• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

shaowebb

xhxHCgz.gif

Geez man. Zack Sabre Jr is like that Roland Gustav catch wrestler from Grappler Baki. Born to dismantle and snap body parts.

Hulk Hogan picked up and slammed 800 lb Andre the Giant in front of 500,000 people at Wrestlemania 3.

I was at an ICW show front row and Jack Jester came out and started getting in faces right at the end, he's booked as 6'1 which in wrestling logic must make me about 6'6 as I was quite a bit taller than him.

Got my 5 seconds of fame as well on ICW on Demand with a close up from the camera crew.

Anth0ny

Go home, your drunk.

But I'm right.

you know Melee is 15 years old and bigger than ever, right? It has already outlived the games of its time (Third Strike, Marvel 2, CVS2), AND the games of the gen that followed (Marvel 3, Street Fighter IV, Injustice, Brawl, MK9). What's another gen?

I'm saying that it should be there because it was a feature in every other entry in the series. In the genre, even. You don't personally have to see the point of playing solo, because not every game is made for you personally. But, by removing this one feature I would actually use, they've made it not for me. That's all.

I'm just trying to understand your (and seemingly many others) viewpoint. I was amazed at the negative backlash over a lack of single player in a fighting game, because I always viewed that mode as an afterthought that you'd play for maybe a couple of hours and then never again.

Street Fighter V seems to be exactly made for me personally, because I say fuck single player in fighting games.

That streak mode is pretty much a single player mode that one can "beat". Does that not scratch the single player itch for you? Why not? Does it need a final boss at the end? Cutscenes?

Ithil

In melee sure, but Smash 4 the items may as well be final smashes and the same goes for the stage hazards. All are way too strong and tons of instakill shit is in there. That sorta junk is why I dont play smash a lot.

It's a toy. It's for fun.
I leave it to tightrope walkers to care about balance.

bjork

I'm just trying to understand your (and seemingly many others) viewpoint. I was amazed at the negative backlash over a lack of single player in a fighting game, because I always viewed that mode as an afterthought that you'd play for maybe a couple of hours and then never again.

TYL not everyone thinks the same. It isn't a big issue, man. I was just saying my piece.

Its ok to really feel this way, but to always have it as your first answer gets pretty tiresome. Ive had to hear that shit for more than a decade he always answers "for the right price"

After a while it just sounds sleazy, and I was a huge mark for him.

Goldberg was a meathead that got into wrestling because he thought it would be easy money, his look got him pushed to the moon, and people who continue to prop that era up as the best era ever will still go "oh fuck dude Goldberg" because he was prominent in that era. So he's bought into his own hype and believes that he deserves so giant payday for being over in an era where EVERYONE was over. Fuck his dumb bald ass, I hope he never comes back.

I think I'd like Melee more if the top-tier stuff wasn't the same few people constantly playing the same two or three characters.

ANYWAYS BACK TO TALKING ABOUT WRASSLIN

I agree with you about Doom/DS3 friend. I will say while on the subject of current kideos, I don't get why everyone is losing their shit about Overwatch though. It's alright and that's about it.

I went to see Puscifer in London last night and the whole set was Lucha themed, from the opening act being a 30 min wrestling show to Maynard wearing a Lucha mask the entire performance. Even most of the singing was performed from inside the ring. A fucking good night was had.

Ithil

CHRIST

RESISTING URGE TO SHOOT

all good :)

Come on now. We're told in this very thread to not take wrestling so seriously, that it's only playfighting by carnies, and all that jazz.

I think you can not take video games so seriously too.

TYL not everyone thinks the same. It isn't a big issue, man. I was just saying my piece.

Goldberg was a meathead that got into wrestling because he thought it would be easy money, his look got him pushed to the moon, and people who continue to prop that era up as the best era ever will still go "oh fuck dude Goldberg" because he was prominent in that era. So he's bought into his own hype and believes that he deserves so giant payday for being over in an era where EVERYONE was over. Fuck his dumb bald ass, I hope he never comes back.

