• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Aiii

So not worth it
This is why we don't have more female posters in WrassleGAF.

My good British friend bean breath is rolling in his grave right now.

You should check out female wrasslin' fans tumblr's. If you think we're bad...

Also, check out WWE confession tumblr's. The things these women do in their fantasies. Blows the mind man.

Jamie OD

Spoiler for next week's Impact.

Suicide wins the X Title but Hogan notices it is someone else under the mask and demands the guy to reveal who he is. Suicide later reveals himself to be Austin Aries. Him and Sabin feuding over the X Title before either get to face Bully Ray doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Spoiler for next week's Impact.

Suicide wins the X Title but Hogan notices it is someone else under the mask and demands the guy to reveal who he is. Suicide later reveals himself to be Austin Aries. Him and Sabin feuding over the X Title before either get to face Bully Ray doesn't sound like a bad idea.

That actually sounds pretty awesome.
Espcially since Destination X is still being held, but on free TV this year, I would like to see Aries with the big belt again, his last run was way too short.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Also, check out WWE confession tumblr's. The things these women do in their fantasies. Blows the mind man.
That doesn't excuse the creep factor up in here! And I was beating the door down trying to get to Kaitlyn so you know its bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's funny that I saw some tumblr reblog that it was 'sexist' that some site uploaded Kaitlyn's nip slip

and then right under it CODY RHODES BUTT

Less than 24hrs away, who's in for DOMINION?

NJPW, "DOMINION 6.22", 2013.06.22
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

iWnw6YAVB8zni.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

5PM Japan, 10AM Europe, 9AM Great Britain, 4AM US East Coast, 1AM US West Coast - on demand replays will be available minutes after the show finishes and last until those same times on June 30th.

0. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (c) vs TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
2. Yuji Nagata, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Karl Anderson, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
3. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title 3-Way: TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) (c) vs Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka)
4. NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Rob Conway (c) vs Manabu Nakanishi
5. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton 'X' Benjamin)
6. Stardust Genius Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs Yujiro Takahashi
7. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Togi Makabe

The undercard looks a bit weak on paper, but hopefully one of those matches manages to out-do my expectations. The faces vs BULLET CLUB match should be ok, and I'm sure the Jr. tag title match will be fine, but I'm sick of seeing Forever Hooligans vs TIME SPLITTERS. The 3-way tag match last time was largely forgettable, so now we're doing it again for some reason. As for the NWA title match...Kojima barely managed to pull Conway to an acceptable match, I'm not at all confidant that Nakanishi will be able to do the same.

However, every match from CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun onwards looks to be great. I'm really hoping we see a lot of Ishii/Suzuki exchanges, as I feel there's a singles match brewing there. Naito's return match should be a real big deal and it will be interesting to see his reception, I'm hoping Yujiro doesn't make it too easy for him though. The two special singles matches should be awesome, I loved Goto vs Shibata last time around (although some might not be as fond of the shootstyle as I am) so I'm very much anticipating the rematch, while Tanahashi vs Devitt should prove to be excellent if their match from the Anniversary Show is any indication. Very interested to see if Devitt can successfully transition to the heavyweight division. The main event is an odd one - Makabe's fine, he's a good brawler, but I'm not a fan. Okada's amazing, but he's still very young and has been working with other excellent wrestlers, for the most part. I feel like a lot of the pressure is going to be on him to make their match great, so it'll be interesting to see if he can pull it off.

Also, it looks like the next international iPPV will be Day 4 of the G1 Climax Tournament on August 4th. The Kizuna Road tour in September has a PPV on the final date, but it looks like it will be Japanese cable only. Same goes for the G1 Finals, unfortunately, but hopefully it won't be too long before they surface.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to watch DOMINION but I simply don't have the time to watch it live - so I'll wait for the writeup and feelings about it before purchasing because that definitely doesn't hurt.

CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun should be a barn burner, I'm confident that'll be good - especially with Nakamura being title-less, even more pressure to deliver.

