• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Whatever happened to that Daniel Bryan guy

RAW_1094_Photo_140.jpg

raw_1091_photo_020.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Reigns isn't ready yet but he will be soon. You'd build him up for the IC title to get him some good solo experience if this were 1998, but it's 2014 and thus it's amazing they waited over a year to push him solo.

New Japan announced the Showcase matches for the G1. 3 each day

. NJPW, 7/21/2014 [Mon] 15:00 @ Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center ~ North Sea Kitaeru
() G1 B BLOCK: AJ Styles vs. Kazuchika Okada
() G1 A BLOCK: Kota Ibushi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
() G1 A BLOCK: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NJPW, 7/23/2014 [Wed] 18:30 @ Aomori Prefecture Budokan
() G1 A BLOCK: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
() G1 B BLOCK: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
() G1 A BLOCK: Kota Ibushi vs. Yuji Nagata

NJPW, 7/25/2014 [Fri] 19:00 @ Yamagata City General Sports Center
() G1 A BLOCK: Bad Luck Fale vs. Yuji Nagata
() G1 A BLOCK: Satoshi Kojima vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
() G1 B BLOCK: Kazuchika Okada vs. Togi Makabe

NJPW, 7/26/2014 [Sat] 17:00 @ Akita Prefectural Gymnasium
() G1 A BLOCK: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kota Ibushi
() G1 B BLOCK: AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito
() G1 A BLOCK: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

NJPW, 7/28/2014 [Mon] 18:30 @ Sendai Sun Plaza Hall in Miyagi
() G1 B BLOCK: AJ Styles vs. Hirooki Goto
() G1 A BLOCK: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi
() G1 B BLOCK: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito

NJPW, 7/31/2014 [Thu] 18:30 @ Shizuoka Act City Hamamatsu
() G1 B BLOCK: AJ Styles vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
() G1 B BLOCK: Toru Yano vs. Kazuchika Okada
() G1 A BLOCK: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

NJPW, 8/1/2014 [Fri] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
() G1 B BLOCK: AJ Styles vs. Minoru Suzuki
() G1 A BLOCK: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yuji Nagata
() G1 A BLOCK: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NJPW, 8/3/2014 [Sun] 17:00 @ Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM
() G1 B BLOCK: Lance Archer vs. AJ Styles
() G1 A BLOCK: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yuji Nagata
() G1 A BLOCK: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NJPW, 8/4/2014 [Mon] 18:30 @ Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium
() G1 A BLOCK: Shelton “X” Benjamin vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
() G1 B BLOCK: Karl Anderson vs. AJ Styles
() G1 B BLOCK: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hirooki Goto

NJPW, 8/6/2014 [Wed] 19:00 @ Takamatsu City Gymnasium, 1st Stadium in Kagawa
() G1 A BLOCK: Doc Gallows vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
() G1 A BLOCK: Yuji Nagata vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
() G1 A BLOCK: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii

NJPW, 8/8/2014 [Fri] 18:30 @ Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium in Kanagawa
() G1 A BLOCK: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata
() G1 B BLOCK: AJ Styles vs. Togi Makabe
() G1 B BLOCK: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada

NJPW, 8/10/2014 [Sun] 15:00 @ Seibu Dome in Saitama
() G1 FINAL: A BLOCK #1 vs. B BLOCK #1

() Special Single Match: A BLOCK #2 vs. B BLOCK #2

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I already watched the show. The card is garbage if you don't care about flippy floppys. Like one of the worst cards NJPW has put out in years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I already watched the show. The card is garbage if you don't care about flippy floppys. Like one of the worst cards NJPW has put out in years.

iUaux702MhC6u.gif

I'm halfway through it and satisfied as hell. Great show so far.

Each to his own, I guess - the show seems to be getting a fairly good reception on the various message boards I visit, minus a few jaded fucks out there, and I enjoyed it a whole lot. Not even close to the worst show New Japan has put on this year, let alone "one of the worst cards NJPW has put out in years", lol.

I think at some point you need to realise that whatever New Japan is at present, it isn't for you. Should probably switch to All Japan.

somedevil

I know that but I thought he was supposed to be back soonish, well before Summerslam?

He had a set back where his arm lost strength when it was suppose to gain it back.

Bryan's gonna be jobbing to Sheamus for the rest of his career now. :(

I love how every time this topic predicts doom for Bryan he gets even more over. Remember that tombstone picture posted of his career after his lost to sheamus at WrestleMania?

strobogo

Banned
I have an old LG smart phone. I think it is pre-iPhone, but all it is is a touch screen for no real reason and a keyboard. Today, the touch screen wouldn't respond to touching anymore. I took it apart and found the connector wire was a little loose. Made sure everything was secured, put it back together, same problem. So I took it apart some more and must have done something wrong because now it won't even turn on.

