• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Kaladin

On another note, one of Rob Van Dam's few indie appearances is going to be on iPPV on Friday with FWE (Family Wrestling Entertainment or Former WWE Entertainers)

FWE Heavyweight Championship Match
Carlito defends vs. John Morrison

No Disqualification Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Tommy Dreamer

Maria Kanellis & Ivelisse vs. Angelina Love & Katarina

FWE Tri-Borough Championship Match
Paul London defends vs. Akio Yang

Brian Kendrick vs. Petey Williams

The Young Bucks vs. Anthony Nese & Jigsaw

30 Man Rumble - Rumble winner gets a future shot at any FWE title!
Rumble Participants:
-The Patriot
-Jorge Santi
-Paul London
-Mike Bennett
-VSK/Ej Risk (Adrenaline Express)
-Sam Shields
-Matt and Nick Jackson (The Young Bucks)
-Joey Ace/Jason Gotti (Diamond Inc.)
-Bandido Jr.
-Alex Reynolds
-Chris Mordetzky (fka Chris Masters)
-Damien Darling
-StoneCold ET
-Wesley Draven Turner
-Akio Yang
-JKO
-Plus MORE!

It's on WWNLive: http://www.wwnlive.com/event-fwe-06-21-13.html

Ithil

I'm starting to wonder if this McMahon power stuggle story is meant to be a long term angle that eventually moves the kayfabe power over the WWE from Vince to HHH permanently, as a transition. Now that's only on-screen, but HHH does get more and more power over the product with each passing year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to wonder if this McMahon power stuggle story is meant to be a long term angle that eventually moves the kayfabe power over the WWE from Vince to HHH permanently, as a transition. Now that's only on-screen, but HHH does get more and more power over the product with each passing year.

It sounds like it, especially because it's not being done well and feels shoehorned. They're taking their time doing it and making it a long-term storyline (what up Survivor Series) but it's gotta happen sometime and there we go.

gurudyne

This better lead to a push for Cesaro. A guy that good in the ring needs to be on every one of your shows.

Yep. I just wish the crowd would react to him. As frustrating as the booking can be sometimes, to me, the single most aggravating thing about wrestling is watching a crowd sit on their hands when Cesaro is ragdolling people in the ring. It's like, what are you people doing here if this FUCKING AWESOME THING HAPPENING can't get some chants going?

I hope Vince relaxes his grip when January-April come around.

grinningvince.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Road to Wrestlemania has turned into the Trail of Tears for the IWC.

BFIB

I've always equitted blaming Stephanie for fucking up what should had been the greatest angle in the history of pro wrestling: the WCW invasion angle.

I'm sure Vince had his hand in it as well, but I believe she was booking a lot of the angle at the time.

Hey GAF! I'm turning on some wrestling! It's been awhile, but I've finished a new Wrestlejam episode so I'm letting the stream go all day long!

What is Wrestlejam?

An ode to the wrestling mix tape, some of the most bizarre and hilarious moments in wrestling history. Each episode is about 1 hour long, some good wrestlecrap and lols, and each episode always ends with a great match. You sit through the bs that people like myself had to sit through in our childhood, and you are rewarded with a high caliber match. A fun time for everyone, so check it out!

WrestleJam All Day Long!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How come 2k still hasn't just ripped the AKI engine out of No Mercy, put in modern wrestlers and scrapped the Create-A-Wrestler, add online and release a game at 20 bucks

how come

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GAF! I'm turning on some wrestling! It's been awhile, but I've finished a new Wrestlejam episode so I'm letting the stream go all day long!

What is Wrestlejam?

An ode to the wrestling mix tape, some of the most bizarre and hilarious moments in wrestling history. Each episode is about 1 hour long, some good wrestlecrap and lols, and each episode always ends with a great match. You sit through the bs that people like myself had to sit through in our childhood, and you are rewarded with a high caliber match. A fun time for everyone, so check it out!

WrestleJam All Day Long!

Watching while I can at work...curse Michaels

strobogo

Banned
I've always equitted blaming Stephanie for fucking up what should had been the greatest angle in the history of pro wrestling: the WCW invasion angle.

I'm sure Vince had his hand in it as well, but I believe she was booking a lot of the angle at the time.

Vince went out of his way to bury WCW and its talent on the very first night. He shit all over WCW as a brand before the angle even officially started. I have zero doubt that having the biggest angle ever be a backdrop for more of his family squabbling, making WCW and ECW look like pathetic companies that ended up having his own guys as the main stars of the group, and having the angle end in him being ferociously victorious and spending the next 12 years continuing to make fun of WCW were totally Vince's ideas.

McNei1y

How come 2k still hasn't just ripped the AKI engine out of No Mercy, put in modern wrestlers and scrapped the Create-A-Wrestler, add online and release a game at 20 bucks

how come

Create-A-Wrestler is great. If they kept that and threw in the Smackdown games story mode, I'd declare best game ever.

Man I do not like group interviews, I feel like Zack Ryder in an over the top rope battle royal, at least there didn't seem to be any Cena equivalents in that batch of candidates.
Then again Zack Ryder won a battle royal once so I got to keep these jobbing dreams alive.

The Road to Wrestlemania has turned into the Trail of Tears for the IWC.
Making a mental note of this term in preparation for next year.

GUYS I HAVE DUG UP SO MANY GYROIDS TODAY JESUS CHRIST
Same but they're all tall or mini, dammit I like my gyroids MEGA!

how come
I wager a batch of modern gamers who unfortunately grew up on the recent entries wouldn't be able to function without all the create modes and many options used to disguise the pants gameplay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF guys look better than the in game models.

ibeQYpukBJcQWu.gif

Striker

CAW wrestlers always look like cartoon characters in the ring vs the in game wrestlers.
Some do, yeah, but I'll take a cartoony looking guy over one who has a bad moveset plus having to pay money to use any day.

Like look at some of the DLC in WWE '13: Val Venis, Brian Pillman, Goldust, Damien Sandow, Ryback, DDP, Uso's ... they couldn't be in the game? Too much space on the disc? I remember, I think it was last year, when Yukes/THQ wasted space on the disc for Michael Cole as a playable character. Several years ago they had the Masked Man, Tony, other awful characters that were only made-up for RTWM purposes. You know, instead of putting more Legends in the game or ones that were on the actual roster.

jred2k

Damn, Sailor Swayze is at 97. Those are almost Bish levels of power. Poo Soul Playa doesn't stand a chance at 75 if she gets involved with the Soul Playa/QoT match. That chump on team MMA with 77 doesn't stand a chance either.

jred2k

I wonder if Prof. Beef's stats are higher before or after death? I've heard that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but he take it to a whole notha' level!

Guys, I know you're all worried that I won't make the GWF roster cut this season. But I'm pretty sure Sunny is just saving me up as a surprise reveal.

It'll be as amazing as Bo Dallas' Royal Rumble debut!

:(

I wonder if I'll actually manage to hit a lariat in season 2 of GWF.

Also, I just noticed that the Capcom D&D side-scrollers are out on Steam/PSN/XBLA! Holy shit.

*edit, wtf - Stro, you should make some wrasslin' themed ones of...whatever the hell those things are.

82. You're Nocturnowl-Tier.
This can only be a good thing.

*edit, wtf - Stro, you should make some wrasslin' themed ones of...whatever the hell those things are.
Emotional, hard hitting and thought provoking quotes that really make you think...

"We used to share a strong bond but a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, am I the weak link? no,no,no..."

I know you guys all have some MAJOR feels after that humdinger.

The one with the flaming table is amazing for all the wrong reasons, it's like he just put himself through the damn thing!
Can't stop watching it.

Top Bottom