• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

LNEBOT9.jpg

i cri everytiem

who are you?

Someone calling you a less funny twat than Bean Breath? If you're not insulted by me, I'm certainly not insulted by "who are you?".

dream

In a community where you unanimously welcome back G-Fex, and embrace someone who pretends to be a horse, I am surprised that any one of you would call Dragonzord a twat.

In a community where you unanimously welcome back G-Fex, and embrace someone who pretends to be a horse, I am surprised that any one of you would call Dragonzord a twat.

I voted neigh to those other two but then everybody was like "who are you?" and my vote didn't count.

YOU ARE ALL GARBAGE /JackieChan

Payback was fun, great double main. Not a lot of progression story wise but oh well.

I'm getting a real New Generation vibe from the era we're in now.

strobogo

Banned
Half ass? Some of those spots were brutal. Creatively maybe not best but to say it was TV show quality is not fair.

Booking wise it was super, super half assed.

Alicia vs Paige: I believe this was the 4th match in a month
Shield vs Evolution: Rematch, plus singles matches on Raw, and had basically the same match as last month
Cena vs Bray: 3rd match, not counting tags
BNB vs RVD: At least the second match, possibly third
Sheamus vs Cesaro, I swear they've had 4 or 5 matches in the last month, plus a few at the start of the year
Rhodes vs Rybaxel: Definitely a handful of matches between them

That leaves Rusev vs Big E as the only first time match up on the card.

I wonder why RVD had such a dreadful match again Alberto to beat the clock but then has gone to just exist, neither here nor there. He couldn't even manage to put together a single rolling thunder on multiple tries that Raw.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder why RVD had such a dreadful match again Alberto to beat the clock but then has gone to just exist, neither here nor there. He couldn't even manage to put together a single rolling thunder on multiple tries that Raw.

Because he's too old to do his style of wrestling, plus he looks like he's put on 15-20 pounds since his last run.

Zach

Just finished watching Payback. Pretty good show. I enjoyed myself.

Edit: I should note that I don't watch much RAW, etc.

Shield vs Evolution: Rematch, plus singles matches on Raw, and had basically the same match as last month
Sheamus vs Cesaro, I swear they've had 4 or 5 matches in the last month, plus a few at the start of the year

Payback...

I thought tonight's show was pretty good. All the matches may have been rematches of some sort, but they were all the best versions of their respective match. Best Bray-Cena match, best Shield-Evolution match, and so on. Plus it ended the top two feuds, so now we'll get some new stuff at the top of the card tomorrow night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought tonight's show was pretty good. All the matches may have been rematches of some sort, but they were all the best versions of their respective match. Best Bray-Cena match, best Shield-Evolution match, and so on. Plus it ended the top two feuds, so now we'll get some new stuff at the top of the card tomorrow night.

Nooooo. Not even close. One of the most boring matches I've ever seen the Shield in despite all the spots.

I think the Cena/Wyatt feud is gonna continue. I believe Cena said that at the press conference.

Well last month was mostly rematches with no direct except for Shield/Evolution. This month was all rematches except for one, all with no direction.

And last year they ended a main event with Big Show knocking everyone out and not even announcing a finish. They've always had badly booked shows, the Network won't change that. But they will always want more Network subs, as will Wall Street. And the way to do that is to put on the best shows, not rest on "well we already have 600,000". If anything, the Network existing will raise the importance of off-brand shows like Payback and Battleground because, unlike in the past, they are selling the Network, not just a one-time PPV.

MC Safety

Well, come on. The title of the pay-per-view is Payback.

If there's no history, there's no payback.

Nooooo. Not even close. One of the most boring matches I've ever seen the Shield in despite all the spots.

Of the two Shield/Evolution matches, I thought this one was better. I'm not saying it's the best Shield match ever, but it was better than last month IMO.

I think the Cena/Wyatt feud is gonna continue. I believe Cena said that at the press conference.

Really? The win seemed rather decisive for the feud to continue. Even the announcers were playing it up like the feud was over.

Top Bottom