• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

DMczaf

10472027_621803531222711_1912821148_n.jpg

no

no
nononononoo

I say yes to everyone asking about buying the ROH PPV. Yes, it's indie wrestling, and there will be spot fests, but the Briscoes are the best active tag team in wrestling right now, and you will get to see Kevin Steen wrestle, which is always worth your time.

US indies seem less willing to fly European guys out these days, so if talent want to tour the states they have to pay their own air fare. Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne did that last year and left a good impression. Also, AIW are bringing in Grado this September!

I guess it doesn't make sense from a return standpoint. Maybe someone needs to get some working argreements going?

jred2k

Every time I think about wanting to watch the ROH PPV I'm reminded that I'd have to listen to Kelly and Corino for 3 hours. Maybe I can just mute the stream and play Yakety Sax instead.

Heel

Will the crowd boo Kevin Stein and start a "You sold out!" chant for attempting to progress his career beyond middle school gymnasiums?

Alucard

Banned
Every time I think about wanting to watch the ROH PPV I'm reminded that I'd have to listen to Kelly and Corino for 3 hours. Maybe I can just mute the stream and play Yakety Sax instead.

This makes me sad. I think Kelly and Corino are one of the best announce teams around. They're not Lenny Leonard and Dave Prazac, but they are still entertaining.

Nigel McGuinness will also be on commentary at some point during the show.

Alucard

Banned
Will the crowd boo Kevin Stein and start a "You sold out!" chant for attempting to progress his career beyond middle school gymnasiums?

Nah. ROH fans have largely moved past this antiquated idea. Most are happy that the guys they watched develop are finally getting paid good money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Regardless, he's a unique personality on the mic, and he loves working live crowds. I could see him playing a great heat seeking heel.

A) Huge difference between a indie crowd and a WWE crowd. And no NXT is NOT a WWE crowd.
B) You ain't working shit with scripted promos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wyatt writes his own stuff

Creative has input and final say on his promos. Bray is just allowed to suggest things to add to it. There was a whole story about how a reason Bray was so popular backstage is that the creative likes working on his promos.
"daddy, who's this short fat fuck?"

"i dunno Jimmy, he's even worse than the Valdevilles or whatever the fuck their name is. where's the Viper?"

that's all the heat Steen would ever get.

That's complete bullshit.

...No one would even remember what the fuck the Valdevilles are. They'd likely be called that hipster team if remembered at all.

Regardless, he's a unique personality on the mic, and he loves working live crowds. I could see him playing a great heat seeking heel.

"daddy, who's this short fat fuck?"

"i dunno Jimmy, he's even worse than the Valdevilles or whatever the fuck their name is. where's the Viper?"

that's all the heat Steen would ever get.

UberTag

You say this as if Cole, JBL and Lawler are tolerable. Or even competent, for that matter.

I feel like the same guys saying Steen can't or won't get over are the same guys who said or would have said that Bryan or Rollins couldn't get over before they came to WWE. Height/weight has nothing to do with getting over, at least not in a true sense. Yeah, a guy like Big Show or Khali will get the initial "wow that guy is big", but staying power has nothing to do with size. And the fact that there are still guys who don't realize that is kind of sad.

I say yes to everyone asking about buying the ROH PPV. Yes, it's indie wrestling, and there will be spot fests, but the Briscoes are the best active tag team in wrestling right now, and you will get to see Kevin Steen wrestle, which is always worth your time.

Briscoes.

huh.

nope nope nope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how every time an indie guy gets signed they're going to be the next Bryan or Punk or Rollins. They're never going to be the next Kaval, Colt, or Chris Harris.

I like how every time an indie guy gets signed they're going to be the next Bryan or Punk or Rollins. They're never going to be the next Kaval, Colt, or Chris Harris.

I'm not saying he will be the next of any guy. I'm saying we don't know and that whether he succeeds or fails has zero to do with his height or weight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty excited to see how JTG and Shad reinvent themselves, or if they even do. It should be awesome. They look excited and happy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would say have them go all Gangstas SMW era, but they don't have the charisma to do it. And they certainly aren't off-the-hinge enough to do it like New Jack. 'Think we all know why they fired me!'

Alucard

Banned
I think Steen could definitely get over on the main roster. His mic skills are superior to Ziggler, Barrett, Sheamus, and a load of other mid and upper tier guys.

UberTag

Rollins doesn't belong in that company yet. The verdict is still out on him.
Hopefully the Ambrose feud pays dividends for both guys but I'm not terribly optimistic.
Landing the briefcase next weekend could help.

Top Bottom