• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

New #Queen

89NV26x.jpg

2010 monster kane was rad.
I'm still amazed that they handled that as well as they did, well up until Edge at least.
It's like there was a once a year allowance to have a strongly booked Monster Heel that won the WHC, Kane in 2010, Henry in 2011 and Show in 2012.
Of course all three succumbed to the usual shortly after the title wins but oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Some News on notes:

The title winner for money in the bank:

As much as I like the idea of new stars being created when I look at the ladder match lineup I just don't see anyone but Cena working for the time being, almost everyone else needs something to give them actual momentum (we don't want another Swags or Ziggles) and the only one who has right now is the most green of the bunch in Roman Reigns.
And then there's ADR who just isn't ever going to work, seriously if they put the belt on that heatless bore yet again I'd be heavily tempted to go on a hiatus.

Hyped for Matt Sydal in BOLA and TPI this year.

Also, lol, idiots;

LXW.gif

We all know The Brothers Dust will put on better matches than the Bucks, but you will give it to the Young Bucks. Because you are a Young Bucks mark.

And what are you a mark for, Dragonzord? The past? Because that's the only shit I ever see you post positively about. Actually, scratch that - what you said about Cody & Goldust right there was pretty positive. I'm actually shocked. Well done.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All those legendary rybackaxl / Rhodes matches

No one will remember the Young Bucks in 10 years.
And what are you a mark for, Dragonzord? The past? Because that's the only shit I ever see you post positively about. Actually, scratch that - what you said about Cody & Goldust right there was pretty positive. I'm actually shocked. Well done.

I guess you just purposely ignore my posts putting over The Wyatts and Brock. Hell, or even Swagger, Ambrose, and Rollins. 3MB as well. Rusev. I could make a list if you'd like. Junior Hayato, Kenou, Marufuji, KENTA, Yano, Shibata, Sekimoto, Sugiura, Taiji, Ishii, Taichi,

Alucard

Banned
Some News on notes:

The title winner for money in the bank:

Expected because the rematch with Lesnar will draw but the bitching will be amazing here. Plus who he faces at Battleground might lead to hijacking again.

On Stardust:

On vomit:

So Vince had bad coffee and then magic was created.

Fuck them for that MitB winner if true. Totally expected, but annoying as fuck. This is their chance to make someone.

I am re-watching Punk/Bryan from Over the Limit. Title on the line. Heel Bryan. A pissed off Punk going on before Cena/People Power. Booker T on commentary. It's a slobberknocker, folks.

Caught up on Dominion. I like the idea of Bullet Club getting all the belts, but if that's what they were going for, then why have the Bucks drop their belts? Seems counter to what they were going for.

Fuck them for that MitB winner if true. Totally expected, but annoying as fuck. This is their chance to make someone.

Whoever wins at MitB is getting sacrificed to Lesnar in a few months. I'd rather it be
Cena
getting beat by Lesnar than someone with future potential.

I guess you just purposely ignore my posts putting over The Wyatts and Brock.

Maybe I'm just not around to read every single missive you type here? I'm pretty sure I would have remembered had I seen such an outpouring of positivity on your behalf.

serenwarfare said:
Caught up on Dominion. I like the idea of Bullet Club getting all the belts, but if that's what they were going for, then why have the Bucks drop their belts? Seems counter to what they were going for.

Yeah, that was a bit puzzling - the only thing I can think of is that reDRagon will debut as Bullet Club members and feud with Time Splitters for the belt, perhaps becoming both IWGP Jr. and ROH tag champions as part of New Japan's cross-promotion deal with ROH.

tm24

Yeah, that was a bit puzzling - the only thing I can think of is that reDRagon will debut as Bullet Club members and feud with Time Splitters for the belt, perhaps becoming both IWGP Jr. and ROH tag champions as part of New Japan's cross-promotion deal with ROH.

Work visas expiring?

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Starrcade '92 probably doesn't deserve that grade. It probably deserves a C. But man... Muta... love him.

Anyway! 1992 is in the books! Overall I doubt there will be a better year of wrasslin'. I dunno, maybe 1997 or something? I really enjoyed the nWo storyline as a kid. Regardless, it's funny that arguably the best year (in the PPV era, I guess) is the one (and only?) Ric Flair-less year for WCW.

On to 1993 and the first ever RAW!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so happy YASSHI is back. Rolling his R's like no one else can.

