• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Alucard

Banned
The non-competes are not binding. Anyone can break them whenever they would like. They just wouldn't get paid for the 90-day period from WWE like they would if they didn't break it. So Sydal can appear on the ROH show tonight, he would just be giving up 90-days of WWE pay.

Yeah, he'd be pretty dumb to give up 90 days of non-working pay just to appear on an ROH PPV. I love ROH, but let's call a spade a spade.

Yeah, he'd be pretty dumb to give up 90 days of non-working pay just to appear on an ROH PPV. I love ROH, but let's call a spade a spade.

Oh definitely. That's why guys typically just wait them out. I'm just pointing out that him appearing is not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

you need to strike while the iron is hot. Chris hero was booked for months after wwe cut him. Bounre can make a lot of money with bookings. he is still a hot name

I really want some Brit indy guys to get a Johnny Storm/Jody Fleisch/Doug Williams style US tour. Hit BOLA along the way. Why doesn't that kind of thing happen anymore?

US indies seem less willing to fly European guys out these days, so if talent want to tour the states they have to pay their own air fare. Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne did that last year and left a good impression. Also, AIW are bringing in Grado this September!

Fale vs nakamura was great. better than i expected. emphised Fale stregths . WWE could learn to book reigns from this. Made Fale look legit

tumblr_n7jjqtCx981st2unoo1_500.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see a handful of British talents come over here and go on a tear in a circuit. Have Dave Mastiff go on a Tour of Pain.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, should I make an OT thread for the ROH PPV to try to get more people on board?

My predictions for ROH Best in the World In 3 hours:
SteenYoung.jpg

Steen puts Young over on his way out of the company. I hope Steen actually got a WWE contract and that he will be successful. This match should be pretty fun, but also feature an emotional speech by Steen at the end.

CedricStrong.jpg

It will be weird and/or interesting to see these two guys work a submission match. I see Alexander going over, as Roddy puts over the next crop of talent. However, expect to see Alexander get beat down by The Decade afterwards.

KazDanielsReDRagon2.jpg

This could be the match of the show. While Kaz and Daniels are newbies, I fully expect ReDRagon to retain their belts here. I wouldn't be opposed to a Kaz and Daniels victory, but it would feel a little strange after ReDRagon just winning the belts back last month.

BriscoesHardyBennett.jpg

Matt Hardy is going to TNA, which likely means him and Bennett will take the loss here. I'm okay with it, but I'm also a bit bored of The Briscoes. Either way, this should be an entertaining match with a lot of brawling.

bitwmatchbriscoestavenlethalmp4still001.jpg

Both of these guys can work, and this could be Taven's big coming out party...provided he has listened to fans and critics alike when it comes to changing up his look a bit. Still, Lethal should retain as he continues building heat for his heel run. I think he's been great at it so far.

6manmayhem.jpg

Six man mayhem to decide the number one contender for the TV Title. I'd be really surprised if anyone not named ACH wins this, although perhaps someone like Caprice Coleman could use it more.

ColeElgin.jpg

Elgin FTW here. He has been way overdue for an ROH World Title run. Is it too late? Did ROH miss the boat and not pull the trigger when he was at his hottest? We'll see after the reaction he gets tonight.

There are also expected to be a couple of surprises at this show. Two TV matches are expected to be recorded before the PPV starts, but there just MAY be a surprise appearance by someone. I guess we'll see.

Sblargh

Banned
I'll be honest and lose the respect from everyone, but the lack of gimmicks in RoH is a negative to me. :(

I don't like bullshit like interference and cheating refs. (tho I don't mind people cheating as long as it is clearly behind the ref's back); but I do find that silly cartoon characters make everything easier to enjoy. To that, I go back to Shimmer, where everyone has a character and it doesn't stop the matches from being good.

Alucard

Banned
He looks a bit like Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York

He's awesome. One of the best heels in the company today, and his character is as old-school as you can get in 2014. He calls other guys "pansies" and "fairies." He really does look at himself as "the last real man" in promos.

Alucard

Banned
I'll be honest and lose the respect from everyone, but the lack of gimmicks in RoH is a negative to me. :(

I don't like bullshit like interference and cheating refs. (tho I don't mind people cheating as long as it is clearly behind the ref's back); but I do find that silly cartoon characters make everything easier to enjoy. To that, I go back to Shimmer, where everyone has a character and it doesn't stop the matches from being good.

ROH still has gimmicks and entertaining wrestlers and teams.

Silas Young is a machbro.
Delirious is a crazed lunatic.
War Machine are beefy ass kickers.

But I get what you're saying. A lot of the wrestlers are simply wrestlers who want to prove they're better than the next guy. However, there are still compelling stories that go on.

Cagey

Banned
ROH still has gimmicks and entertaining wrestlers and teams.

Silas Young is a machbro.
Delirious is a crazed lunatic.
War Machine are beefy ass kickers.

But I get what you're saying. A lot of the wrestlers are simply wrestlers who want to prove they're better than the next guy. However, there are still compelling stories that go on.

It makes for situations where the face and heel designations are an afterthought. Similar looks, similar styles, similar moves, etc. Too often, ROH interprets shades of grey to mean very little difference.

Matt Hardy on Cheap Heat blamed wrestlers there, not snark ads smarks, for not succeeding as true heels because the wrestlers maintain the same style as the faces with the spots and work rate.

tm24

Is BOLA the next PWG event, or is there something else between now and then?

Nevermind, I see there is an event on July 26th.

Eleven! Which should be great! Which I'll be at!

Bootaaay, why didnt you gif Hechicero's sweet moonsault to the outside?

Alucard

Banned
If I buy the iPPV from ustream, I also get the VOD, right?

I think you can re-watch the UStream for a while once you order it. Not 100 percent on that, though.

Just ordered the PPV on my television. 35 bucks in Canada. I'm hyped. People within the company have said it's going to be a "no nonsense show."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It makes for situations where the face and heel designations are an afterthought. Similar looks, similar styles, similar moves, etc. Too often, ROH interprets shades of grey to mean very little difference.

Matt Hardy on Cheap Heat blamed wrestlers there, not snark ads smarks, for not succeeding as true heels because the wrestlers maintain the same style as the faces with the spots and work rate.

It's funny because Raven had been saying that back when ROH was in its prime, and it's only gotten worse.

Alucard

Banned

I dunno. I think Adam Cole is a pretty great heel. He constantly retreats and tries cheating when he can to win. Although I suppose heels shouldn't have as high a workrate to be disliked by fans?

strobogo

Banned
Now I am in possession of a LG Thrill. I need to get a more recent Android up on this sumbitch. It's running 2.3. Which means no Spotify or Double Double E Network.

Top Bottom