What is he 55?

He aint coming back, that ship sailed.

Tom Nook

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/737847651085869057

Begging you to click this

This has to be seen to be believed. There's so much ridiculous shit to comment on I don't even know where to begin

WTH did I just watched?

Matt's Hair....
The way Matt struggles to get out underneath the ropes.....
The contract look's like toilet paper....
A "baby" got involved......
Jeff took a bump where he could seriously get injured with the table pole in the center.....

Anth0ny

Come on now. We're told in this very thread to not take wrestling so seriously, that it's only playfighting by carnies, and all that jazz.

I think you can not take video games so seriously too.

ok but depth and balance are nice things to have

when you don't have those you have shitty games

and shitty games ain't cool

wwe has no depth and balance. why is why it's absolute garbage.

Its ok to really feel this way, but to always have it as your first answer gets pretty tiresome. Ive had to hear that shit for more than a decade he always answers "for the right price"

After a while it just sounds sleazy, and I was a huge mark for him.
I was looking or reading something and basically before he got in he was like," Yeah I want to be a big deal when I do this thing. Not a one and done deal."

So they set him up to be the guy he is right now as he was a bare minimum guy. I compare him to a lot of womens wrestlers when they just want them for the look and we'll put you over as the divas champion. Sable to be exact.

bjork

What is he 55?

He aint coming back, that ship sailed.

He's 49 and could easily work one match and a few Raw appearances to do a build. I just hope they wouldn't, but I feel like they're running out of surprises and still-living people they can have appear.

Ithil

ok but depth and balance are nice things to have

when you don't have those you have shitty games

and shitty games ain't cool

wwe has no depth and balance. why is why it's absolute garbage.

Making a game fair is fine and expected, but it's those people who play solely to the have "the most numbers" that I find absurd.

:( I'll check it out sometime.

I watched Daichi Hashimoto vs. Jun Akiyama from some random AJPW show. It's your typical, simple AJPW style match but Hashimoto shows great fire and nice striking. There is definitely something there and I am curious to see how he will develop in the future.

I wouldn't bother with KAI vs. Hino.

On the other hand, get yourself some Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kento Miyahara for the Triple Crown, which left me so pumped that I have to take a little break before I watch anything else today. That delivered on the potential the match-up had, though don't show Vader this match because there's a fighting spirit sequence during the match that could drive him nuts. In the context of the match, it's a great sequence, but isolated in gif form, it looks like a bunch of no-selling.

klonere

Banned
I wouldn't bother with KAI vs. Hino.

On the other hand, get yourself some Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kento Miyahara for the Triple Crown, which left me so pumped that I have to take a little break before I watch anything else today. That delivered on the potential the match-up had, though don't show Vader this match because there's a fighting spirit sequence during the match that could drive him nuts. In the context of the match, it's a great sequence, but isolated in gif form, it looks like a bunch of no-selling.

I was refreshing the thread earlier looking for this, thus I watched the Hashimoto/Akiyama match in waiting.

Can't wait!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God I love it when this thread talks good wrestling.

Luschient

It's gonna be The Rock and Stone cold stone cold, at WrestleMania 17. This is big.

I was fortunate enough to see WM17 live, didn't really come across on the DVD but the crowd was on the verge of rioting at the end of the Rock/Austin match w/ all the close counts.

bjork

So I cashed in my miitomo coin things to get that Zelda Picross game on 3DS. Holy shit, does Midna talk too much in the tutorial. Nintendo needs to have a setting in the NX that is "I can figure this shit out myself" mode. Forced/non-skippable anything in a game ever needs to go die.

So I cashed in my miitomo coin things to get that Zelda Picross game on 3DS. Holy shit, does Midna talk too much in the tutorial. Nintendo needs to have a setting in the NX that is "I can figure this shit out myself" mode. Forced/non-skippable anything in a game ever needs to go die.

miitomo will be a joke entrant in the Royal Rumble some day.

