• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

RBH

Vince bringing back RVD kinda reminds me of 1996 when Vince brought back guys like Jake Roberts and Ultimate Warrior at a time when they were struggling with ratings. Maybe a good short-term move, but don't expect much to come out of it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I guess they're turning AJ too, she generally keeps up kayfabe on the Twitters.

clipboard01sdu4h.jpg

Ithil

It was crazy how well booked Payback was. I imagine it didn't get hit by last minute rewrites.
I mean they considered the Chicago crowd and used it to help a double turn, had two logical story driven matches (the Divas and World title matches) that followed on from their stories, an awesomely funny way of Axel winning the IC title that pays off his cheap wins on RAW, Punk being treated as a huge deal and just a straight feel good bit for the crowd, heel and face turns handled well, teases handled well, etc. Very unWWE which thrives in nonsensical, illogical booking.

About the only big mistake was the main event, the crowd were dead for most of it, and hated both guys. It was just not a good idea to have that match as the "big legendary main event".

Aiii

So not worth it
Their mistake was turning Ryback heel. It was too soon, he was starting to get over with his feed me more chant at least. Now everyone shits on him, he lost the chant and instead people are full-on back to doing Goldberg chants.

McNei1y

I think Ryback can be a great heel but Aiii is right. It came way to fast. And instead of being the force to be reckoned with, he became a huge ass that hasn't destroyed anything except jobbers.

Kaladin

Why would they run a return promo like they did last night if Mark Henry is retiring? I smell a short run retirement angle at least.

BFIB

So why exactly did Del Rio get the strap off Ziggler!?

Glad AJ won the Diva's Title though.

And Punk returning!? Looks like I'm watching Raw weekly again!

Ithil

Beat him in the back of the head nonstop viciously until Ziggler couldn't stand. Total double turn.

EDIT: Whoops, read "why" as "how". The why is to turn Ziggler face and presumably give him a clean win of the title at a PPV instead of a MITB cash-in on RAW.

Where do you guys store all your gifs? I need to stop bookmarking and just build my own collection.

ablode? minus? Have you guys tried flickr now that we can store up to 2TB? Does it work for gifs?

Kaladin

Where do you guys store all your gifs? I need to stop bookmarking and just build my own collection.

ablode? minus? Have you guys tried flickr now that we can store up to 2TB? Does it work for gifs?

I just search Google Images for the appropriate Gif...I only keep links to rare ones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Dropbox that fucker, all my gifs are on-hand no matter where I am.

Aiii

So not worth it

Because this story only made sense with this outcome. It wasn't a snub, I expect him to win a briefcase, anounce a cash in for a legit SS match and win the title back there.

And if you haven't been warching since Punk left you missed out on some great stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm really mixed on TLoU. Its combat is really BAD. Not "tense" but actually bad, and a lot of people are mistaking it for being good and poignant when in reality it's just getting to be such a chore. I imagine people that love stealth games more than I do (I already enjoy stealth games a LOT) don't mind the monotony but for me, it's dragging so badly and I hate every encounter I come up on.

And then there's the elephant stampeding AI that the enemies don't notice or look at that is incredibly jarring to me. Glad I just rented this, the hyperbole for the game was fuckin stupid and shameful, and it's a lot of fun when you're not fighting/creeping.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What you'll miss in Punk tweets are made up for in Batista posting a picture of the tail he brought home last night:

VEL9bHP.jpg

Dammit Dave

KissVibes

Banned
Anyone have a gif of Curtis Axel's perfect dropkick from last night? Shit was so fucking smooth.

It's amazing what just two and a bit months off did for Punk. He looked five years younger.

I thought so too. Took the lip-ring out, went for minimal wrap on his hands and none on his arms, good haircut + facial hair combo, and has probably eaten decent meals every day since he left. Hopefully he stays looking this good.

Slick back Punk was the worst. Dude looked as old or slightly older than Jericho.

Kaladin

Man, I'm really mixed on TLoU. Its combat is really BAD. Not "tense" but actually bad, and a lot of people are mistaking it for being good and poignant when in reality it's just getting to be such a chore. I imagine people that love stealth games more than I do (I already enjoy stealth games a LOT) don't mind the monotony but for me, it's dragging so badly and I hate every encounter I come up on.

And then there's the elephant stampeding AI that the enemies don't notice or look at that is incredibly jarring to me. Glad I just rented this, the hyperbole for the game was fuckin stupid and shameful, and it's a lot of fun when you're not fighting/creeping.

I like the stealth part of it, but the combat can be tedious I guess. I like that the combat is there so if you fuck up on stealth, you're not dead and can legit badass kill everyone if they don't swarm you. I've also found that if you're in a tight spot in combat you can sometimes just run to clear the area, and if you survive they break off chase. I had some soldiers spot me and was almost overwhelmed till I just ran the fuck out of there and on to the next section. The main thing that is kinda out there to me is how if you make it through a spot, the AI controlled partner always makes it through that spot, even if they should have been seen. You just gotta put that out of your mind and know that they'll be behind you....at least it is kind of a relief that you don't have to hold your AI partner's hands through stealth sections.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will say regarding TLoU when this motherfucker showed up my attitude brightened the fuck up:

GtexEfb.jpg

Love me some DAN DORITY! (no this is not a game spoiler by any means)

Ithil

Anyone have a gif of Curtis Axel's perfect dropkick from last night? Shit was so fucking smooth.

I thought so too. Took the lip-ring out, went for minimal wrap on his hands and none on his arms, good haircut + facial hair combo, and has probably eaten decent meals every day since he left. Hopefully he stays looking this good.

Slick back Punk was the worst. Dude looked as old or slightly older than Jericho.

Most notable was those huge bags under his eyes were gone. He must have been sleeping well for the first time in years.

I'm not sure he's quite back full time yet. I think he'll be part time for a little while longer before coming back on the road every week.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am assuming Bray Wyatt debuts tonight, that promo on Payback was fucking amazing, best yet.

Also, for someone that just lost his title, Ziggler sure looks happy:
BM9pxLzCIAACk9h.jpg:large

Kaladin

I fucking lol'd hard at Punk straight up Mizing the short arm scissors. It was an amazing, multi step botch.

I lol'd at the telegraph of the springboard/codebreaker spot. That is supposed to be a spur of the moment "OH SHIT" reversal, but Punk stalled too long to wait for Jericho to show signs of life and Jericho telegraphed the codebreaker before Punk launched himself.

GWF teams post]
I love this here, expalnations for why people are grouped together along with the team names, there's quite a bit of thought put into this and it shows the little details you've noted from various members of our wrasslin' community.

I fucking lol'd hard at Punk straight up Mizing the short arm scissors. It was an amazing, multi step botch.

Mizing? oh this is a wonderful term I hope to get more use out of.

Joeki11a

Banned
Would it be a bad idea to make Curtis Axel a blonde and add some extensions?, make him like his daddy.

He looks the same as before, not even new looking at all, cant take him serious looking like a tiny Matt Morgan.

He appears to be alluding that one woman turned him down, thinking he was trash, while the girl pictured apparently prized him highly enough to spend the night with him.

Also, I got my tickets for Revolution Pro in October! 3rd row seats, should be a real fun night. Can't wait to see Tanahashi's UK debut, Bret Hart and Prince Devitt vs Ricochet!

KissVibes

Banned
Dave tried to pull some PUA shit at the club but one woman called him trash so he moved on and found one it worked on.

1371454089936.gif

That's quite a significant look there.

I love how you can tell it's completely genuine when his face changes. After all the bullshit about McGenesis, he can finally say he did his dad proud a little.

Top Bottom