Kaladin

FWE (Former WWE Entertainers) are living up to the name I gave them and have signed Matt Striker to do commentary for tonight's iPPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FWE (Former WWE Entertainers) are living up to the name I gave them and have signed Matt Striker to do commentary for tonight's iPPV.

ha, that's fantastic. Should be good for them though, Striker is good on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this today on FB, figured Strobogo needs it in his collection:
cxtXFcq.jpg

BFIB

I really liked Striker on commentary. He called matches in more of the old school style. I liked that a lot.

It seems there are a lot of new people posting here too. I don't post near as much as some, but this is a great thing to see. Posting those awesome threads in the OT is really paying off!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really liked Striker on commentary. He called matches in more of the old school style. I liked that a lot.

It seems there are a lot of new people posting here too. I don't post near as much as some, but this is a great thing to see. Posting those awesome threads in the OT is really paying off!

I agree, it's great to see a lot of new faces.

You all hated me when I took Legit Shook to the masses, but it paid off. You all snickered when I made a kayfabe thread about John Cena, but it paid off.

Maybe I need an avatar change.

jv9rojI.jpg

BFIB

The biggest creeper has to be Vince.

Wasn't there a .gif of him basically staring at his daughter's voluptuous boobs?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine if you will, if Shane had gotten into bodybuilding.

THEN how bad would Vince have been?

BFIB

I wish Shane were still a part of the company. Hell, I'd rather have Stephanie leave and Shane come back in.

RBH

Shawn Michaels interview:

Michaels relayed a recent conversation with WWE head Vince McMahon about talent evaluation. Michaels set it up as feeling what current new stars feel because he struggled to gain acceptance as an undersized wrestler who was given the WWF Title when others in the company felt like he wasn't worthy.

"I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the man in charge," Michaels said, "and we were talking about a certain individual and he goes, 'I just don't see money in him.' And I said, 'You said the same thing about me.' He said, 'I did not.' I said, 'Yes you did!' (laughs) I said, 'And it's okay. It's just one of those things.'"

Michaels continued: "I wasn't your prototypical - heck, I wasn't anybody's protoypical main event guy. And I knew that. So, you just do your absolute best. Yes, I was very scared and very worried, which had a lot to do with how bad I handled stuff because I spent a great deal of my career waiting for the other shoe to drop. Because it was a very real view of me and my ability and my talent. I'm a firm believer that talent does rise to the top, but you have to be patient. So, I spent a great deal of time worried, intimidated, and concerned that with each passing storyline, it might be the last one."

Michaels said he was never really close to jumping to WCW during the Monday Night Wars, but the thought crossed his mind after he left WWF in 1998.

"Vince just wasn't a guy that was going to give up. I knew the man and I knew he would not stay down for long," Michaels said. "So, it was a brief thought. Was there ever an opportunity? Yes, but I wasn't even wrestling then. It was a brief thought, but quickly discarded and pledged my loyalty to WWE. Believe it or not, they were incredibly loyal to me and I always felt that I owed them that. We had common ground there, so it was never really a thought in my mind to leave the company."

Less than 24hrs away, who's in for DOMINION?

NJPW, "DOMINION 6.22", 2013.06.22
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

iWnw6YAVB8zni.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

5PM Japan, 10AM Europe, 9AM Great Britain, 4AM US East Coast, 1AM US West Coast - on demand replays will be available minutes after the show finishes and last until those same times on June 30th...

6. Stardust Genius Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs Yujiro Takahashi
7. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt

These are the only three matches I'm pumped for. Maybe its because New Japan was focused on the BoSJ tour this month but I'm not really feeling the card. Hopefully Devitt brings his A game. This could be the match that makes the crowd see him as a legit heavyweight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really think Togi has some dirt on NJPW or something. There's no reason he should be getting title shots over guys like Takahashi. Yujiro gets better every week and Togi gets worse. Slow, short matches where he does a lariat and brawls that don't fit the pace of the matches at all.

He's not even entertaining like Yano.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devitt vs Tanahashi is an opportunity for that little asshole Devitt to do some god-tier level trolling, I'm definitely CURIOUS about that one.

