• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Gorillaz

I would say it is fun if you look at it in a "nothing tonight is actually 'canon'" type of way. Still it's a little jarring

Phatmac

I say we wait until tomorrow's raw before calling it filler. Hopefully this ppv ended the big feuds that were happening.

Gorillaz

I joke about wanting a new NoD but I don't think they can pull if off.

Alicia Fox would definitely and should be apart of it if they did it.

But that's wrestling. Wrestling is not movies. Wrestling's existence is to get you to tune in to Raw, to get you to buy the next PPV. It is why people say the product sucks or the product is awesome. Why people say WWE rules or WWE sucks. They don't say Payback rules or Payback sucked in the general sense. These are long-term characters and the entire booking of WWE is to want you to keep watching. I mean, 'What's gonna happen on Raw?' or 'See you on Nitro' is the go-to closing statement for a reason.

I agree, but you are judging things that haven't happened yet. Almost all of tonight's matches were good both technically and in terms of telling the story they were going for. Right now, that's the known. That's what we can judge. Judging the unknown is unfair because it leads to assumptions of things that may never even happen. Like I said, just because we don't know where a story is going doesn't mean there isn't a direction in place.

Since both will probably be in the MITB match this Bray/Cena still will probably drag on a little longer but I do hope this is the end of the feud for the most part.

What a crappy feud. I guess Cena will move onto Cesaro next or is it time for Rusev to be jobbed out and turned into a comedy character?

I'd fully support that. Black folk in WWE have been getting it rougher than usual in the past couple of months. Have any black wrestlers besides Fox won a match in the last 2 months?

Was R-Truth winning during his crazy R-Truth, pre-lil jimmy days? Do you think Vince is like the white guy on set of Chappelle Show that Dave cancelled the show of because he was laughing too hard at the racist jokes?

It was an amazing win though.

I'm not sure if you're serious...

It was a great match, but I'd rather Bray just didn't get up from the AA than John dropping a giant suitcase on him. =_=

'Whether you like em or hate em, you gotta respect John Cena.'
'But fuck fans who don't like our show.'

I don't even hate Cena. I don't care when he wins, I get it. I understand. I just hate when his matches have ridiculous endings involving Duct Tape or Chair Avalanches or no selling DDTs on concrete.

strobogo

Banned
AA off of something onto/into something has to stop. That's the lamest and easiest finish he can have for his big gimmick matches and he does it in all of them.

MC Safety

I'm pretty sure it was a one-off thing. Something for Kane to do because he wasn't on the show otherwise.

They could have used that bit to do something with Bo Dallas.

I kept waiting for Dallas to pin Kofi after his beating and have this overblown victory celebration. That would have been great.

just got home from work. Should i even bother watching Payback? I already know that Cenawonlol because the newly installed WWE app sent me a push notification telling me, and that Brie quit.

I hope you have some type of password protection on your phone. Can you imagine getting one of those notifications while your away from your phone only for someone nearby to pick it up and check it?

DMczaf

Tonight's the night, guys! Cena is going to do the biggest AA yet!

tumblr_n6g2e5CNCr1sbzhteo2_400.gif

tumblr_n6g2e5CNCr1sbzhteo4_400.gif

WkYM3eQ.gif

YLXIr.gif

john-cena-aato-big-show-o.gif

Welcome to the club, Bray.

tumblr_n6iqw4UGby1srbyoyo1_400.gif

I hope you have some type of password protection on your phone. Can you imagine getting one of those notifications while your away from your phone only for someone nearby to pick it up and check it?

I thought of it happening at a party and promptly turned off push notifications for it

strobogo

Banned
They should fast track Bo to Cena. But as a tag team partner. Bo will be oblivious that the fans hate both of them. Cena will recognize it. Eventually, Cena will get cheered for not being as lame and oblivious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should fast track Bo to Cena. But as a tag team partner. Bo will be oblivious that the fans hate both of them. Cena will recognize it. Eventually, Cena will get cheered for not being as lame and oblivious.

I can't wait for the Cena promos of, 'can't you tell they don't like you, Bo? They go on the internet and complain about you!' pause for laughter, turn to the hard camera and wink. John executes an explosive burn on the IWC yet again.

PInk Tape

Banned
Just got home from the arena and let me say that even though most of the matches on the card were repeats, I thought the PPV itself was good. The only matches I disliked was the Rusev/Big E one but that one was gonna be squash anyway so whatever and the Bo/ Kofi one because I would of loved to see Bo actually wrestle.

If anyone was curious the Hawks lost in OT. So much for that chant guys.

Also, there were some pretty spot on Mankind/Cactus Jack/ Dude Love and Shield cosplayers at the arena as well.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Not a bad PPV. Rusev is starting to gain my attention. Time for him to chase the US title. Shield match surprised me. I'm eagerly awaiting a split of the team to give each guy opportunity to grow in different directions.

Also, more Bo please.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lana shouldn't cut promos in English. She's very bad at them. Not saying she's good at Russian promos, it's just that no one knows what she's saying so it doesn't sound so forced.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still stand by that Big E is the best rope runner in the history of wrestling. He should seriously open a school.

MC Safety

He was never really shown to be disingenuous in NXT. Only delusional. After he lost his last match he kind of turned on the crowd, but not in a "I was faking it all along" sort of way.

Ah, well. His Wikipedia entry suggests otherwise.

I just thought it would have been neat for Dallas to go nuts after pinning an unconscious Kingston. And then on Raw he could have spoken about his great triumph, not making mention of Kane at all.

Just got home from the arena and let me say that even though most of the matches on the card were repeats, I thought the PPV itself was good. The only matches I disliked was the Rusev/Big E one but that one was gonna be squash anyway so whatever and the Bo/ Kofi one because I would of loved to see Bo actually wrestle.

If anyone was curious the Hawks lost in OT. So much for that chant guys.

Also, there were some pretty spot on Mankind/Cactus Jack/ Dude Love and Shield cosplayers at the arena as well.

Was the crowd not into The Shield/Evolution match? Came off that way on TV.

GQman2121

Banned
Why didn't Wyatt just tee off on Cena with the chair? He hits him in the gut twice and then puts the chair down. Stupid gimmick match was stupid.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FakeWeightyBurro.gif

UMAGA! Slaps chest. UMAGA!

EDIT: If you watch both of them the Umaga throw has a bit of a wobble while last night's throw was a perfect missile.

PInk Tape

Banned
Was the crowd not into The Shield/Evolution match? Came off that way on TV.

I would say so. It only got loud when the crazy stuff started happening. Me and another young woman were trying to wake up the crowd but no dice.

I was also shocked at the little to no reaction Cesaro got as well.

Top Bottom