• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Aiii

So not worth it
Thinking the Internet Sports Entertainment Community is the entire audience speaks directly to his point.

Not siding with any side of this dumb as fuck argument.

But lol at pretending wrestling has an audience outside of the internet geeks.

You were gone?

vince_mcmahon-crying.gif

dream

strobobo actually challenged me on my appreciation of TNA, and we had a good talk, as we always do, in which I showed him the ways in which, outside of Joe and Nakamura, TNA is putting on a better product than NXT. WWE is perpetually shite, so TNA is, by default, putting on a better product than Titan. And nobody watches Ring of Honor, so who cares.

Basically, we determined that a very legitimate case can be made for TNA being the best pro wrestling company in America right now.

Sephzilla

strobobo actually challenged me on my appreciation of TNA, and we had a good talk, as we always do, in which I showed him the ways in which, outside of Joe and Nakamura, TNA is putting on a better product than NXT. WWE is perpetually shite, so TNA is, by default, putting on a better product than Titan. And nobody watches Ring of Honor, so who cares.

Basically, we determined that a very legitimate case can be made for TNA being the best pro wrestling company in America right now.

but but but Lucha...

Kaladin

I remember back when they had three brands (Raw, Smackdown and ECW) thinking they could do a new version of World War 3.

Get three rings, each ring full of a separate brand's competitors and the winners of each ring face off in a inter-promotional triple threat for a #1 contenders spot on the brand of their choosing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boy there's an entire period of WWE that's just unwatchable due to heel Cole. How the fuck did that last more than a single PPV?

Heel

Not siding with any side of this dumb as fuck argument.

But lol at pretending wrestling has an audience outside of the internet geeks.

Yes, Aiii, the millions of WWE fans worldwide hate Roman Reigns and John Cena, so much so that they spend Monday through Wednesday pacing a hole in the floor, counting down the hours until the Nielsen ratings are released in the hopes that they're bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yes, Aiii, the millions of WWE fans worldwide hate Roman Reigns and John Cena, so much so that they spend Monday through Wednesday pacing a hole in the floor, counting down the hours until the Nielsen ratings are released in the hopes that they're bad.

Ah and now we are pretending a hive mind exist. Haha, good one.

Sephzilla

Is that even really considered pro wrestling though? Last time I saw it, it was all men hitting women, men hitting men with nunchucks, and Lorenzo Lamas.

I guess you do have a point there. I'd say its a very different version of pro-wrestling, at least.

Boy there's an entire period of WWE that's just unwatchable due to heel Cole. How the fuck did that last more than a single PPV?

Heel Cole + Anonymous Raw GM was a truly awful one-two punch.

dream

Isn't iSEC inherently a hive mind?

I mean, I can't help but notice that 90% of wresting gaf has avatars of das wunderkind Alex wright...

How do I know you're not a shill for TNA Dream? I still remember you forking over the cash to watch Hogan vs Sting in 2011, the appeal of witnessing two has-been broken down drug addicted con men try to relive their faded glory was too much to pass up.

On the other hand, the saga of Brother Nero and Broken Matt Hardy makes a great case for TNA right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How about we fire the third guy and just have Mauro and Corey Graves?

I can't believe they're still dragging the fucking Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler feud out. And for the second time in a row it can't even get on the main show of a PPV.

WAIT FUCK IT'S ACTUALLY THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How do I know you're not a shill for TNA Dream? I still remember you forking over the cash to watch Hogan vs Sting in 2011, the appeal of witnessing two has-been broken down drug addicted con men try to relive their faded glory was too much to pass up.

On the other hand, the saga of Brother Nero and Broken Matt Hardy makes a great case for TNA right now.

Hogan vs Sting was a classic, brother

Aiii

So not worth it

After watching Kimbo verse Dada, only Sting verse Hardy comes close as far as trainwrecks go. Everything else is a win.

Heel

I'm pretty sure the WWE is all in on the IWC being the only audience anymore sorry Al Snow

Ah and now we are pretending a hive mind exist. Haha, good one.

Al Snow was speaking to a very specific, contemptuous, like-minded vocal minority. Let's not pretend like they don't exist, even in this very thread, now that they've had their position challenged. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Angry Grimace

Al Snow was speaking to a very specific, contemptuous, like-minded vocal minority. Let's not pretend like they don't exist, even in this very thread, now that they've had their position challenged. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Dude's speech was barely coherent and to the extent it was it was like "You don't have experience in the BUSINESS so you don't know what you're talking about."

I mean, I don't really know how he reaches that conclusion as a completely general proposition.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, TNA is pretty trashy, but I don't think anyone who watches WWE programming every week can scoff at TNA from their perch.

dream

Yes, I admit to paying for Hulk vs Stinger on PPV. But it was worth it. Especially since the entire month prior, wrestling gaf was insisting that because TNA was running in the house of hardcore, the city of brotherly love, and the house that Sabu built, the fans would absolutely shit on Hulk vs. stinger.

Instead wrestling gaf watched in horror as they slowly realized that the entire crowd was marking out for hulk because the hardest of the hardcore are hulkamaniacs.

Ithil

The only time the "ISEC" has a hivemind is when you have an opinion you want to present/prop up as being special so you pretend everyone else is against it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Again, I have no interest in this discussion at all. I neither watch much of wrestling, nor have I watched the Al Snow video.

But what I will (continue to) argue that the hardcore fan is Wrestling's only audience. There is no casual interested for wrestling outside maybe WrestleMania, but that could hardly be considered an audience. The only people that watch this crap are the hardcores.

Mizerman

Using "hivemind" as a term is usually a way to deflect criticism. Badly.

Just like employing the tried and true Appeal to Accomplishment Technique.

Ithil

Using "hivemind" as a term is usually a way to deflect criticism. Badly.

Just like employing the tried and true Appeal to Accomplishment Technique.

They're about a hair away from saying "sheeple" when they resort to blabbering about hiveminds.

dream

So you're telling me that everyone in wrestling gaf independently decided that Dean Ambrose is an entertaining professional wrestler who should be world champion?

Ithil

So you're telling me that everyone in wrestling gaf independently decided that Dean Ambrose is an entertaining professional wrestler who should be world champion?

No, that's a thing you made up in your mind so you could disagree with it, proving yourself right about a thing you made up to be right about.

dream

Cagey, do you remember when wrestling gaf insisted that Dean Ambrose was an entertaining pro wrestler and deserved to be world champion?

Top Bottom