Yeah, I'm very much looking forward to seeing asshole Devitt and the BULLET CLUB in full effect. They were getting a ton of heat all throughout the Super Juniors.

Maybe its because New Japan was focused on the BoSJ tour this month but I'm not really feeling the card. Hopefully Devitt brings his A game. This could be the match that makes the crowd see him as a legit heavyweight.

I think they really need to shake up the Jr. heavyweight division, as the Jr. tag title scene is severely lacking and, while there are a few guys who could have a good run with the Jr. heavyweight title, nothing has been done much to push anyone in that direction. It'll be interesting to see where the Jr. heavyweight title ends up if Devitt does transition to the heavyweight division - Taguchi getting injured probably messed up their plans.

Also, the heavyweight tag titles really need some new challengers. I had thought the pay-off with TenKoji winning the tag belts from KES would be that they'd do a title vs title vs title match, as KES are the NWA tag champions and Yano & Iizuka are the GHC tag champions, but regardless, I'd definitely like to see some new teams in the mix.

Dragonzord said:
I really think Togi has some dirt on NJPW or something. There's no reason he should be getting title shots over guys like Takahashi. Yujiro gets better every week and Togi gets worse. Slow, short matches where he does a lariat and brawls that don't fit the pace of the matches at all.

It's just because he's really popular - Makabe's on mainstream TV in Japan A LOT, way more than any of the other NJPW guys (although Okada is getting out there), so I'd guess that's why he's still such a prominent focus in the company. It's not like he's getting a title run, though. He's just a make-shift challenger, although if Yujiro weren't Okada's CHAOS team-mate it would be a better match, I agree. I also would like to see Okada vs Nagata and Okada vs Kojima at some point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Devitt vs Tanahashi is an opportunity for that little asshole Devitt to do some god-tier level trolling, I'm definitely CURIOUS about that one.

I mean, Naito god-tier trolled Tanahashi and he was a face. It's part of what got him so over as a face, not a heel.

strobogo

Banned
Saw this today on FB, figured Strobogo needs it in his collection:
cxtXFcq.jpg

1010896_549434681765554_786696002_n.jpg

995671_351960654929458_794716241_n.jpg

1000904_683059151720574_839283240_n.png

992845_549434201765602_1891252373_n.jpg

1011386_683054991720990_48524919_n.jpg

These are all so weird to me. They're always both over laudatory and self important (the main through lines for these are girls are the only ones to have emotions and are way more special than guys/girls can't be truly happy without a man/most men are terrible) and self loathing at the same time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The big takeaway from all those, Strobogo, is the truth that:

they're wrong, they want life to be like this.

It's cold, it's dead, and we need to make our own bleak ones. Hmm...

Yujiro's a quality worker but he has no charisma at all. Like Boooooooooooootay said, Makabe's super-over in Japan, to the point that the crowd turned on Tanahashi when they fought, and Yujiro sucked the life out of their fued. New Japan should use him in tags with new talent or loan him out to NOAH full-time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yujiro's a quality worker but he has no charisma at all. Like Boooooooooooootay said, Makabe's super-over in Japan, to the point that the crowd turned on Tanahashi when they fought, and Yujiro sucked the life out of their fued. New Japan should use him in tags with new talent or loan him out to NOAH full-time.

For people who don't watch a lot of Japanese programming in general it's easy to miss the boat with Makabe and not get it - but I think a lot of that does come across in what he does. For those judging him just on in-ring talent, yeah, there's something to be desired but if you swallow the pill, he's a very likable dude.

XenoRaven

I liked when Makabe fooled Yujiro into trying to get him DQ'd by threatening him with the chain and then he punched Yujiro in the face with his free hand.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No charisma?
yujirohugu4x2w.gif

Also, the crowd turns on Tanahashi fairly often when he faces other faces or recently turned faces. He's not Cena levels, but as I said, they cheered Naito every time he fucked over Tanahashi.

XenoRaven

I kind of wonder how Japanese wrestling fans would react to a baka gaijin sitting in the front row at a NJPW show. Normally I wouldn't ask but all the westerners are heels.

Top Bottom