TARU looks terrible though. Course, he should be happy he's not in jail so whatever

I'm not one for wrestling shirts typically, but when OneHourTees starts selling NJPW stuff next week, I'm damn sure buying one of those Bullet Club shirts.

njean777

I remember everyone joking that Reigns would get to keep the cool gear and theme whilst Rollins & Ambrose would get shafted with jobber gear when they eventually split up.

Kinda sad.

I think Deans gear fits him, Rollins on the other hand, his gear is garbage. Dean can pull off the tank top with jeans, rollins cannot pull off whatever the fuck he was wearing on smack down.

somedevil

lol, Meltzer is marking so hard right now on twitter after watching the Ricochet vs Ibushi match.

Dave Meltzer @davemeltzerWON · 1h

They needed to shut down Osaka after Ibushi vs. @KingRicochet

I wonder what it's like to not be able to see a solar eclipse when you're looking right at it?

If the show ended at intermission, it would be among the best PPV ever.

Sblargh

Banned
Any reason in particular for hating foreigners on NJPW? Without context, it sounds like a very weeaboo thing to do.

Edit: Dean's new wrestling gear is either a homage to Cody (from Street Fighter) or Zandig. And by wrestling gear, yeah, I mean dressing like he probably does everyday.

strobogo

Banned
Starrcade '92 probably doesn't deserve that grade. It probably deserves a C. But man... Muta... love him.

Anyway! 1992 is in the books! Overall I doubt there will be a better year of wrasslin'. I dunno, maybe 1997 or something? I really enjoyed the nWo storyline as a kid. Regardless, it's funny that arguably the best year (in the PPV era, I guess) is the one (and only?) Ric Flair-less year for WCW.

On to 1993 and the first ever RAW!

WCW has a couple of good shows in 1993, but WWF is dogshit outside of KOTR. I DO NOT suggest watching all of Raws. You will turn into a surely dick headed alcoholic who hates himself more than he hates everyone else. It's pretty consistent.

Also, Cena is not good for ratings. He is good for ticket sales. But not ratings. There has been a documented loss of viewers for Cena segments over the past 2-3 years.

It's funny that Bryan was coming off the 18 seconds Sheamus feud and went upward to the WWE title. Punk is putting him over huge too in this match. It's a shame that a) the feud devolved into AJ stuff and b) we won't get a proper rivalry from these two.

It's funny that Bryan was coming off the 18 seconds Sheamus feud and went upward to the WWE title. Punk is putting him over huge too in this match. It's a shame that a) the feud devolved into AJ stuff and b) we won't get a proper rivalry from these two.

Not just AJ stuff but everyone's favorite deamon on shows up

Any reason in particular for hating foreigners on NJPW? Without context, it sounds like a very weeaboo thing to do.

The usual argument I see is people saying they don't pay for New Japan to see guys they can see on the indies. New Japan have always relied heavily on gaijins, but whether you like the current crop or not is a different matter, I guess.

ghostmind

Well, that Sakuraba/Yano vs. Suzuki/Iizuka match literally put me to sleep last night. Just catching up on the rest of the matches on VOD right now.

Worrying about nationality of talent seems silly. As long as the matches are good and the talent is there, and both are present in NJPW at the moment, it doesn't really matter where the actual wrestlers are from. We are watching for the wrestling after all, are we not?

Sblargh

Banned
You`re all gringos to me. Everyone is from a different nationality and far away from home. Not even Bobo Brazil was from Brazil.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, Cena has almost devolved into an instant fast forward guy for me on Raw. I just sigh and roll my eyes.

"But that's what's so great about you fans! You have your favourites, and you have those you don't like. But that's okay. Because I just love the noise."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You`re all gringos to me. Everyone is from a different nationality and far away from home. Not even Bobo Brazil was from Brazil.
Mom this true.

I just ate two pounds of steak.

Btw, Cena has almost devolved into an instant fast forward guy for me on Raw. I just sigh and roll my eyes.

"But that's what's so great about you fans! You have your favourites, and you have those you don't like. But that's okay. Because I just love the noise."

People paid for their tickets so he respects their right to express their opinion.

John Sina also respects your right to change the channel when he's on. You paid for a cable subscription same as everybody else.

RP912

Banned
I am re-watching Punk/Bryan from Over the Limit. Title on the line. Heel Bryan. A pissed off Punk going on before Cena/People Power. Booker T on commentary. It's a slobberknocker, folks.

The best match of 2012 imo. Dudes tore down the house and were having fun throughout the match. Afterwards cena/big johnny :/.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really glad that I have Cena's approval to not like him. Like I wouldn't allowed to dislike him if he didn't tell me it was ok.

Top Bottom