• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

I had Yuji Okabayashi vs. Zeus lined up, but I don't think I'm primed to receive it well right now since I would be coming off of Sekimoto vs. Miyahara.

On the other hand, there is this Pentagon Jr. vs. Fenix match from Korakuen in April that I've had on the pile for a while.

Going back to the Cruiserweight this Cruiserweight tournament WWE is setting has the potential to be amazing, assuming Vince doesn't use this as an opportunity to bury non WWE talent in a cynical circle jerk.

Which I am expecting to some degree honestly. But the talent involved should at least guarantee good matches no matter the outcome.

Going back to the Cruiserweight this Cruiserweight tournament WWE is setting has the potential to be amazing, assuming Vince doesn't use this as an opportunity to Hury non WWE talent in a cynical circle jerk.

Which I am expecting to some degree honestly. But the talent involved should at least guarantee good matches no matter the outcome.

I'm still waiting to see how they fill out the 20ish spots that are left!

Ithil

What constitutes awful? I liked Raw on Genesis a lot, but it was a minor upgrade to Royal Rumble, which was a minor upgrade to Super Wrestlemania.

Maybe Wrestlemania the Arcade Game.

A wrestling game that is clearly bad, yet you have a good time with it regardless.

My example, WrestleMania X8 on the Gamecube. The graphics suck, the gameplay sucks, the roster sucks, the music sucks, the CAW sucks, the animations suck, the singleplayer sucks. It's hot garbage.

But any time I go back to play the GC wrestling games, I still have a fun time with it. Maybe it's the way wrestlers with high agility fire twenty feet across the ring like they were launched by a rocket when doing a top rope dropkick. Or the way that, upon a successful pinfall victory, both wrestlers instantly stand up and awkwardly stare at each other as the victor's music plays. Or the steel chairs the size of tables.

gamecube-51016-41371528910.jpg

It's Troll 2 for wrestling games. For GC WWE games, WrestleMania XIX (with that incredible Revenge Mode), DOR1 and DOR2 are actually good, but X8 has its broken hilarity.

Be grateful you never played Wrestlemania 21 on the OG Xbox, I paid full price and felt like I had been robbed when I played it.
Dude! Lol! I was just reminding my cousin how shitty this game was. I rented it and played through it in like 3 days. You go to use your created character and they delete him from the system. So I decided to go to the pawn shop and there the game was for 15 bucks. This is maybe 2 weeks after it came out. Jesus that game sucked.

bjork

I feel like I had WMX8, did it have nWo guys but no nWo theme?

Anyway, under that criteria, I guess Raw 2 on Xbox. It was middling across the board but had really stupid AI, yet I played it and played it with a created version of myself with only moves I could actually do irl. But the game itself was pretty disappointing.

I feel like I had WMX8, did it have nWo guys but no nWo theme?

Anyway, under that criteria, I guess Raw 2 on Xbox. It was middling across the board but had really stupid AI, yet I played it and played it with a created version of myself with only moves I could actually do irl. But the game itself was pretty disappointing.
Yeah. WMX8 just had some knockoff nWo theme.

Ithil

Also as far as awful wrestling games that are plenty of fun, we can't not mention those deranged Wrestling Mpire games.

shot_remix16.jpg

Still a few hours until official breakdowns but NBA averaged nearly 16 mil viewers, and Roots and NHL had a combined 10 mil more

This is going to be rough

Fuck yeah

The best wrestling game is still WWF No Mercy, the animation is just spot on and modders have done wonders in adding the current roster.

Found my old GCS post list, edited to be up to date:
- Rich Swann
- Johnny Gargano
- Tomasso Ciampa
- Noam Dar
- Akira Tozawa
- Ho Ho Lun
- Lince Dorado
- Zack Sabre Jr
- Jack Gallagher
- Drew Gulak
- TJ Perkins

- Almost certainly Kota Ibushi

Gives us 11 for certain, 12 with Ibushi. The tournament is set for thirty two fucking people, who else is getting a spot?

I literally have no idea how they're planning to fill this out. You add in MAYBE Kalisto, MAYBE La Sombra, who else do you add before it's mostly an NXT tourney, and who else in NXT has that name value as a cruiser? Balor?

Also let's not forget the awful TNA game on the PS3/360 on which you are forced to play as Suicide for the sake a shitty tie in.

Still curious about ICW game which is I the works.

Ithil

The best wrestling game is still WWF No Mercy, the animation is just spot on and modders have done wonders in adding the current roster.

It still amazes me that for all their mocapping newfangled jazz, something as simple as a missile dropkick looks more realistic movement wise in No Mercy than in the newer titles.

That said the basic scoop slam in No Mercy looks weak as fuck.

Raw64life

Worst wrestling game I personally played was Tag Team Wrestling on NES. To this day I still have no fucking clue how to do anything.

