• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

PInk Tape

Banned
I love the first Best of the X Division DVD. The second one isn't bad either. And they're both worth a lot more than 5 bucks together considering the amount of quality wrestling you get. The only downside is that neither set includes the Joe/AJ/Daniels match.

I've always found the X-Division interesting but I've never really been into the Impact show itself. Hmm, I may check this out at some point.

Remember when people felt TNA was one big star and a Monday night slot away from being a legit #2?

I remember people online hoping that it would reach #2 and then take the #1 spot from WWE.
iQ33MmurTj33d.png

The thirst for the return of the Attitude Era is real guys.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
How long was NJPW Dominion? Debating paying for the ustream on-demand tonight and doing a writeup for it. Would I be in for a four-hour show?

I haven't watched it yet, but the show should be about 4 hours total give or take. There's usually an intermission in the middle and post show commentary at the end, so excluding that it's probably closer to 3.5 hours.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GLORY17 was good. Y'all missed the fun. Entertainment deluxe.

Remember when people felt TNA was one big star and a Monday night slot away from being a legit #2?

To be fair I think a few years ago when TNA was actually trying I think it was ok to expect them to grow a little.

Its kind of amazing how stagnant TNA's popularity actually is. That TNA ratings gif is 5 years old now and as accurate now as it was then.

At least WWE ratings have been slowly trending down the last decade. TNA has been stuck around the 1.1 - 1.0 mark forever. That sort of consistency in mediocrity is impressive

zychi

Banned
To be fair I think a few years ago when TNA was actually trying I think it was ok to expect them to grow a little.

Its kind of amazing how stagnant TNA's popularity actually is. That TNA ratings gif is 5 years old now and as accurate now as it was then.

At least WWE ratings have been slowly trending down the last decade. TNA is has been stuck around the 1.1 - 1.0 mark forever. That sort of consistency in mediocrity is impressive

That Bischoff Hogan effect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TNA has hit a new low ratings wise every month this year, save one.

JavyOO7

I just saw the WCCW documentary on WWE Network.

Damn. Just damn.

I want to see Heroes of World Class Now. Supposedly goes deeper into the promotion than the WWE doc did. But I still feel it was a good doc.

Kevin is just a strong person. Not sure how else to articulate that point, really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Damn. Just damn.

I want to see Heroes of World Class Now. Supposedly goes deeper into the promotion than the WWE doc did. But I still feel it was a good doc.

Kevin is just a strong person. Not sure how else to articulate that point, really.
Yeah it's intense. Such a cascade of horrible shit. Really depressing.

When Microsoft officially dropped the Kinect last month I did get PR flashbacks to when TNA "listening to the fans" and returning to Thursday nights after the move to Monday failed.

Suck a dumb time in pro wrestling. That + Bret coming back and have that 5 star feud with the box.

Mengetsu

I'm all out of fucks to give tonight after watching The Raid Redemption and The Raid 2 back to back.
If the main character is dead I'm gonna be so upset!
if there isn't a 3rd one ill be so mad :/

strobogo

Banned
When Microsoft officially dropped the Kinect last month I did get PR flashbacks to when TNA "listening to the fans" and returning to Thursday nights after the move to Monday failed.

Suck a dumb time in pro wrestling. That + Bret coming back and have that 5 star feud with the box.

Suck it. Bret's original return to Raw was great. Felt so cathartic. Bret and Shawn hugging in the ring. It was rad. A great moment for 80s/90s wrassle fans.

friends, canadian Simon Marcus vs gringo Joe Schilling just provided more sports entertainment than the WWE ever will this year.

edit: and it's not even over yet!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every WWE documentary ever utters this phrase in one form or another: 'You could just tell, this guy was gonna be a star.' Every. single. one.

Damn. Just damn.

There was some Texas news special shortly after Kerry's death, and Kevin was completely stoic in it. It was hard to believe, but I guess you have to be strong to survive everything he's survived. He makes Bret look soft.

Cagey

Banned
Wrasslebros, I just saw Dave Chappelle. My life has changed for the better. He's still god tier. Anyone in NYC should drop the coin and go.

Mengetsu

Wrasslebros, I just saw Dave Chappelle. My life has changed for the better. He's still god tier. Anyone in NYC should drop the coin and go.

If only you would had gone on Wednesday you missed Dean Ambrose and Renne Young watching the show too. My friend who works there he's ushering all his shows this week said he's better then before.

Cagey

Banned
If only you would had gone on Wednesday you missed Dean Ambrose and Renne Young watching the show too. My friend who works there he's ushering all his shows this week said he's better then before.
His routine was flawless. It was actual stand up, not the meandering stream of consciousness I saw in 2010

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Those Early Flair promos with the NWA title, you can REALLY hear the Billy Graham in him. Like it's almost Miz doing Rock impressions levels of bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching these Flair promos, could you imagine if back then these guys all had to wear their fucking wrestling t-shirts instead of the suits and tore up t-shirts and vests and whatnot?

Alucard

Banned
I just watched a bunch of Dusty Rhodes promos on youtube. Easily one of the top five promos of all time. Man. So natural, so quick, so engaging.

Alucard

Banned

Damn. Just damn.

Waiting for mine to come in the mail. Looking forward to watching it and checking out the matches. I never followed anything non-WWE. Got into wrestling in 1990 and only watched Vince's promotion until the Monday Night Wars.

Alucard

Banned
Saw a 2/3 falls match recently where a guy won both falls. I wanna say it was Jay Lethal vs. Somebody in ROH. Was a little while ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fucking Crockett on Flair's documentary talking about how Flair is a talent who won't suck up while Flair just spends all of the documentary talking about how great WWE, how it's the most professional, how it's all he ever wanted, etc

Rainmaker

Banned
Saw a 2/3 falls match recently where a guy won both falls. I wanna say it was Jay Lethal vs. Somebody in ROH. Was a little while ago.

Jay Lethal vs Tommaso Ciampa from the Wrestlemania weekend TV tapings, I believe. It's where Lethal wins the TV title and joins Truth Martini.

It's always refreshing to see that happen especially in a match that was as entertaining as that one.

Top Bottom