• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What have you got so far?

The metal elbow gimmick
the torture rack
his late WCW theme

tumblr_mhoirwsoJv1qzx70zo1_500.jpg

lexlugerlol.jpg

Luger was awesomely hilarious, so many unintentionally funny bits he was involved in. From his high as tapped ribs to "WE HAD A TAG!" moments. I agree with Tony Schiavone he wasn't Lex Loser like Hogan said.... he was Lex Champion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Luger had those 90s white girl butts all over the place in his Wrestlemania entrance. I appreciated that.

But that's because of the girls, not Luger. And this is a non-ironic post, so I'm looking for legit things he did that I enjoyed. Remember that time Luger wrestled Sting in a lumberjack match and every lumberjack had a cast on his arm? Russooooooooo hoooooooo

alstein

Luger challenging the Roadies to a Chicago Street Fight

Luger: "I'm from Chicago also"
Sting: "you're from the suburbs"

Luger had those 90s white girl butts all over the place in his Wrestlemania entrance. I appreciated that.

But that's because of the girls, not Luger. And this is a non-ironic post, so I'm looking for legit things he did that I enjoyed. Remember that time Luger wrestled Sting in a lumberjack match and every lumberjack had a cast on his arm? Russooooooooo hoooooooo

I genuinely don't even want to know why the hell a match like that would come about.

Even though I don't agree with a lot of the booking from last night... Isn't it great that we're seeing so many clean finishes these days in WWE? I don't like that Cena won. I don't like how Shaemus won (but I don't mind that he did). I don't like how Paige won (but I like that she did).

But they all clearly won. Yet another reason why it wasn't like watching Raw. The matches actually all had proper endings.

Total Divas finale was awesome, dem feels, was really nice. <3 Can't wait for next season!

Raw was ok, couple of good matches with decent spots. Brie's slap heard round the world got a pretty sweet reaction.

Sblargh

Banned
PPV yesterday was fun. Not awesome, but entertaining. No match was actually bad.

Bo was awesome. Bryan keeping the titles indicate he will be back in action soon enough. Cena won as expected, but at least this feud seems to be over.

And evolution versus Shield told a nice story in the end with each one doing their thing to get the eliminations one after the other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mean Gene: "Bobby Heenan, I've got a question for you. What do you think of midget wrestling?"
Bobby: "Very little."

God dammit why did I laugh

Edit: Mr Hughes looked awesome.

Kaladin

Mean Gene: "Bobby Heenan, I've got a question for you. What do you think of midget wrestling?"
Bobby: "Very little."

God dammit why did I laugh

It might not have been PG, but commentary was so much better with the quick witted jokes and banter mixed in with calling the matches back then.

Sometimes it's the only way I can get through these '93 Raws because I just sit there and listen to the commentary.

Striker

Watching that '94 Superstars show prior to the Rumble, pretty damn fun to watch. Squash matches, but who cares. A short show and you weren't seeing the likes of Razor, Owen, or Tatanka beaten frequently. Heels weren't afraid to lose by DQ or count out. And Jim Cornette was a fantastic heel. One of the best managers ever (behind Heenan).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
austinhoooonhrco.gif

The fuck, Terry Taylor tried to sunset flip Steve Austin and Austin grabs the ropes but then the ref kicked his arms from grabbing the ropes. What the fuck is wrong with that ref?

ElRenoRaven

http://www.wwe.com/f/photo/image/2014/06/PAY14_Photo_190.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.wwe.com/f/photo/image/2014/06/PAY14_Photo_204.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yu9fItu.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/MammothDiligentCoqui.gif[IMG]

I will be right back. Gimme 3 minutes.

Maybe even 4.[/QUOTE]

I'm telling you. Hot as all hell. I found her hot even back in the days pre boob job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Bateaster is gonna be at Raw, so I guess I'll watch.

I've been watching a few '97 raw's on youtube since they aren't up on the network yet.
To me, the attitude era started on April 21st 97.

Austin 'breaks' Bret's knee and put him in an ambulance. Suddenly they pan up and Austin is hiding in the driver's seat and pulls out the gurney to beat him more. That act pretty much feels like the whole attitude ear to me.

Also I was watching one from May and Lawler straight up calls RVD a "flaming fag" in a promo. I was really surprised, even for the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man MK X looks good. I realize that trailer is just CG but I wager they're putting in a lot of the good stuff from Injustice in there. Goddamn

MK X will hopefully look close to that good when it releases, at least on current gen.

And did anyone else really like Cesaro/Sheamus? Second best match of the night right behind Wyatt/Cena.

Man MK X looks good. I realize that trailer is just CG but I wager they're putting in a lot of the good stuff from Injustice in there. Goddamn

Reminds me of the Batman trailers, wonder if it's the same studio that created all of them.

It looks like it has some of the interacting with the environment stuff from Injustice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never mind that all I want is Injustice 2 but :(

MK X should be a great single-player romp, questionable multiplayer.

Striker

I've been watching a few '97 raw's on youtube since they aren't up on the network yet.
To me, the attitude era started on April 21st 97.

Austin 'breaks' Bret's knee and put him in an ambulance. Suddenly they pan up and Austin is hiding in the driver's seat and pulls out the gurney to beat him more. That act pretty much feels like the whole attitude ear to me.

Also I was watching one from May and Lawler straight up calls RVD a "flaming fag" in a promo. I was really surprised, even for the time.
Being a fan of wrestling was super exciting in '96-97. It won't ever be like that again.

As for Lawler he seemed to dwell on homophobic slurs to attract heat. Though his stuff with Bret-Owen and in general the 1997 Hart Foundation stuff was pretty decent to contrast Vince's face persona.

Hasney

I thought MK9 was the only good MK game ever released (and Injustice rocked too), but I was plying SF4 pretty heavily when they both came out and still much prefer that.

But now, SF4 is long in the tooth and Ultra isn't going to change that for me. Might have to see what MKX does on the newer consoles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved SF4 but I need something on current-gen, badly. PC ver of SSF4AE is kinda fucked for me.

Vylash

Dammit I see MK and think Mario Kart, then realize it's Mortal Kombat and get confused as to why they're still making those

Sblargh

Banned
MK9 greatest thing to me really was all the single player content. Really hoping they try to make it even better in MK X.

That single player content should be standard, imo. Story mode that actually has a story, challenges upon challenges, tons of fun unlockables. It was single player fighting game perfection.

MK X will hopefully look close to that good when it releases, at least on current gen.

And did anyone else really like Cesaro/Sheamus? Second best match of the night right behind Wyatt/Cena.

I have to rewatch it; I wasn't really paying attention to the match.

And now that you said, I can get behing Wyatt/Cena being the best match of the night, or at least a close second because I really liked Shield/Evolution, if only for the way sheer chaos turned into something that made amazing sense in the end.

My Cena hate got the best of me, I think, and I was hating the match before it began, but now remembering it, it was fun after all.

Top Bottom