• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

I never thought I would have to post this in WrestleGAF, but...

The opinions, views and fan-fictions expressed by Shark Johnson are the opinions of him and him only, and do not reflect the opinions or views of any of WrestleGAF or the opinions or views of any other individual on NeoGAF.

KissVibes

Banned
You brought this onto yourself.

You published that ask and it made me curious. You've cursed me to read about how CM Punk became a vessel for Lucifer and the only way Bobby could save the boys was by tapping into Punk's newly-found homosexual urges.

I never thought I would have to post this in WrestleGAF, but...

The opinions, views and fan-fictions expressed by Shark Johnson are the opinions of him and him only, and do not reflect the opinions or views of any of WrestleGAF or the opinions or views of any other individual on NeoGAF.

Because of the f word, eh? Yeah, I figured that MIGHT cause an issue an edited it out.

KissVibes

Banned
Actually I didn't even notice that. I was mainly referring to you posting fan-fiction in the first place.

I'M THE ONE-MAN LATE NIGHT WRASSLEGAF, BABY!

zLOqsZo.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I vividly remember all 8 of her posts.

kI5C4fM.png

Hmm, I really should post more. Though it's hard to when you don't watch Raws or PPVs live (I don't have the stomach for it, I need the fast forward) and you wish to avoid spoilers.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. A lot of love from guys like Jim Ross seems to have gone into this and the matches picked all fall toward being important and representative of the time and voted upon favourites.

Now the only U.S. promotions left that I want to see such work done is Championship Wrestling From Florida and Pacific Championship Wrestling. Though that last one I know is doubtful since Don Coss and Roddy Piper don't want to lose any rights to the footage.

Right, that felt good. I should read and post more.

No wait, never mind.

CBMZ1kO.gif

Can't wait for that Mid-South set - really, really looking forward to it, as Mid-South has always been one of my favourite territories. The TV product was just so FUN. I tried watching a season of Memphis earlier this year, but it was so hard to get through compared to Mid-South.

Unrelated, but what the hell's this Vine thing? Akira Tozawa keeps filling my twitter feed with random shit like this;

https://vine.co/v/hBUA0EgzjKF

Mr. Robot

Rumor for one of the MitB matches is an all former winner match with:
RVD
Ziggs
Kane
Swagger
Bryan
(Punk?)

Del Rio and Cena already have titles so they're not going to do it

edit: forgot MIZ

Fuck that, if we don't get RVD, Christian and Jericho in the same match there's no point... maybe throw Kofi in there just to see what kind of shenanigans RVD and Kofi pull.

JR listed some of the matches on the Mid-South compilation;

The WWE production of the “Legends of Mid South Wrestling” DVD which comes out on September 10 has some amazing matches that will be featured including and here’s a partial list:

Ted DiBiase vs. Paul Ordnorff
Andre, Dusty Rhodes & JYD vs The Wild Samoans and Ernie Ladd (All WWE HOFers)
Jim Duggan vs. DiBiase Coal Miner’s Glove, Tuxedo, Loser Leaves Town Match
Wrestling 2 mentoring Magnum TA storyline
JYD Tarred and Feathered storyline
JYD vs. Hacksaw Butch Reed (Ghetto Street Fight)
Rock ‘n Roll vs. Midnight Express (a series of bouts..all tremendous)
HBK vs. DiBiase (Shawn’s rookie year)
Rick Steiner vs. Nick Patrick (Steiner was a rookie and Nick became a great referee)
Ric Flair vs. DiBiase NWA Title Bout (amazing)
A UWF match featuring the Bladerunners, Sting & Rock aka Ultimate Warrior
Terry Gordy vs. Duggan UWF Title (A legit Slobber Knocker)
DiBiase & Dr. Death vs. Freebirds in a Lumberjack match (‘Birds loved the heat!)
Gordy vs Doc UWF Title Bout (A Classic..lead to the formation of an extraordinary team)
Doc Vs. Bubba Rogers aka Big Bossman UWF Title (1 of my favorite matches I ever called)
One Man Gang vs. Big Bubba Rogers UWF Title (Textbook, Super Heavyweight bout)

There will also be some major DVD Blu Ray exclusives. I will have more on those soon.

Hot damn, some great matches there. The Duggan vs DiBiase feud, Rock & Roll vs Midnight Express, DiBiase's face turn against Flair, Gordy vs Hacksaw, Gordy vs Dr. Death, etc.

KissVibes

Banned
Fuck that, if we don't get RVD, Christian and Jericho in the same match there's no point... maybe throw Kofi in there just to see what kind of shenanigans RVD and Kofi pull.

I agree that Christian should get Swaggers spot seeing as swagger sucks. Just have it be former MitB winners and one victim of a CLASSLESS BEATING BY MONSTERS. Or say Christian is representing Edge.

Actually no, The Captain should just be in the WHC match and win the contract, beat Del Yawno, and feud with Cesaro and Barrett.

