• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

somedevil

TNA really should give AJ an 8 month title run with wins over Sting, Angle, Bully Ray, Hardy, Hogan, Rooooooooo, Aries, whatever guy who has just been fired from WWE, and maybe Ric Flair or something. All as an appology for how they've cast him aside for every guy WWE got rid of for the past decade.

The man has been through a lot of crap in TNA. The whole prince AJ crap, him wearing a turkey and reindeer suit, him in a mma match with fire Russo chants, him becoming Ric Flair Jr, and finally Claire Lynch.

strobogo

Banned
Hey guys, Paris is hotter than Rory, but none of the women can top Lorelei.

The man has been through a lot of crap in TNA. The whole prince AJ crap, him wearing a turkey and reindeer suit, him in a mma match with fire Russo chants, him becoming Ric Flair Jr, and finally Claire Lynch.

They really should have built the entire company around him. He's a special talent that they've treated like like and taken for granted because he had loyalty to Dixie. He could and should have been one of the top talents of the past decade, and instead he's just another in a long line of wasted talent in TNA. Even more than Joe.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Isn't Bray Wyatt the name of that guy who had like 3 WWE matches and there's that Photoshop of a DVD of him?

oh yeah Brayden Walker same shit

iTHkffMRjlX5P.gif

Alucard

Banned
AJ vs. Samoa Joe sounds like it was good. Love how Joe has dropped some weight and looks better than he has in years. Must be prepping for a WWE run!

bangai-o

Banned
didnt wresslegaf used to talk about TNA rising and forcing wwe to take seriously their competition? how come that discussion never happens anymore?

Alucard

Banned
TNA feels like it's stagnant at the moment aside from a few characters and stories. (AJ Styles, Bad Influence, Aries and Roode) Aces and Eights needs to end ASAP.

I got back into wrestling in the middle of Bobby's world tittle reign. I last watched when they still had the six sided ring around 2005 or when Eddie died. Has it really gotten better or worse?

strobogo

Banned
The last 3 months of 2009 was really awesome. It was right before Hogan and Bischoff came in and Russo SWERVED everyone by making a really simple, wrestling heavy based show for 3 months.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, Calgary is going through a flood at the moment.

I hope any WrassleGAF'ers out there are safe!

(I believe Pepsicity is from there)

Lunchbox

Banned
The last 3 months of 2009 was really awesome. It was right before Hogan and Bischoff came in and Russo SWERVED everyone by making a really simple, wrestling heavy based show for 3 months.

remember jan 4, 2010

raw vs tna, Bret Hart vs Hollywood.....i mean nashville hogan

KissVibes

Banned
Guys stop making fun of Bo as the NXT champion.

I guess he needs to start cutting Star Wars promos like John Cena did that one time to get your respect.

Bo Dallas will never have my respect.

That wasted Rumble spot and short thing with Barrett could've went to a better talent. That NXT roster spot and paycheck he collects could go to somebody else.

Fuck dude, I'd rather see LUKE HAWX in Bo's spot. And he looks like a bald child that stole daddy's beard clippings and glued them to his face as a mustache.

strobogo

Banned
It wasn't that great of a night. RVD vs Sting in a 10 second match followed by a 10 minute beat down, TNA building a cage to have a reverse cage match without testing how someone would get out of it first, TONS of production errors even for TNA. That whole first night of the new Monday Night War was a mess.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow that family share thing sounds awesome

I wish they would've announced it at E3, just so Jack Tretton could've gone on stage and said "Yeah, the 60 minute free game trial that requires you to have a family member purchase a full game? We have that free for every user subscrised to PS Plus" *pause for THIS IS AWESOME-chants*

Hello, Wrassle-GAF. I've been lurking in this thread for some time now, and thought I should finally show my face!

Here's a quick backstory: I loved wrestling when I was a little Hulkster. Hulk Hogan. Ric Flair. Macho Man Randy Savage. The Ultimate Warrior. Hawk and Animal. Earthquake. Shawn Michaels (in the Rockers and also out). The Undertaker. Etc. I eventually grew tired of it right around the start of the "Attitude Era". Stone Cold didn't do much for me, really, and I moved on. I also mainly stuck with the WWF, though ventured into the WCW a little.

Throughout the years I tried getting back into wrestling every once in a while. It usually would end up that I'd see a PPV event, or a single RAW episode, and think to myself "This is the worst fucking thing ever". I believe one of the last times this happened was when I watched an episode of RAW where Hornswoggle (sp?) was revealed to be Vince's son? Or some shit? I don't know, it was just horrendous. But perhaps I didn't give things enough of a chance.

