his problem? Ever since his match with Tanahashi a couple of years back it's like he's been treading water and now he's actually regressing in his ring work. Dropped Ishii on his neck TWICE today. His new finisher sucks, also.

GREAT main event, although the second half of the show was paced oddly. I enjoyed it all for the most part, can't wait for the G1!!

Something tells me Dragonzord's going to despise everything about today's turn of events, lol. More gaijins (and ROH gaijins at that) and
Fale as champion

jred2k

GREAT main event, although the second half of the show was paced oddly. I enjoyed it all for the most part, can't wait for the G1!!

Something tells me Dragonzord's going to despise everything about today's turn of events, lol. More gaijins (and ROH gaijins at that) and
Fale as champion

Just pretend you didn't like the show and he'll tell you all about how underrated it was in like 5 or 10 years.

Showaddy

Gotta say would never have believed this would happen a year ago:
Fale2.gif

Even with the Bullet Club getting all the belts storyline I'm still shocked.

Top Bottom