• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

gurudyne

FAVE FIVE:

1: Daniel Bryan
2: Cesaro
3: Dolph Ziggler
4: Bray Wyatt
5: Mark Henry
HM: CM Punk

Lots of great matches and moments that people will remember come _____ of the Year time.

I still haven't seen it confirmed beyond a pastebinlol post, but assuming it's legit (why not) then that's the catch they weren't telling us yet. So I'm not feeling as injured in its loss.

Still bummed I have to schlep discs around though like a dirty poor on the schoolyard, but I can buy digital. However no reselling, period, which is a shame. I wanted some control over my digital content.

The Pastebin post wasn't something I'd trust but CBOAT just confirmed it, so yeah, it's true.

Might as well get my priorities straight and list my fave five as well.

Current
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Antonio Cesaro
3) The Shield
4) Mark Henry
5) Dolph Ziggler

Favorites of all time
1) Kurt Angle
2) CM Punk
3) Daniel Bryan
4) Chris Benoit
5) Eddie Guererro

Mr Jared

Aw shucky ducky

Current:
1) The Shield
2) Daniel Bryan
3) AJ Lee
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Mark Henry

It feels great to feel genuinely excited about the WWE again.

RBH

4d4abfd6d10311e2aa0322000a1fa408_7.jpg

RBH

From the latest issue of the Observer:

--Van Dam’s deal was described to us as similar to that of Chris Jericho. The idea is that he’ll be put in a similar position, since he’s starting roughly the time Jericho is leaving. We didn’t get clarified how long it was, other than it’s a several month deal where he’ll work TVs and PPVs, and some house shows, but not a full schedule.

--For what it’s worth, Scott Hall did an interview a few weeks ago, and I’m sure he was kidding, but he said this with a straight face when the interviewer put over how great the NWO was. “Thank you very much. It was even better when Vince was paying us on the side to go down there to destroy it."

--Alex Wright, 38, a former WCW star, who runs a wrestling school in Germany, has talked about trying to make a comeback. He stopped wrestling when he was 28 due to injuries.

--On the Fandango concussion front, there is more concern on this one than some of the others because apparently Curtis Hussey has suffered a few documented concussions already.

--Jericho suffered what was believed to have been a torn right meniscus on 6/4 in his Smackdown match with Axel.

--A match floating around for SummerSlam, if Undertaker will work the show, is Undertaker & Kane vs. The Shield. They already shot the angle since The Shield gave Undertaker a triple team power bomb on his last appearance, which is the storyline reason for him being gone.

--Money in the Bank on 7/14 in Philadelphia is already sold out.

--E! was shooting Natalya’s bachelorette party on 6/12 in Las Vegas for “Total Divas.” They made sure the entire cast of the show was there. The plan I’m told is for the season to build up to airing her wedding to Ted “T.J.” Wilson (Tyson Kidd) on the show, because weddings are good for ratings, especially for a show that will be aimed at largely women. I was told by someone close to the situation, “it’s a fair conclusion they’re getting married on the show."

--A funny deal is that the Sin Cara ringside collectible figure has his arm in a sling. It’s not a rib on the idea Sin Cara has been injured a lot, but the sling was originally designed for a Ringside Collectible C.M. Punk figure for last year. The idea was for when Punk had an arm injury and the arm was in a sling. They wanted to have accessories in the two packs and Sin Cara and Mysterio were together. It was supposed to be for Mysterio representing the angle between Mysterio and Del Rio when Del Rio injured Mysterio’s arm. But the factory accidentally, instead of making the sling an accessory, put it on the Sin Cara figure.

--Halle Berry was nominated for a BET Award for Best Actress for her role in “The Call.” Bet nobody ever thought someone would get a movie award nomination for a film WWE was involved with.

--Jacob Hager(Swagger), currently out after hand surgery, is scheduled for trial on 6/25 from his 2/19 arrest for a DUI in Gulfport, MS, shortly after a Smackdown taping in Biloxi. Swagger is facing fines of $437 for marijuana possession, $188 for speeding (he was going something like 45 in a 35, so it’s not like it was excessive speeding), and $1,300 for a first DUI offense, as well as a maximum two days in jail and potentially being ordered to attend classes.

--There is expected to be a major television feature on the WWE developmental system once the new gym is up and running. It’s going to be on one of the major television sports documentaries.

--A lot of the lower level guys on the main roster are liking being on the NXT show because they are featured more as stars when they are on NXT, get more time for their matches, and a lot of the bigwigs, HHH in particular, are there at the tapings and there’s a greater chance for a standout performance than on WWE television. HHH got really behind Curtis Axel based on his series of NXT matches last year with Tyson Kidd.

--The reason Percy Watson was let go several weeks back was the feeling that his attitude changed when he was taken off the road as a Raw roster member. He wasn’t used on TV, but he was brought to TV, worked dark matches all the time and was on the road, and then was sent back to NXT. The feeling was because he was probably the most all-around athletic guy in the company, and saw it, but then started missing practices. In developmental, so much is based on the perception of commitment. An example is Wyatt, who was also on the main roster and was sent back down because Vince didn’t like his physique. But he clicked with the new character. While the Bray Wyatt character came from Dusty Rhodes, Wyatt himself got into it himself and has been constantly coming up with ideas for it, which is taken as a sign he really wants it. Plus, he also dropped weight during the period he was out with an injury.

--There was a wrestler at the most recent camp in early June who was a Pan American games gold medalist in wrestling (Jim Ross made a reference to him in one of his blogs) who it was said looks remarkably like Bryan, just a little bigger. He also listed Bryan as his favorite wrestler and the guy he studies the most and apparently he was, as far as athletic ability went, the standout.

--Mike Bennett was told to hang tight but hasn’t been given a start date for Florida. He’ll be working for ROH until he starts up.