Anyway, technically speaking, the worst wrestling game of all time was this gem here

So, the script was you, as Hulk Hogan, had to go up three levels of adversity to rescue Elizabeth. Not making this shit up. You fought Andre the Giant on the second level and then Macho Man on the third. Yes, you, Hulk Hogan, rescue Elizabeth from Macho Man.

I got this as a birthday gift.

There was a Game Boy Color game called WWF Betrayal, where Steph got kidnapped and you had to go through sidescrolling levels backstage and in factories and stuff to rescue her. You played as Austin, Rock, HHH, or Taker, and if you saved her you were promised a title shot.

852283-wwf_betrayal_gbc_047.jpg

852281-wwf_betrayal_gbc_045.jpg

Continuing this theme, who's your favourite fictional video game pro wrestler, GAF?

It's a tie between AKI Man or Wolf Hawkfield first me.

RBH

Also let's not forget the awful TNA game on the PS3/360 on which you are forced to play as Suicide for the sake a shitty tie in.

I didn't think it was too bad. The graphics were great for its time and the controls were pretty solid (and served as the foundation for WWE All Stars). The problem with the game is that the movesets were shitty, the roster was small, and there weren't enough modes (all pitfalls of being the first iteration of a game series).

Given another year or a sequel, I think it could've been a pretty solid game.

tna-impact-20080414100935906-2360174_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094057736.jpg

tna-impact-20080414100926578_640w.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Found my old GCS post list, edited to be up to date:

I literally have no idea how they're planning to fill this out. You add in MAYBE Kalisto, MAYBE La Sombra, who else do you add before it's mostly an NXT tourney, and who else in NXT has that name value as a cruiser? Balor?

Of course La Sombra is winning

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I want a wrestling game that treats wrestling for what it is. You create your wrestler, choose what kind of character you have, your in ring style etc and the whole goal of the game is to get over with the crowds and attempt not to botch in your matches.

I didn't think it was too bad. The graphics were great for its time and the controls were pretty solid (and served as the foundation for WWE All Stars). The problem with the game is that the movesets were shitty, the roster was small, and there weren't enough modes (all pitfalls of being the first iteration of a game series).

Given another year or a sequel, I think it could've been a pretty solid game.

tna-impact-20080414100935906-2360174_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094057736.jpg

tna-impact-20080414100926578_640w.jpg

Graphically it was spot on but everything else was very mediocre.

Ithil

There was a Game Boy Color game called WWF Betrayal, where Steph got kidnapped and you had to go through sidescrolling levels backstage and in factories and stuff to rescue her. You played as Austin, Rock, HHH, or Taker, and if you saved her you were promised a title shot.

852283-wwf_betrayal_gbc_047.jpg

852281-wwf_betrayal_gbc_045.jpg

We need more absurd wrestling games/modes like this. I think HCTP was the last mainline game to have that kind of arcade wackiness feel. All-Stars was the last game outright devoted to it.

We need more absurd wrestling games/modes like this. I think HCTP was the last mainline game to have that kind of arcade wackiness feel. All-Stars was the last game outright devoted to it.

I wish Crush Hour had been better. Twisted Metal with wrestlers, a concept I love that much, should have been hard to fuck up

Continuing this theme, who's your favourite fictional video game pro wrestler, GAF?

It's a tie between AKI Man or Wolf Hawkfield first me.

There's only one true answer: Dr. Frank from WCW/NWO Revenge.
7377199.png

He had Jumbo Tsuruta's moveset, and he was so unstoppable that our house rules banned him from our games.

Fenix is incredible.

The Pentagon Jr. vs. Fenix match from Royal Road The Beginning, Akebono's promotion's first show, was a fine showcase match for them. They had a bunch of cool spots, and they even got the crowd to chant "Cero miedo," albeit fairly faintly.

The little tail on Fenix's mask gives his corkscrew a little more visual panache.

MG310

Seth must have been on some really good drugs when he said he didn't care who had the belt when he came back "Roman,Cesaro,Barrett or Sheamus"

Seth must have been on some really good drugs when he said he didn't care who had the belt when he came back "Roman,Cesaro,Barrett or Sheamus"

It's not *that* crazy to think someone who was king of the ring would go on to be champ. I mean if they'd given Barrett the belt we'd have been surprised, but I don't know that we'd have been shocked. He could have carried the belt.

MG310

100% certain I'd be able to find something Fight Club when they were showing Seth's house. Marla Singer blowing smoke poster in the living room.

It's not *that* crazy to think someone who was king of the ring would go on to be champ. I mean if they'd given Barrett the belt we'd have been surprised, but I don't know that we'd have been shocked. He could have carried the belt.

In the time period between Seth's injury and comeback though?

Oh boy, the Urban Wrestling Federation is coming back to PPV. The return show, "Bloody Bullet," is out today on demand for $9.99, and it's an hour long. Is there any chance Sunny can get Stro to review this?

Top Bottom