• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

New Sina:

BnhLv05CYAA91hA.jpg

Btw, Cena has almost devolved into an instant fast forward guy for me on Raw. I just sigh and roll my eyes.

"But that's what's so great about you fans! You have your favourites, and you have those you don't like. But that's okay. Because I just love the noise."

I want to vomit at how he try's to play it off. I know he lays in bed at night and wonders why he's hated, and that's good enough for me.

Alucard

Banned
I want to vomit at how he try's to play it off. I know he lays in bed at night and wonders why he's hated, and that's good enough for me.

I doubt it. Pretty sure he just cares what the kids think of him and what Vince thinks of him. Cena is much bigger than just what he does in the ring. He's important to the company for all of the non-WWE TV stuff he is able to do on top of drawing gate and selling merch.

Showaddy

Is Cena even a massive draw at the gate anymore? I know he sells shit loads of merch to exasperated parents trying to keep their kids happy but do people really still turn up to watch Cena in huge numbers in 2014?

gurudyne

Is Cena even a massive draw at the gate anymore? I know he sells shit loads of merch to exasperated parents trying to keep their kids happy but do people really still turn up to watch Cena in huge numbers in 2014?

If he's in the in the main event scene when network subscriptions start to expire, it'll be interesting to see how many re-up. The way things are going, I don't plan to until the show gets better (basically stopped watching RAW at this point already) or mid-fall when it's too cold to do anything outside. I can't imagine I'm the only network subscriber who's become this disinterested in the current product.

Unrelated, just watched the trailer for that game on sale on Steam, Contagion. Literally laughed out loud when the fry cook showed up. Bald headed white guy with mutton chops and tattoos on the arms.

Alucard

Banned

Those kids buying merch are also the kids wanting to go to shows. And there are probably people who pay to see Cena just because they hope they'll get to see him lose.

Personally, the guy does nothing for me. I'm just indifferent to him at this point except when he wins matches he should have lost. Which I guess is every month or two.

There's a Monday Night Raw coming to Montreal on July 7th, but I just don't have the desire to go because I worry about the three hours of blah, and it would cost about 50 bucks. I'd rather pay for an ROH and NJPW PPV for that price.

strobogo

Banned
Ring of Honor will do its first PPV in direct competition with MitB? Is this a good idea?

I think the price point of $25 is a mistake. It's an indie, and an indie that has frequently had technical issues on just about every IPPV they had and most of their really big shows over the past couple of years have been underwhelming to most.

Ring of Honor will do its first PPV in direct competition with MitB? Is this a good idea?

MITB is next week brother

I think the price point of $25 is a mistake. It's an indie, and an indie that has frequently had technical issues on just about every IPPV they had and most of their really big shows over the past couple of years have been underwhelming to most.

It's on Regular PPV and ustream which has been great for new japan

strobogo

Banned
MITB is next week brother

It's on Regular PPV and ustream which has been great for new japan

I know it is regular PPV, but they've still had a ton of technical problems for big shows over the last 2 years. Plunking down $25 (which is too high imo, should be $15) seems like a real risk.

Alucard

Banned
I know it is regular PPV, but they've still had a ton of technical problems for big shows over the last 2 years. Plunking down $25 (which is too high imo, should be $15) seems like a real risk.

Is it less, more, or the same level of overpaying as TNA charging 40 bucks for their quarterly drivel?

Alucard

Banned
They charge that?! Seriously? I was ballparking between like 25-30 at the least but wow. Food for thought.

Yep. They actually charge that much. And yep. It's ridiculous. In other news, at some points during the year you can get vol 1 and 2 of the Best of the X-Division DVDS for 5 bucks in a combo pack.

Zach

WCW has a couple of good shows in 1993, but WWF is dogshit outside of KOTR. I DO NOT suggest watching all of Raws. You will turn into a surely dick headed alcoholic who hates himself more than he hates everyone else. It's pretty consistent.

The first RAW was pretty bad. I mean, it was still kind of fun, but it wasn't great. Thank Jesus it was only 45 minutes long. And I've never drank in my life. Let's see if not skipping any RAWs changes that...

PInk Tape

Banned
Yep. They actually charge that much. And yep. It's ridiculous. In other news, at some points during the year you can get vol 1 and 2 of the Best of the X-Division DVDS for 5 bucks in a combo pack.

..And they'll probably be better than the PPVs right? No wonder Impact's on shaky ground right now.

strobogo

Banned
The first RAW was pretty bad. I mean, it was still kind of fun, but it wasn't great. Thank Jesus it was only 45 minutes long. And I've never drank in my life. Let's see if not skipping any RAWs changes that...

There are probably 5 Raws in 1993 that aren't absolutely terrible. I think you should look up results and only watch matches with Bret and squash matches from Steiners/Headshrinkers.

Alucard

Banned
..And they'll probably be better than the PPVs right? No wonder Impact's on shaky ground right now.

I love the first Best of the X Division DVD. The second one isn't bad either. And they're both worth a lot more than 5 bucks together considering the amount of quality wrestling you get. The only downside is that neither set includes the Joe/AJ/Daniels match.

Zach

There are probably 5 Raws in 1993 that aren't absolutely terrible. I think you should look up results and only watch matches with Bret and squash matches from Steiners/Headshrinkers.

For all of the events I've graded, I've made sure to focus on what's going on. So if I'm distracted or busy or something comes up, I pause or come back to it later. For RAW, I plan on just kind of having it on in the background, paying close attention when something catches my eye or ear. I think that's a manageable compromise.

Alucard

Banned
How long was NJPW Dominion? Debating paying for the ustream on-demand tonight and doing a writeup for it. Would I be in for a four-hour show?

Top Bottom