• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Showaddy

salty Bootaaay sees the shoot fight future and can't handle it.

I look forward to the glorious return of Brawl 4 All.
butterbean.gif

strobogo

Banned
To me Kickboxing is great in highlight form but I can't really get into watching full events. Was Glory really that good last night?

Benefits of GLORY over UFC:

3 minute rounds feel much shorter than 5, so the action is fast and a whole fight takes 10 minutes.

Guys are broken up as soon as they're hanging on each other, which means no chance of lay and pray style bullshit

Guys are much more willing to throw crazy combos or out there strikes because they don't have to worry about being taken down

Lots of dancing during entrances

Downsides of GLORY over UFC:

Terrible announcing

Gene Simmons

Gene Simmons' daughter being no where in sight

No clinching

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay's broken. Dragonzord brought out the rarely-seen "Mean Bootaaay" so we gotta placate him with lariatos and brainbustaaaahs to get back "Mild Bootaaay" that we know and love.

Vince McMahon said:
Bootaaay's broken. Dragonzord brought out the rarely-seen "Mean Bootaaay" so we gotta placate him with lariatos and brainbustaaaahs to get back "Mild Bootaaay" that we know and love.

It's all good, I'm back now. I watched some All Japan, watched a Legends of Wrestling on the territories (Hayes is such a self-important ass, lol) and re-watched Ibushi vs Ricochet. WRESTLING!!

Meltzer confirmed that it's gonna be reDRagon vs. Time Splitters at the G1 Finals show. Hype.

AWESOME!! Hoping reDRagon take the belts.

Bootaaay can't handle the unpredictability of life. also explains why you support West Ham, that midtable spot reserved every season, no surprises. AH!

Heh, we might have finished mid-table for the past two seasons, but that's been a rare period of relative stability amid years of drama.

somedevil

I feel sorry for Graves he seems to have Christians horrible ability to recover from them. Also, I find it funny that TNA actually beat WWE to punch by putting the title on a jacked up former MMA fighter.

Matt Sydal just hinted on twitter that he's at the ROH show tonight.

He won't be able to appear on camera, presumably, but it'd be real cool to see him back in ROH again.

somedevil

He won't be able to appear on camera, presumably, but it'd be real cool to see him back in ROH again.

So how long till TNA tries to steal him from ROH?

Going by Court Bauer is hinting there is like this feud between ROH and TNA right now. With rumors of TNA somehow behind the lack of advertising and then bauer putting out the news on his podcast Joe and Aries are not happy because Bully Ray has to much booking power.

Alucard

Banned

With the 90-day no compete clause, does that mean he just can't wrestle, or he literally can't show up at any show to do anything, which includes wrestling OR cutting a promo?

What if they just showed him in the crowd?

somedevil

With the 90-day no compete clause, does that mean he just can't wrestle, or he literally can't show up at any show to do anything, which includes wrestling OR cutting a promo?

What if they just showed him in the crowd?

He can do Indies but he can't be on shows that are televised or on pay per view. So he can't do ROH or TNA until September.

Alucard

Banned
So how long till TNA tries to steal him from ROH?

Going by Court Bauer is hinting there is like this feud between ROH and TNA right now. With rumors of TNA somehow behind the lack of advertising and then bauer putting out the news on his podcast Joe and Aries are not happy because Bully Ray has to much booking power.

Interesting stuff.

I really hope ROH hits their buy goal for tonight. Help us, GAF! Let's make ROH the true number two!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love the way Cavernario moves his head for selling. He's really talented, and has a great look. But Hechicero just moves amazingly, looks standard in all aspects until he performs. Then he's just a revelation, so much fun. Not to take anything away from Cavernario, though.

I love the way Cavernario moves his head for selling. He's really talented, and has a great look. But Hechicero just moves amazingly, looks standard in all aspects until he performs. Then he's just a revelation, so much fun. Not to take anything away from Cavernario, though.

Cavernario's mannerisms really are awesome, such a great character and gimmick, I love it. And, yeah, very impressed with Hechicero - starting to agree with tm; heavy-set luchadors just throwing fools about can be pretty damn great.

Hey WrassleGAF, pizoxuat's employer threw a party and they hired a couple of facepainters to work it, so I knew what I must do. The lady I got was very good at doing tigers and butterflies and puppy dogs, and she tried her best with my special request. Pizoxuat was requested to get a monster face by our daughter, so don't go thinking she asked for Jeff Harvey or something.

When we got home I gave her the deep inhale and she was very startled, it was awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cavernario's mannerisms really are awesome, such a great character and gimmick, I love it. And, yeah, very impressed with Hechicero - starting to agree with tm; heavy-set luchadors just throwing fools about can be pretty damn great.

*looks shiftily around*
ay man I got these Silver King and El Dandy DVDs...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bo didn't debut last year. Come on, guys, he ain't making it into the game. Probably next year's though when he's already been sent back to NXT.

Awwwwwwww, yes...PWG killing it with the BOLA announcements;

1. Matt Sydal
2. Drew Gulak
3. Trevor Lee
4. Chris Sabin
5. Johnny Gargano
6. Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins)

Well, maybe not Curt, but it'll be interesting to see how he does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awwwwwwww, yes...PWG killing it with the BOLA announcements;

1. Matt Sydal
2. Drew Gulak
3. Trevor Lee
4. Chris Sabin
5. Johnny Gargano
6. Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins)

Well, maybe not Curt, but it'll be interesting to see how he does.

nice list, but I'm really itchin to see Sydal get back to work.

Add Michael Elgin to that list, too.

Also, I just realised that BOLA has 24 damn participants this year! Fuck. G1 then BOLA, gonna be a good month or so of wrestling.

The non-competes are not binding. Anyone can break them whenever they would like. They just wouldn't get paid for the 90-day period from WWE like they would if they didn't break it. So Sydal can appear on the ROH show tonight, he would just be giving up 90-days of WWE pay.

jred2k

Is BOLA the next PWG event, or is there something else between now and then?

Nevermind, I see there is an event on July 26th.

I really want some Brit indy guys to get a Johnny Storm/Jody Fleisch/Doug Williams style US tour. Hit BOLA along the way. Why doesn't that kind of thing happen anymore?

Top Bottom