• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Wow, I was in my WWE Network account settings reviewing some info, when I inadvertently set my account to auto-renew and now they're making it a pain in the arse to change it back. What a joke.

image.php

Payback was shit but holy shit at Stephanie. Her ass is extremely fat and her fake boobs looked bigger than usual. or maybe it was just the dress. Whatever it was god bless her. No Punk, shit ppv, and Hawks lost. Shitty Sunday for Chicago.

I was near the guy who started it. He was very loud and opinionated ( I think he was buzzed but I can't be sure). Does not like DBry in any way shape or form and said the match he had at WM with HHH was garbage

I don't know how you're annoyed by this yet you read and post in this thread.

PInk Tape

Banned
I don't know how you're annoyed by this yet you read and post in this thread.

Said guy was also one of the ones who made the PPV into a Hawks/CM Punk circle jerk party so... You can kinda see where I'm coming from right?

At least on here it's usually a calm wrestling discussion thread where people are allowed to voice their opinions on who they like or don't. If someone says something negative about something or someone it won't ruin the whole show/ PPV. You at least have the option of ignoring it. The guy I'm talking about here (and a few others) ruined the show for some people because of how obnoxious they were and how it seemed like they wanted to be at home or the United Center watching the game instead of at the arena. Which pretty much put a damper on everything.

Gorillaz

everyone attacking everything...thread feeling all hostile and insular
am i saying it right?

alicia fox winning tonight would have fixed everything im sure

Said guy was also one of the ones who made the PPV into a Hawks/CM Punk circle jerk party so... You can kinda see where I'm coming from right?

At least on here it's usually a calm wrestling discussion thread where people are allowed to voice their opinions on who they like or don't. If someone says something negative about something or someone it won't ruin the whole show/ PPV. You at least have the option of ignoring it. The guy I'm talking about here (and a few others) ruined the show for some people because of how obnoxious they were and how it seemed like they wanted to be at home or the United Center watching the game instead of at the arena. Which pretty much put a damper on everything.

I dunno man this community no matter how facetious they mean to be they kinda run it to the ground to a point where it just gets kind of tiresome. Like I get it bro. Maybe I should just stop posting for awhile.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dunno man this community no matter how facetious they mean to be they kinda run it to the ground to a point where it just gets kind of tiresome. Like I get it bro. Maybe I should just stop posting for awhile.

I haven't seen one thing said about Daniel Bryan that's worse than anything said about Cena. I think the most insulting thing in this community is to assume someone is playing a role just because they like someone. That they're not being truthful. Maybe there's someone in OT who wants to post in the wrasslin forums, but they love Jerry Lawler's commentary?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen one thing said about Daniel Bryan that's worse than anything said about Cena. I think the most insulting thing in this community is to assume someone is playing a role just because they like someone. That they're not being truthful. Maybe there's someone in OT who wants to post in the wrasslin forums, but they love Jerry Lawler's commentary?
I was with you until "enjoy Jerry Lawlers commentary"

It's not even about Bryan. Things are just getting a bit more redundant here than usual I dunno. Maybe it's the product in general but it's effecting my opinion of this thread. No matter how seriously I take it. At the end of the day it's just not funny anymore.

DiscoJon

Banned

1781%20-%20are_you_serious_bro%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20glasses%20macro%20z_true_long_island_story%20zack_ryder.gif

PInk Tape

Banned
Sorry about making things uncomfortable guys. It's just that I feel awful that some of you had your PPV ruined because of the dumb things that were said during it. :/

On a lighter note (hopefully)
What was the match of the night in your opinion? Mine would be Shield/Evolution because it was still an exciting match with awesome spots and cringeworthy weapon shots (you could hear the kendo sticks smack Reigns from all the way in the nosebleed sections which was where I was near). I personally think it was better than their first bout but that's just me.

Edit: ^ Well now I've seen everything. I would welcome him on here because I love hearing different opinions on things and I'm curious to see why he feels that way (if that's what he really thinks).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry about making things uncomfortable guys. It's just that I feel awful that some of you had your PPV ruined because of the dumb things that were said during it. :/

On a lighter note (hopefully)
What was the match of the night in your opinion? Mine would be Shield/Evolution because it was still an exciting match with awesome spots and cringeworthy weapon shots (you could hear the kendo sticks smack Reigns from all the way in the nosebleed sections which was where I was near). I personally think it was better than their first bout but that's just me.

I'm trying to pick one, and I really can't. This PPV challenged me to be interested. Like Shield/Evolution and Cena/Bray were technically fine or even good matches, but the whole atmosphere and the build of the PPV felt so throwaway that all the matches suffered because of it.

The only time I had any sort of reaction was Harper's suplex, Bray getting hit by the stairs, Hornswaggle's powerbomb, and flying Ambrose. Everything else felt like a repeat or just so unimportant that I didn't care. It's kind of how I feel about Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid. In that situation I didn't know the context, but in this one I do. And nothing felt important so it made good matches bad because it completely lacked any importance to me no matter how well the sequences were executed.

