• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Imagine being told you had to play sports games with MP

Like fuck that. Squashing Seth with a Heyman or Goldberg or Bernie CAW in 2 minutes, and killing the Patriots 91-0 in Madden, and hitting 25 homers in MLB The Show is fun and good.

Anth0ny

Street Fighter V is a bad example because at launch it was pretty barren of a lot of content in general (most of which was in SF4), like even a one-match "vs AI" mode. Overwatch would have been a better example.

who gives a fuuuuuuuuuuuck

as long as they got vs mode and training mode we're good

who the fuck even wants to fight a fighting game CPU, they do dumb robot shit. go play arcade mode of street fighter II if you want to fight a fighting game CPU that can seemingly read your every movement. then proceed to throw your arcade stick out the window with rage.

I agree it's kinda lame that it has less content than SF4, but when the content they get rid of was useless anyways I'm not complaining

bjork

who the fuck even wants to fight a fighting game CPU, they do dumb robot shit. go play arcade mode of street fighter II if you want to fight a fighting game CPU that can seemingly read your every movement. then proceed to throw your arcade stick out the window with rage.

I agree it's kinda lame that it has less content than SF4, but when the content they get rid of was useless anyways I'm not complaining

Single player in a fighter isn't useless. Some of us don't have other people to play with and getting pounded online isn't conducive to actually learning the characters. Is training mode enough when every game in the series has included single player?

Sephzilla

Not even having an AI option in versus mode is pretty pathetic though. Also, I have a really hard time giving Street Fighter a pass when Mortal Kombat and Injustice end up putting out decent multiplayer fighters that also have a fuckload of single player content in them. MK9, Injustice, and MKX were more overall fun games than MvC3, SF4, or SFV.

And that's a shoot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Mortal Kombat (9) and X, as well as Injustice, prove that you can make a fighter and have a fun single experience without compromise. That shit is great.

XenoRaven

Not even having an AI option in versus mode is pretty pathetic though. Also, I have a really hard time giving Street Fighter a pass when Mortal Kombat and Injustice end up putting out decent multiplayer fighters that also have a fuckload of single player content in them. MK9, Injustice, and MKX were more overall fun games than MvC3, SF4, or SFV.

And that's a shoot.
More like a misfire

Single player in a fighter isn't useless. Some of us don't have other people to play with and getting pounded online isn't conducive to actually learning the characters. Is training mode enough when every game in the series has included single player?

Plus the assumption that everyone who wants to play has even just decent/affordable Internet service is toxic

Mortal Kombat (9) and X, as well as Injustice, prove that you can make a fighter and have a fun single experience without compromise. That shit is great.

Agreed. That shit revived Mortal Kombat

klonere

Banned
I finished that Hino vs. KAI match, and my opinion of KAI remained unchanged by the end. Switching the title from Hino to KAI on a flash pin after a Hino Fuck You Bomb seemed didn't fit with the rest of the match, and KAI is too goofy and wacky to be a believable champ especially after Hino.

:( I'll check it out sometime.

I watched Daichi Hashimoto vs. Jun Akiyama from some random AJPW show. It's your typical, simple AJPW style match but Hashimoto shows great fire and nice striking. There is definitely something there and I am curious to see how he will develop in the future.

Anth0ny

training mode is exactly how you learn the character, though. what good is a CPU punching you randomly while you're trying to learn the character? by fighting a CPU, which has CPU tendencies, you're not actually learning the character.

And that's a shoot.

It is pathetic, don't get me wrong. It seems like such an easy thing to include. I just don't care.

and the capcom fighters absolutely shit on those garbage NR fighters. ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Mahvel shits on everything. ewwwwwwwwwww

Sephzilla

and the capcom fighters absolutely shit on those garbage NR fighters. ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Mahvel shits on everything. ewwwwwwwwwww

MvC3 has one of the most dogshit matchmaking systems ever. "Oh, you're 32 and 35 online? Here, lets put you against someone who's 150 and 14, that's fair".

Fuck Marvel 3, it's the Smash Melee of Capcom fighters because the only reason it's still relevant is because a couple of hardcore babies don't want to admit that the masses don't give a fuck about it anymore.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The single player in MKX disappointed me. The story was shorter and worse, and the living towers were no replacement for the challenge tower. On it's own the single player for MKX seems good, but coming off MK9 and Injustice it was disappointing.

bjork

training mode is exactly how you learn the character, though. what good is a CPU punching you randomly while you're trying to learn the character? by fighting a CPU, which has CPU tendencies, you're not actually learning the character.

That kind of sounds false to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of Marvel, Captain Avengers: Civil War was a 4/10 movie.

It gets the 4 because of some decent action sequences. Everything else was mediocre to bad. I especially appreciated that they made it half an hour too long because they had to shoehorn Spider-Man and Ant-Man in for no reason.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Sephzilla

I couldn't have said it better myself, friend.

Thus making it one of the greatest games of all time, by association.

Melee was overrated and nobody gives a fuck about Marvel vs Capcom anymore.

That shit is old news. They're like Hogan and Flair, clinging to old glory.

Anth0ny

Speaking of Marvel, Captain Avengers: Civil War was a 4/10 movie.

It gets the 4 because of some decent action sequences. Everything else was mediocre to bad. I especially appreciated that they made it half an hour too long because they had to shoehorn Spider-Man and Ant-Man in for no reason.

alright pal

they showhorned literally the best parts of the movie. no reason? pls

Melee was overrated and nobody gives a fuck about Marvel vs Capcom anymore.