I'm back to the flip phone. It's weird going back to it. I feel like Dana White up in here.

EDIT: And now I sliced the ribbon so it is gone for good.

WrassleGAF doesn't fulfill all your needs?

WrassleGAF's my main forum, but I post on a few others and lurk a few as well. F4W, puroresuspirit, Zandigfans and DVDVR, mostly.

i'd invite Zord to watch MMA but he'd probably bitch about spots not making sense and the lack of selling.

This is why MMA should be worked, they need some good old southern wrasslin' logic in the octagon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Each to his own, I guess - the show seems to be getting a fairly good reception on the various message boards I visit, minus a few jaded fucks out there, and I enjoyed it a whole lot. Not even close to the worst show New Japan has put on this year, let alone "one of the worst cards NJPW has put out in years", lol.

I think at some point you need to realise that whatever New Japan is at present, it isn't for you. Should probably switch to All Japan.
Just because people think the bullet club is a shit idea that has more than run out its welcome and is full of people who would get shitted on if they were anywhere but NJPW, doesn't mean they're jaded. NJPW right now is doing what people were expecting WWE to do. Naito, Shibata, etc, anyone who has heat and momentum is getting pushed aside for Bullet Clubtista. Because somebody somewhere thinks AJ Styles is a main eventer. Who? I don't know.
Zord, you should do like me and not watch wrestling. at all.

WWE, Japan, indies... haven't seen a single show in months.

Where else do you suggest I find women dressed as Nazi banchos caneing the shit out of camera men, sir?
dumpcanes2lsh3.gif

Full G1 schedule, courtesy of Voices of Wrestling;

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/06/21/njpw-g1-climax-24-schedule/

Dragonzord said:
Just because people think the bullet club is a shit idea that has more than run out its welcome and is full of people who would get shitted on if they were anywhere but NJPW, doesn't mean they're jaded.

I was talking more about the usual crowd in the Ustream chat log who shit on anything not Nakamura related and can't stand gaijins, regardless of whether they're in Bullet Club or not. I can understand not liking Bullet Club, thinking it's a shit gimmick or that it's run its course, but I can't understand wilfully ignoring Bullet Club matches when they do produce the goods. Fale & Nakamura did a great job, sure it's Nakamura, but Fale deserves credit as well. That was a near 4* main event for a guy EVERYONE was writing off.

Dragonzord said:
NJPW right now is doing what people were expecting WWE to do. Naito, Shibata, etc, anyone who has heat and momentum is getting pushed aside for Bullet Clubtista.

Naito? What momentum? His run to the Dome was fucked up and that was NOTHING to do with Bullet Club, that was all on him (and Tanahashi thinking he acts like a bitch). Shibata? That's backstage politics bullshit at play. Neither guy have been pushed aside for Bullet Club. The only main event player who's taken a backseat is Okada (which a lot of people were begging for anyways) and, now, Nakamura.

somedevil

Some News on notes:

The title winner for money in the bank:

At press time, it's looking like John Cena is going to get the title at Money in the Bank

Expected because the rematch with Lesnar will draw but the bitching will be amazing here. Plus who he faces at Battleground might lead to hijacking again.

On Stardust:

The plan for Stardust is that if it catches on, he and Goldust get a tag title shot at SummerSlam. If it doesn't, then we finally get Cody vs. Goldust at SummerSlam.

On vomit:

The More You Know: One of the McMahons had bad coffee recently, and somehow that led to the angle with Reigns spiking Stephanie's coffee with ipecac or whatever on Raw.

So Vince had bad coffee and then magic was created.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only Vince McMahon would take a female wrestler named Monster Ripper, dress her up as a comedy character, and call her Bertha Faye.

Looking at the year so far, I'm finding it very hard to argue against The Young Bucks being the tag team of the year. Dangan Yankees would be a personal favourite and reDRagon have had some great matches, but The Bucks are really lighting it up the world over. The fact that they're in such demand only attests to their quality.

Looking at the year so far, I'm finding it very hard to argue against The Young Bucks being the tag team of the year. Dangan Yankees would be a personal favourite and reDRagon have had some great matches, but The Bucks are really lighting it up the world over. The fact that they're in such demand only attests to their quality.

B B B B B FLIPPY FLOOPY.

Seriously young bucks rule

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

We all know The Brothers Dust will put on better matches than the Bucks, but you will give it to the Young Bucks. Because you are a Young Bucks mark.

Top Bottom