It's kind of like a video game with great graphics and terrible gameplay. It was all style no substance, but the worst part is that the style was style I saw last month.

Horse

Banned
Horse, what was your highlights for tonight's Special Event?

We didn't hear much from you during the show

Highlight for me was Cesaro and Irish.

I also really enjoyed Shield/Evolution and Bray/Jonathan. Once I lay down on my hay and tune in to wrasslin' I don't like to multitask and talk with others.

Didn't like Paige winning over Miss Fox. I kicked at my gate when I saw it. I'm still in a funky mood about that actually, I do not think I will allow myself to be brushed today.

Five sugar cubes out of six for this PPV.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm trying to pick one, and I really can't. This PPV challenged me to be interested. Like Shield/Evolution and Cena/Bray were technically fine or even good matches, but the whole atmosphere and the build of the PPV felt so throwaway that all the matches suffered because of it.

The only time I had any sort of reaction was Harper's suplex, Bray getting hit by the stairs, Hornswaggle's powerbomb, and flying Ambrose. Everything else felt like a repeat or just so unimportant that I didn't care. It's kind of how I feel about Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid. In that situation I didn't know the context, but in this one I do. And nothing felt important so it made good matches bad because it completely lacked any importance to me no matter how well the sequences were executed.

It's kind of like a video game with great graphics and terrible gameplay. It was all style no substance, but the worst part is that the style was style I saw last month.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. They really dropped the ball on this PPV with it being almost all repeats of ones from other PPVs and shows. I think if the wrestlers in a feud weren't booked with each other week in and week out it might have mattered more but who really knows. I've ranted about the crowd long enough so yeah that didn't help either. Maybe they were depending on this crowd to aid the PPV in some way...

On an unrelated note, I'm starting to think that Harper may be the best wrestler out of the Wyatt family. That match against Cena really opened my eyes.

Alucard

Banned
It was a pretty decent PPV, but it felt like a TNA show at times with the dead-ish crowd and matches that didn't receive a proper build. Still, there wasn't really a "bad" match on the card. Thumbs up overall.

Striker

Payback was shit but holy shit at Stephanie. Her ass is extremely fat and her fake boobs looked bigger than usual. or maybe it was just the dress. Whatever it was god bless her. No Punk, shit ppv, and Hawks lost. Shitty Sunday for Chicago.
I only got to see parts of Payback, but did see the Stephanie bit. She's looked great for a while now. Of course with a younger audience, she won't reveal as much, but back in I think 2005 or so, she had, ahem:
FeWQ0tn.jpg

The rest of the show seems meh. What's with Brie's face? She has gotten something done, looks noticeably different than Nikki now, and not just in the chest and body. The whole point was she quits. OK. So what's with the title then? "See you on RAW!". Cener winning, Shield winning - why is this Payback again? They were winning the feuds prior and people shouldn't be wanting the heels to gain the advantage.

Cagey

Banned
For a show I had no interest or hype to watch, I was very entertained. Surprised.

There's an irony to this post. From my vantage point, in recent months this thread attracted several members who post a metric fuck ton that repeat the same memes and opinions and Brand Stroud bullshit and its run discourse into the ground.

Alucard

Banned
I dunno. I think it's pretty hard to complain about Payback when looking back on it. Cena and Wyatt had a great match before the goofy finish, and The Shield came out looking like rock stars.

Props to Batista for putting in so much work since coming back.

I finally got around to watching CHIKARA's 'Ashes' "movie" thing. I wish I hadn't, I mean it was and all for a fan, but it was also really bad.

jred2k

I dunno. I think it's pretty hard to complain about Payback when looking back on it. Cena and Wyatt had a great match before the goofy finish, and The Shield came out looking like rock stars.

"So much work"? He's been physically present more than a lot of part-timers are, but his return has been completely devoid of anything memorable other than him getting booed, his pants ripping, and maybe the powerbomb-RKO at WM. He's supposed to be a crossover star and he looks like a third wheel when he's with Orton and HHH.

Just saw the results, and yeah I guess I'm a mark because I don't see myself watching the product until the Cena cycle of new stars is over. Which could be years but I'm okay with waiting.

Just no point in getting invested in stars to see them go ultimately nowhere, and I'm definitely not watching hours a week to see how bad it gets.

Vylash

Just saw the results, and yeah I guess I'm a mark because I don't see myself watching the product until the Cena cycle of new stars is over. Which could be years but I'm okay with waiting.

Just no point in getting invested in stars to see them go ultimately nowhere, and I'm definitely not watching hours a week to see how bad it gets.

Luckily there'a a show just for you!

nxt-logo-628x250.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fair to Batista, his ring attire was one of the few standout things about the PPV.

PPV can't keep me down. So hyped about Forza Horizon 2.

alstein

The wrestling on the card was great, the booking was the problem. I like Cena's ringwork, but him winning everytime takes all the interest out of it.

The Evolution/Shield match was a little overblown as well, and you can tell they're trying to forcefeed Reigns as the star when he's by far the least talented of the three. (they should be pushing Ambrose- he's the guy who can make them the most money)

Top Bottom