Kofi can compete in a match on the pre-show to see who gets to take the ring apart by themselves. Which he'll lose to JTG.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys, I post on this local area video game group for my Facebook and some guys talking about how he's getting an Xbone because they never got hacked(False) and how their updates never bricked systems(because 360s didn't need updates to brick)

So... these people DO exist.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys, I post on this local area video game group for my Facebook and some guys talking about how he's getting an Xbone because they never got hacked(False) and how their updates never bricked systems(because 360s didn't need updates to brick)

So... these people DO exist.

Instead their hardware bricked systems, so that's something.

But yeah, I think some people are just too devoted to one brand or the other to see past the bullshit and just go for the system that doesn't do all the crazy DRM stuff.

Oh blast it Aiii, now my mood level has dropped.

He was awesome until he started having match after match with Orton and he used that awful "ONE MORE MATCH" chant. The happiness of him winning the Big Gold Belt™ wore off extremely quickly.
Hey man, that was the foundation of four star matches and great feuds, never forget that!

The Street Pass Puzzle Swap music is so good guys
One day i'll complete one of those puzzles

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. A lot of love from guys like Jim Ross seems to have gone into this and the matches picked all fall toward being important and representative of the time and voted upon favourites.

Now the only U.S. promotions left that I want to see such work done is Championship Wrestling From Florida and Pacific Championship Wrestling. Though that last one I know is doubtful since Don Coss and Roddy Piper don't want to lose any rights to the footage.

JR listed some of the matches on the Mid-South compilation;

Hot damn, some great matches there. The Duggan vs DiBiase feud, Rock & Roll vs Midnight Express, DiBiase's face turn against Flair, Gordy vs Hacksaw, Gordy vs Dr. Death, etc.

God damn, this is going to be one amazing DVD. I couldn't be more hyped for it. How long we gotta wait?

Aiii

So not worth it
Thing is, who else are they gonna pair AJ with after Kaitlyn?

It's not like anybody cares about any of the other women unless they start building them up? Not even counting Cameron, Alicia Fox and Aksana. Layla isn't very good in the ring, but is at least somewhat interesting.

Only leaves Natalya really. At least people care about Stephanie.

If they bring up Paige in the fall and build her up as a challenger at WrestleMania, that would be good. But until then they need stuff for AJ to do and put her against women people care about at least.

Aiii

So not worth it
Paige vs AJ has to be a match they're thinking about right? I doubt it will happen soon but sometime next year?

As I said, if I was booking this in my head Paige comes up as a face in the fall, works her way into the hearts of the WWE UNIVERSE™ and they build her up to destroy AJ at WrestleMania.

Instead they both won't be on WrestleMania and Maria Menounus will fight a Bell Twin instead.

---

I will also settle for AJ vs. Lita or AJ vs. Trish at WM30.

This better lead to a push for Cesaro. A guy that good in the ring needs to be on every one of your shows.

Dat green screen outline though hehe.

BFIB

i've watched Monday's Raw, first Raw I've watched since Punk left for a while, and I'm already sick of the McMahons.

Sounds like Steph needs an ego boost!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like they mentioned on the LAW, with the exception of Sheamus, all of the faces and heels in WWE all make sense and nobody's currently trying to be something they're not.

Except that asshole Sheamus.

I don't know about Sheamus, acting like a dick is probably taught at the fabled Ireland University in order to survive the mean bar brawling streets they'll be returning to.

Thing is, who else are they gonna pair AJ with after Kaitlyn?

It's not like anybody cares about any of the other women unless they start building them up? Not even counting Cameron, Alicia Fox and Aksana. Layla isn't very good in the ring, but is at least somewhat interesting.

Only leaves Natalya really. At least people care about Stephanie.

If they bring up Paige in the fall and build her up as a challenger at WrestleMania, that would be good. But until then they need stuff for AJ to do and put her against women people care about at least.

Natalya, Naomi, Cameron, The Bella Twins, Eva Marie, and Jo-Jo Offerman are all about to become household names thanks to E! Total Divas

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zeb is really in position to be the best WWE heel in a long time. But there's nothing interesting going on with him because when you're stuck with guys like Berto and Swagger...

It's a shame, it is a FANTASTIC gimmick for drawing heat(in most areas).

Kaladin

What has happened with WWE since Mania that has caused them to turn their product around so drastically? They have more good things going now than they have had at one time in years. Daniel Bryan, Punk, Mark Henry, The Shield, Zeb + Cesaro, AJ as Divas Champ, The Family, NXT....I can't remember the last time WWE had that many good things going all at once.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What has happened with WWE since Mania that has caused them to turn their product around so drastically? They have more good things going now than they have had at one time in years. Daniel Bryan, Punk, Mark Henry, The Shield, Zeb + Cesaro, AJ as Divas Champ, The Family, NXT....I can't remember the last time WWE had that many good things going all at once.

You want the real answer?

Vince relaxing his grip, Triple H booking and finally getting through to Stephanie. Long-term booking is a pain in the ASS to set up, but they're dealing with it and the product's quality is going up up up.

Top Bottom