• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

I'm not saying he will be the next of any guy. I'm saying we don't know and that whether he succeeds or fails has zero to do with his height or weight.

Height may not matter. But, Rollins, Punk, and Bryan all look like they're in relatively good shape (insert skinny fat joke) while Steen, while he looks better, still looks like a chubby guy working a shift at Home Depot. Remember, Chris Hero got shit for his physique in developmental, and he had friends.

Surfer Sting
tumblr_n7a49sXwbc1sg99p0o1_500.png

The absolute worst.
The NES WCW game was pretty good, I've never played this one though.

Alucard

Banned
Height may not matter. But, Rollins, Punk, and Bryan all look like they're in relatively good shape (insert skinny fat joke) while Steen, while he looks better, still looks like a chubby guy working a shift at Home Depot. Remember, Chris Hero got shit for his physique in developmental, and he had friends.

Eh, we'll see. Mojo Rawley and Bo Dallas seem to be doing alright.

Striker

Rollins doesn't belong in that company yet. The verdict is still out on him.
Hopefully the Ambrose feud pays dividends for both guys but I'm not terribly optimistic.
Landing the briefcase next weekend could help.
I feel like winning the MitB and Royal Rumble these days mean nothing. Edge was the last guy who won the briefcase and have it actually matter. The last Rumble winner that helped elevate somebody and them capitalizing on it was... probably Batista in 2005. Could have done more for Rey but outside the Mania match they didn't give him a decent run.

I feel like winning the MitB and Royal Rumble these days mean nothing. Edge was the last guy who won the briefcase and have it actually matter. The last Rumble winner that helped elevate somebody and them capitalizing on it was... probably Batista in 2005. Could have done more for Rey but outside the Mania match they didn't give him a decent run.

The last person the briefcase elevated you could say was Bryan.

strobogo

Banned
This phone is dogshit. Can't connect to data so can only access internet via wifi. Battery life is atrocious. Is stuck at Android 2.2.2. You can update to ICS via PC (which I don't have a cable for anyway), but everything I've read says it kills the phone and makes a ton of running apps that kill your already pathetic battery life. It's really not even better than a flip phone, because with the flipper, I have unlimited data and can tether it to old iPhone or tablet where ever I'm at. It does have a dope screen though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mark Henry put over Bryan huge though. Made him look amazing by actually selling for him and letting him get the better of him multiple times.

Striker

The last person the briefcase elevated you could say was Bryan.
He went from midcard to upper midcard. It elevated him the same way it elevated Jack Swagger or CM Punk (at the time). It didn't keep them in that spot long term, like it did when Edge won it, cashed in on Cena and was a staple of the main event for a long period of time. Instead, he had a short WHC run and few months later was in a tag team role.

strobogo

Banned
Well I rode 20 miles again today, even though I stopped and didn't think I was going to get to 20. I found out that's how far I went after I got home. But now I have so much to catch up on. A bunch of shit on the Network. I think 3 episodes of Total Divas. GoT season finale. My care box for Bronson. Continuing to read The Sandman. But all I particularly want to do is dunk on fools with MJ and Pippen.

dream

Holy shit, this "Michael Elgin" is hilarious indie in every way, from his name, to his interview ability, to his terrible look.

No sound, my temporary laptop's an utter piece of shit and the ROH logo on the Ustream player covers up the full screen button on mobile. Fuck. I'll watch this in the morning.

dream

"Mandy Leon" is wasting her time in pro wrestling when she could have an average career as a ring card girl for Showtime Shobox.

He went from midcard to upper midcard. It elevated him the same way it elevated Jack Swagger or CM Punk (at the time). It didn't keep them in that spot long term, like it did when Edge won it, cashed in on Cena and was a staple of the main event for a long period of time. Instead, he had a short WHC run and few months later was in a tag team role.

Edge lost the belt after 3 weeks and didn't get put back into the title picture for a long time. I don't remember exactly, but didn't he win his second title because Anderson/Kennedy got injured and had to give up his brief case? I suppose the fact that he defeated The Undertaker cemented his main event status. But not the first cash in.

dream

Speaking of "Mandy Leon," wtf@spindashing

10410131_697758243630489_1718578108597608719_n.jpg

wrestling fans who turn their wrestling fandom into a gimmick are the worst.

Sblargh

Banned
Does everyone in the world cuts promos like Randy Orton? Is this an inside joke?

I really miss people angry, pointing at the camera and screaming.

Instead.... of talking... hehe... like this... pause for heel smile.

Striker

Edge lost the belt after 3 weeks and didn't get put back into the title picture for a long time. I don't remember exactly, but didn't he win his second title because Anderson/Kennedy got injured and had to give up his brief case? I suppose the fact that he defeated The Undertaker cemented his main event status. But not the first cash in.
He feuded with Foley after that and then intervened with Triple H and Cena prior to the ECW show where helped RVD win (and would win the title shortly after).

Even when he formed Rated RKO with poops in bags, it was still a major story because it centered around the top talent on the show.

Heel

Honestly, I'm tempted to watch just to see Kevin Stein's heartfelt attempt to reason with indie wrestling fans who don't understand why he isn't "doing it for the love."

The thing is, to do that I'd have to watch Ring of Honor.

Top Bottom