• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Wayne_Barrett_vs._Bogdan_Stoica.gif
nice!!!!

Like Rog taking out Adon in SF!!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Remember when people felt TNA was one big star and a Monday night slot away from being a legit #2?

I never quite understood that idea and perception, but I do admit to once believing TNA had a chance to be a solid and legitimate #2 that could have been stable for years and eventually grow into the "competition" decades later as long as it remained solid and continued to grow. Knockouts, X-Division/Diversion, Samoa Joe on a tear before they just wasted him on Angle, etc.

Too many people, including on the inside it feels like, just felt that they hated WWE automatically, but all they actually wanted was more WWE style even though it went all wrong. Now I'm not even sure TNA could be considered close to being a legitimate #2 that's been out-lapped by WWE several times over. Nay, now it's ROH who looks to head that position so very far behind, and it still above the others.

Every WWE documentary ever utters this phrase in one form or another: 'You could just tell, this guy was gonna be a star.' Every. single. one.

Well, The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior.

Hasney

Is one of you an assassin? I was drinking all night, had about 4 hours sleep and now someone's gardening with a chainsaw. Please kill.

Sblargh

Banned
Every WWE documentary ever utters this phrase in one form or another: 'You could just tell, this guy was gonna be a star.' Every. single. one.

"You could just tell, we will give this guy a horrible gimmick that would fail and then he would get over on his own for reasons we did not see coming and only after that we would push him"

Alucard

Banned
"You could just tell, we will give this guy a horrible gimmick that would fail and then he would get over on his own for reasons we did not see coming and only after that we would push him"

I can dig this.

"You just knew...that Vince had no faith in this guy's character succeeding, but that he would still get over on his own anyways."

Joeki11a

Banned
I hope WWE gives Rollins the mask look, first of looks Heelish and he looked the best with it.
Come on you can sell that merch easy.

Sblargh

Banned
Ambrose is the most interesting post-Shield character imo. Actually, he might be the most interesting character right now and he should have a good feud with Rollins. Ambrose is just a great entertainer, he is unique, funny, it doesn't look like he is trying to be the new Hogan/Austin/Rock/Shawn. His character is in an interesting place because he is a loose canon who have reason to be angry and his way of dealing with problems is jumping into the ring and punching people (Sheamus should take notice of how a brawler hould behave).

I feel like he is one amazing match away (which should happen with Rollins) to reaching "too big to ignore" status that is how WWE create stars by accident.

Joeki11a

Banned
Ambrose is the most interesting post-Shield character imo. Actually, he might be the most interesting character right now and he should have a good feud with Rollins. Ambrose is just a great entertainer, he is unique, funny, it doesn't look like he is trying to be the new Hogan/Austin/Rock/Shawn. His character is in an interesting place because he is a loose canon who have reason to be angry and his way of dealing with problems is jumping into the ring and punching people (Sheamus should take notice of how a brawler hould behave).

I feel like he is one amazing match away (which should happen with Rollins) to reaching "too big to ignore" status that is how WWE create stars by accident.

Brian Pillmann wannabe...

El Ligero is amazing, and at this point I'm convinced there isn't a UK Show he's booked on. Yet the rest of the names, I don't know. I get the impression it'll be a bloody mess too.

Noam Dar and Rampage are both great, Rampage's probably my favourite British heavyweight at the moment, great wrestler and I know from experience that he can have an excellent match with Ligero. Grado's a lot of fun and Dar's a real funny fucker as well, so that should be a proper enjoyable match. Haven't heard of many of the other names, although The Bucky Boys and Kay Lee Ray are meant to be pretty good.

Noam Dar and Rampage are both great, Rampage's probably my favourite British heavyweight at the moment, great wrestler and I know from experience that he can have an excellent match with Ligero. Grado's a lot of fun and Dar's a real funny fucker as well, so that should be a proper enjoyable match. Haven't heard of many of the other names, although The Bucky Boys and Kay Lee Ray are meant to be pretty good.

You've convinced me, plus I shouldn't be a twat about it considering it's on my doorstep. Also I totally forgot Vamos Festival was last night, it's a celebration of Mexican Culture (for whatever reason) in Newcastle. They put on a few wrestling matches too.

I know I'm late on this, but why would Barrett have his Bad News be something as up in the air as a Soccer match on Smackdown? Clearly it was filmed before whatever he was talking about actually happened and Michael Cole yelling about how stupid what he said was made him look like an idiot. Does he write his own Bad News or is there a writer in the back that's like "Soccer is topical! Talk about that!"

Aiii

So not worth it
People who aren't watching Glory yet need to get on that asap!

Especially those that can't get into UFC due to rest holds. Glory is basically ninety minutes of two guys kicking and punching the shit out of each other.

Great preview for ROH's PPV tonight;

Best in The World Preview - Ring of Honor Wrestling: http://youtu.be/3V4i8jaC64U

I'm hoping to be tuning in to the PPV tonight if my cable company are showing it. My wife is up for watching the Briscoes for the first time in a long time too, and I want to get some Kevin Steen on to tide me over until he possibly surfaces in NXT. Thanks for posting this. I will watch it sometime later.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At this point I'm convinced there's one dude who jerks off to Torrie Wilson's Bra and Panties Match every goddamn day:

pWGayBy.png

strobogo

Banned
louthesz.jpg

Laser, look, this could be your work in a couple of years!

Fat shame me guys. I did 20 miles yesterday and ate way under my caloric goal (sometimes veggies do fill me up and I don't want to eat and I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry), but today we're having pizza for dinner, and tomorrow I'm going to a Mexican place for lunch. I'm going to try to do 20 miles today, which should cancel out the pizza, but I'm nervous about the Mexican place. I don't even know what you can get at a Mexican place that isn't terrible for you. I am down 10 pounds though.

louthesz.jpg

Laser, look, this could be your work in a couple of years!

Fat shame me guys. I did 20 miles yesterday and ate way under my caloric goal (sometimes veggies do fill me up and I don't want to eat and I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry), but today we're having pizza for dinner, and tomorrow I'm going to a Mexican place for lunch. I'm going to try to do 20 miles today, which should cancel out the pizza, but I'm nervous about the Mexican place. I don't even know what you can get at a Mexican place that isn't terrible for you. I am down 10 pounds though.

I went to Taco Bell twice yesterday and throughout the day had pancakes, cereal, and multiple omelettes. You are fine brah.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B

And finally, the Blonds are born.

jred2k

Are you going to the Mexican place for a special occasion or are you just consciously deciding to eat like a fatty for no good reason?

Sorry. I don't really mean it.

Jamie OD

People who aren't watching Glory yet need to get on that asap!

Especially those that can't get into UFC due to rest holds. Glory is basically ninety minutes of two guys kicking and punching the shit out of each other.

To me Kickboxing is great in highlight form but I can't really get into watching full events. Was Glory really that good last night?

Top Bottom