That shit is old news. They're like Hogan and Flair, clinging to old glory.

it's true that no one gives a fuck about marvel anymore

but Melee is more like if Bret never got the concussion, strokes, and never aged. In fact, got better with age. Melee is the best fighting game going, infinitely deep, and it will still be around when all the other fighting games of today die out.

Ithil

That's kind of like saying you're the best Bella or the Best Uso, though.

COD2 had a great campaign back in the day. Then in later games they tried to introduce a plot and it all went to hell. I jumped off that train by MW2 and never touched the series again.

Sephzilla

but Melee is more like if Bret never got the concussion, strokes, and never aged. In fact, got better with age. Melee is the best fighting game going, infinitely deep, and it will still be around when all the other fighting games of today die out.

I think I'd like Melee more if the top-tier stuff wasn't the same few people constantly playing the same two or three characters.

ANYWAYS BACK TO TALKING ABOUT WRASSLIN

Well, you know.

Sabu had an interview recently and mentioned a tryout he had in the mid 90's with the WWF. Vince wanted to make him the Sultan. He got into ECW and Heyman's checks were never popping up. No wonder everybody wanted to leave. Although he does regret choosing ECW over WWF, he wouldn't have been himself and I am curious how his career would've panned out since. I mean, they got Scorpio and had him as the 90's Brodus Clay.
Scorpio was the man but they had no business giving him an 80's gimmick. He still made it work though.

Anth0ny

I think I'd like Melee more if the top-tier stuff wasn't the same few people constantly playing the same two or three characters.

ANYWAYS BACK TO TALKING ABOUT WRASSLIN

Melee is basically sumo wrasslin. that counts.

also, the "same people playing the same two characters" narrative is false. the last huge tournament from last week had the following characters in top 8:

fox, falco, peach, sheik, captain falcon, ganondorf, jigglypuff, marth

pikachu and ice climbers are usually in top 8, too

just saying <3

Marvel 3 had the lowest viewer numbers at EVO last year and one of the lowest pools of entrants. Marvel is done. It's washed up. Old news.
All fighting games are washed up.

Mortal Kombat XL and Tekken 7 viewers are looking up. Akuma in T7 looks awesome.

If Vince didn't have Hogan, who was going to be his main guy? I know I was reading that he considered Snuka but Snuka was getting up in age but he wanted someone younger.

This just killed me and caught me completely off gaurd

21199%20-%20mask%20paul_bearer%20smiling%20suit%20vader%20wwf.jpg

shaowebb

Playing SSB with no items is less fun.

In melee sure, but Smash 4 the items may as well be final smashes and the same goes for the stage hazards. All are way too strong and tons of instakill shit is in there. That sorta junk is why I dont play smash a lot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely lucked out in the girlfriend department. For my birthday she got me an autographed Ox Baker photo, framed, one of his shirts, and more. That's some good taste. Now I have a "The Great Heart Puncher" shirt, and I couldn't be happier.

bjork

I definitely lucked out in the girlfriend department. For my birthday she got me an autographed Ox Baker photo, framed, one of his shirts, and more. That's some good taste. Now I have a "The Great Heart Puncher" shirt, and I couldn't be happier.

Ah, you lucky bastard. I was just watching some Ox Baker stuff the other day, that's neat.

Anth0ny

Obviously, since that's what I've been talking about the whole time.

It's been a while, but I recall the single player being like 20 minutes long and super easy. Is that what you're talking about?

Or that other mode where you have to win 30 in a row to unlock colors?

If it's the latter... by just playing that over and over, you're getting the CPU training you desire. And "getting better" at the game. So what's the problem again?

I just don't see the point of playing a fighting game if you aren't going to test your skills against real people, whether that's online or in real life. Even the fighting games with "fully fleshed out single player modes"... it's ultimately a pretty short and shallow experience. You're done in like 5 hours and that's that. Single player has its place, but if you aren't going to actually train and play against real people, why get so worked up about the game? You obviously aren't spending much time digging deep into the mechanics and stuff... and that's fine.

Hex

Banned
alright pal

they showhorned literally the best parts of the movie. no reason? pls

it's true that no one gives a fuck about marvel anymore

Go home, your drunk.

bjork

It's been a while, but I recall the single player being like 20 minutes long and super easy. Is that what you're talking about?

Or that other mode where you have to win 30 in a row to unlock colors?

If it's the latter... by just playing that over and over, you're getting the CPU training you desire. And "getting better" at the game. So what's the problem again?

I just don't see the point of playing a fighting game if you aren't going to test your skills against real people, whether that's online or in real life. Even the fighting games with "fully fleshed out single player modes"... it's ultimately a pretty short and shallow experience. You're done in like 5 hours and that's that. Single player has its place, but if you aren't going to actually train and play against real people, why get so worked up about the game? You obviously aren't spending much time digging deep into the mechanics and stuff... and that's fine.

I'm saying that it should be there because it was a feature in every other entry in the series. In the genre, even. You don't personally have to see the point of playing solo, because not every game is made for you personally. But, by removing this one feature I would actually use, they've made it not for me. That's all.

TNA's X Division was once the hottest thing in wrestling for about three years (2004 - 2007), the matches between AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe are amazing. Just a shame that TNA is such a trainwreck right now, they have some talented workers but the most incompetent booking team in all of wrestling.

bjork

GOLDBERG: The Georgia Dome was my home field, brother. There's no question about it. I played my first football game there as an Atlanta Falcon. I paid a lot of fines out on the field in the NFL. It meant a lot to me to be able to wrestle there, to bring in as many fans for a WCW Monday Nitro as the Falcons did. The Georgia Dome is what made me.

Dude played in 14 games ever. Did he get hit in the head a lot or something?

Top Bottom