Fast forward to this past Wrestlemania. I watched it, still wasn't impressed. Watched RAW, still wasn't. But I stuck with it. I was feeling quite nostalgic, and I wanted to really like wrestling again, though the WWE was making that very difficult. For the past few months now, I've watched every RAW, Smackdown, NXT, heck even stuff like Main Event, etc. I've seen the PPVs, as well. And damn, if things aren't improving. I'm.........enjoying it (for the most part).

Daniel Bryan is simply fantastic, and a joy to watch. I only knew of him prior because of GAF gifs, but I understand the hype. He rocks my socks. The Shield are entertaining. AJ is awesome. I haven't gotten to see a ton of him due to his "concussion", but Ziggler is definitely moving up my list. I've actually grown fond of.. dare I say, MOST of the WWE roster. Not that there isn't some terribleness to go around, don't get me wrong. I'd be fine if 3MB and the Usos would just disappear. And Jack Swagger. Zach Ryder > those douches.

Anyways, I'd like to thank Wrassle-GAF for this. I don't think I would have been able to get through the initial period of "holy fuck this sucks" without GAF. I stuck with it. This thread is quite entertaining, and honestly, very informative. You get a different perspective on wrestling, I think, when you follow this thread.

My current fav-five:

Daniel Bryan
AJ
Dolph
Paige
Kane (?.............. depends on my mood and the match)

All-time? That's hard to do, but here's a list strictly born from nostalgia, when I was probably 8-12 years old:

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Macho Man Randy Savage
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker

Toki767

Catching up on Impact. Hogan's revisionist history of Roode winning the BFG series and then implying that he won the title at BFG that year when he was the reason why Roode didn't is hilarious.

This is a separate quick question I have: Is CM Punk actually good in the ring?

I've only seen a handful of matches of his, and the two he just had with Jericho and Del Rio seemed to be.......lacking. I want to like him more, truly. Was it just because it was Jericho and Del Rio that he seemed sort of......sluggish? He lacked energy, I felt.

I know there's a ton of CM Punk fans, so I'm not saying this to piss them off or anything, haha. I'm legitimately curious, as I've hardly ever seen any of his matches.

This is a separate quick question I have: Is CM Punk actually good in the ring?

I've only seen a handful of matches of his, and the two he just had with Jericho and Del Rio seemed to be.......lacking. I want to like him more, truly. Was it just because it was Jericho and Del Rio that he seemed sort of......sluggish? He lacked energy, I felt.

I know there's a ton of CM Punk fans, so I'm not saying this to piss them off or anything, haha. I'm legitimately curious, as I've hardly ever seen any of his matches.

CM Punk isn't an "energy" guy. It's his psychology/storytelling, off the cuff interactions with people in the ring and fans, and his mic work that makes him special. He has a natural charisma, the kind that lifts wrestlers from "good" to "great," and is entertaining to watch as long as he isn't stuck with a toolbox babyface gimmick.

He also just came back from a vacation, give it some time.

Aight, thanks :)

Yeah, just haven't seen enough of him. Just a handful of matches, and most of those just this past week, haha

Every wrestler needs to have the energy of Daniel Bryan, though. C'MON! ;)

Here's a good match if you're a fan of Bryan, it's from his pre-WWE days;

Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) vs Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) - (ROH 07/26/08)

And yeah, Punk isn't the greatest in-ring guy, he's always been somewhat sloppy in his execution and, if it weren't for his understanding of structure and pacing, his charisma and storytelling, he wouldn't be anywhere near as big of a deal as he is today.

New Michinoku Pro show!!

Michinoku Pro, "20TH ANNIVERSARY TOKYO TAIKAI", 2013.06.09
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,560 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2pano

01. Kinya Oyanagi vs Ayumu Gunji
02. Otoko Sakari, Katsuo & Mesno-re Oyaji vs Yapper Man #1, #2 & #3
03. Rasse & Kenbai vs Rui Hiugaji & Benham Ali
04. Minamino Return Match: Takeshi Minamino, Majinmaru, Ken45 & Daichi Sasaki vs Kenou, Taro Nohashi & The Brahman Brothers
05. Tohoku Tag Titles: Ultimo Dragon & Kesen Numajirolamo (c) vs Super Delfin & Shisaou
06. Tohoku Jr. Heayvweight Title: Fujita 'Jr' Hayato (c) vs Koji Kanemoto

Some fun stuff on the undercard, but nothing really great outisde of THAT MAIN EVENT! Holy shit. I don't need to paint much of a picture here, it's Fujita & Kanemoto kicking the crap out of each other for nearly half an hour.

Top Bottom