--Colt Cabana has had two tryouts, set up by C.M. Punk, for a job as a color commentator. There’s nothing new on that front in the sense no job has been offered at this point.

Kaladin

--A funny deal is that the Sin Cara ringside collectible figure has his arm in a sling. It’s not a rib on the idea Sin Cara has been injured a lot, but the sling was originally designed for a Ringside Collectible C.M. Punk figure for last year. The idea was for when Punk had an arm injury and the arm was in a sling. They wanted to have accessories in the two packs and Sin Cara and Mysterio were together. It was supposed to be for Mysterio representing the angle between Mysterio and Del Rio when Del Rio injured Mysterio’s arm. But the factory accidentally, instead of making the sling an accessory, put it on the Sin Cara figure.
Sin Cara's action figure even botches. LMAO.

--A lot of the lower level guys on the main roster are liking being on the NXT show because they are featured more as stars when they are on NXT, get more time for their matches, and a lot of the bigwigs, HHH in particular, are there at the tapings and there’s a greater chance for a standout performance than on WWE television. HHH got really behind Curtis Axel based on his series of NXT matches last year with Tyson Kidd.

This is good, they had a pretty amazing feud and I'm glad someone was watching. Hopefully they'll give Tyson Kidd his dues once he returns from injury.

hahahahaah
tumblr_m86u7qwo5A1qbs7ryo1_500.jpg

We know who's winning that title next.

Yeah, Tanahashi.

They'll build up to Okada vs Tanahashi V at the Tokyo Dome next year. I'm guessing;

DOMINION - Devitt beats Tanahashi, Okada beats Makabe, Devitt challenges Okada.
Kizuna Road - Okada defeats Devitt, enters G1 as champion.
G1 Climax - Tanahashi gets his win back over Devitt, wins the tournament. Okada is knocked out of the tournament by Nakamura but the CHAOS members shake hands afterwards.
DESTRUCTION - Okada defends the belt against someone he lost a match to in the G1, maybe Anderson again, or someone like Nagata. Nakamura challenges Okada post-match as the cracks begin to show in CHAOS.
King of Pro-Wrestling - Okada and Nakamura feud for control of CHAOS, probably a tag match or something.
Power Struggle - Okada defeats Nakamura and defends his title, Nakamura is kicked out of CHAOS and turns face, similarly to how the group's founder Togi Makabe was turned face.
World Tag League/whatever - filler match for the title.
Wrestle Kingdom VIII - Okada loses to Tanahashi, who is challenged by Naito...maybe. I could honestly see them giving him a run with the IC title first. Or, perhaps they could do a champion vs champion deal. Either way, I'm betting on Tanahashi vs Naito being the feud of next year.

Also, Shibata - once he's done with Goto, I'm pretty sure he's going to factor into the IWGP title picture somewhere. At least, I hope so.

Kaladin

Anyone else feel like Curtis Axel is the result of Bobby Roooo not going to WWE?

He's a result of Joe Hennig putting in work on NXT and Vince McMahon being a tight ass about owning his Superstar's names, and Triple H realizing Michael McGillicutty wasn't cutting the mustard.

sailorswayze

Neo Member
Okay so we're doing this.
Current Fave Five:
1. Damien Sandow
2. AJ Lee
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Antonio Cesaro
HM: Big E for calling me cute things on twitter.

Fave Five:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Prince Devitt
4. Michael Elgin
5. Noam Dar

HMs; Ricochet, Biff Busick, Seth Rollins

Some good iPPVs this weekend, though, what with New Japan & ROH. I'm very much looking forward to Devitt vs Tanahashi and Elgin vs Ciampa could be great from the ROH show.

Kaladin

Some good iPPVs this weekend, though, what with New Japan & ROH. I'm very much looking forward to Devitt vs Tanahashi and Elgin vs Ciampa could be great from the ROH show.

Briscoe vs Briscoe will be god tier if their last match that happened a few years ago in the UK is any indication.

somedevil

NXT Spoilers:

NXT Champion Bo Dallas b. Antonio Cesaro to retain with accidental help from Leo Kruger who came out on stage during the middle of the match. The crowd was loud for Cesaro and was booing Bo hard. After the match, Cesaro and Kruger attacked Dallas until Sami Zayn ran out to make the save. Zayn stares at the NXT Title before leaving

* Leo Kruger b. Sami Zayn with an armbar. Really strong match.

Why?

Briscoe vs Briscoe will be god tier if their last match that happened a few years ago in the UK is any indication.

Yeah, I always remember Briscoe vs Briscoe matches being pretty great - they had one early in ROH, one in IWA-MS, another in ROH and that weird ass match in their home-town fed that was just them wailing on each other with chairs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuuNhRIlak

Briscoes1.gif
Briscoes2.gif
Briscoes3.gif

Also, their promos pretty much sold me on the match anyways. I won't be watching live though, as the stream was terribly unstable for me with Border Wars.

Sunflower said:
Noam Dar's really been doin it for you lately eh?

Yeah, the kid's a great character and very promising in the ring - he could be something very special in a year or two.

Just watched a good match of his from last year against Davey Richards, well worth a watch, even though the crowd are a bit on the dull side;

Davey Richards vs Noam Dar - (SWE 08/18/12)

NXT Spoilers:

NXT Champion Bo Dallas b. Antonio Cesaro to retain with accidental help from Leo Kruger who came out on stage during the middle of the match. The crowd was loud for Cesaro and was booing Bo hard. After the match, Cesaro and Kruger attacked Dallas until Sami Zayn ran out to make the save. Zayn stares at the NXT Title before leaving

* Leo Kruger b. Sami Zayn with an armbar. Really strong match.

Why?

HtiPOWz.png

Top Bottom