I was fortunate enough to see WM17 live, didn't really come across on the DVD but the crowd was on the verge of rioting at the end of the Rock/Austin match w/ all the close counts.
I think I watched it last year for the first time in forever and watching every kick out, it put me into hysterics. I love a ppv where you know the results but still get worked up watching it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm selling something on eBay and I got a message about it on my phone, so I went to the site to check it, and the question was just another guy who was selling the same item who wanted to tell me he was also selling one.

....okay? Thanks?

bjork

I'm selling something on eBay and I got a message about it on my phone, so I went to the site to check it, and the question was just another guy who was selling the same item who wanted to tell me he was also selling one.

....okay? Thanks?

Is it something rare? Maybe he wants to meet up and you can be bros or something.

Just watched the Ospreay vs Ricochet match.

I enjoyed it for what it was when you put the flips into the context of the two high flyers trying to outdo one another, same time, I can also see why some purists would be up in arms.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We would welcome you on the AJPW bandwagon, friend. They might be burning through match-ups for Kento Miyahara, but I'll take it if Korakuen is as hot as it seemed for Miyahara vs. Sekimoto.
I just never get enough time, that's my true demon. Despite cutting out most WWE content, which is usually what saps peoples' time, i just ain't got enough.

I'm just happy to see it discussed after the shitshow this thread has been.

Eddie don't want any problems with Benoit. That man is too legit.

Fanatic, I'm glad you picked Radicalz because I did too. You can't deny the skills in that damn group. Every man should've been world champion especially The Ice Man, he's the best.

bjork

Eddie don't want any problems with Benoit. That man is too legit.

Fanatic, I'm glad you picked Radicalz because I did too. You can't deny the skills in that damn group. Every man should've been world champion especially The Ice Man, he's the best.

Perry Saturn world champ?

I was disappointed that Malenko never got time to shine in WWF they could have built the Cruiserweight division around him as a dominant champion.

bjork

I should've put, "world champion somewhere" lol. Saturn was the weak link no doubt but there's no denying his skill set. Sucks that it all ended sadly.

I always liked him, and I could even see him as an IC-level champ. I'm just glad they found him after he went missing.

I was disappointed that Malenko never got time to shine in WWF they could have built the Cruiserweight division around him as a dominant champion.
I'd still like to know why he decided to call it quits because he could still go, unless he had some secret injuries I don't know about. But when Vince started bringing in Rey, Chavo, Kidman, and Ultimo Dragon just imagine the matches Dean could've put on for a different crowd. He can hang with anyone, big or small. He definitely deserved more. I wish the rumour of him and Benoit doing an Eddie tribute match came true in 2007.

I always liked him, and I could even see him as an IC-level champ. I'm just glad they found him after he went missing.
I didn't appreciate him as much as a kid other than the vicious rings of saturn and his death valley driver. I thought he died a few years back after not hearing about him in forever. I was listening to a podcast and they said around 99-2002 he doesn't remember anything that happens because he was so high and I guess you could say that's a good thing. Only because of a fucking mop.

bjork

Friendlies, what is your favourite awful wrestling game?

What constitutes awful? I liked Raw on Genesis a lot, but it was a minor upgrade to Royal Rumble, which was a minor upgrade to Super Wrestlemania.

Maybe Wrestlemania the Arcade Game.

klonere

Banned
We would welcome you on the AJPW bandwagon, friend. They might be burning through match-ups for Kento Miyahara, but I'll take it if Korakuen is as hot as it seemed for Miyahara vs. Sekimoto.

At least AJPW can say they have gotten their hardcore crowd completely with their chosen ace.

As for perspective challengers, they still have that Mashimo match to pay off, a Zeus rematch and perhaps a "one last time" match for Akiyama
or even Mutoh lol

Speaking of wrestlers who got high supposedly Kerry Von Erich was a nightmare in the 80's and had to carried through some big matches because he was high as a kite and barely coherent. Flair's book had a chaperone about Von Erichs, a family marred by tragedy and no small amount of controversy.

Top Bottom